PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like Rivers is out for the year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never again do I want to hear posters go "it's ok he'll be fine he walked off the field" after a leg injury. That means squat!

Two Teams might be in the offing. We are not going to move Jimmy G, but Brissett might be dangled. He has some NFL snaps. QB is an issue for many Teams.
One that maybe enticed are the Jags. They watched Brisett. He is certainly not Jimmy, but might be a better alternative than the really messed up Bortles or the journeyman Henne. The player I target is Fowler Jr. So far has not lived up to hype and on the second Team. Did have 4 sacks last year in a not full year starting job.

The next Team with an abysmal QB roster is SF. Hoyer is a band-aid, Barley is terrible and Bethard is a P.S. type. Maybe John Lynch takes a shot at a young QB from a system he knows works in Brissett for how about Aaron Lynch? 6'6" and 270. Plays OLB and DE. Last year was injured some but good sack totals prior 2 years. Young player with 4.64 40 speed. 12.5 sacks in 2014 and 2015.
Third on their depth chat is is Ronald Blair III. I would still throw a Draft pick if Brissett is not wanted.

Thoughts?
DW Toys

Fowler has been injured and has been a total bust, to date, for the Jags. I would be very interested in Ngakoue but there is no way the Jags are going to give him up.

Thanks for the "optimistic" info, Jeff Howe, I mean Ericka Leigh.

Maybe the Patriots feared that it was a torn patella tendon and it was "only" a torn ACL instead?......

Thanks for the "optimistic" info, Jeff Howe, I mean Ericka Leigh.

If team sources told him they were optimistic, why is Howe at fault for reporting that?

The elephant in the room right now is #54. It's been assumed he'll be off PUP in time to start the season (like Branch was), but has this been reported anywhere?

He'll be fine. My guess Thurs night game one he's out there.

Team's initial exam was wrong. Very unusual for ACLs. Howe did his job.

Last edited:
If team sources told him they were optimistic, why is Howe at fault for reporting that?
Relax. It was meant to be tongue in cheek. I do find it ironic however, that a couple of tweets totally swayed the opinion of the forum into thinking that he avoided serious injury, because we've seen this before many times.

Good idea, in a first moment I thought about Ninkovich coming back to save the day, after all the ceremony and all that is already in the books, would be just some fun playing time for him with no big responsibilities and then retire again, but then I kind of went Nahhh, bad idea, guy is already retired, maybe his body already relaxed into the point of no return.

But then, your idea mid season, that could work. The first quarter of the season BB is willing to play like an extended pre-season and see where things are at the end of week 4. I think we could go 3-1 and even 2-2 it's not the end of the world. Our entire division is tanking.

Perhaps Ninko saw the writing on the wall when they drafted Rivers and decided to go out on top. Figured the Pats D was in good hands with a youth injection.

I dont recall Ninko showing signs of being done last season at all. A part time Ninko is better than trading Jimmy IMO with Jacoby sort of struggling. Learning the defense is so important and I wonder how long a new guy would take to adjust.

Perhaps Ninko saw the writing on the wall when they drafted Rivers and decided to go out on top. Figured the Pats D was in good hands with a youth injection.

I dont recall Ninko showing signs of being done last season at all. A part time Ninko is better than trading Jimmy IMO with Jacoby sort of struggling. Learning the defense is so important and I wonder how long a new guy would take to adjust.
Supposedly, Ninkovich claimed that he was too sore just from lifting weights, let alone all of the other stuff that he'd need to do to stay in competitive playing shape.

I believe he said that it took him a week to recover from doing squats, and that was enough to tell him that he should hang it up. I don't think we should give any consideration to that possibility.

I wouldn't even do Sheldon Richardson for Cyrus Jones. Richardson is a cancer. Lol.

He may not be a murderer but I'm sure he could step it up to fit in there. ;)

Seriously though Sheldon is the man. I hope we keep him and somehow dump Wilkerson. Sheldon's only issue is some immaturity that'll disappear soon.

We need a sad rating. I don't want to give OP a dislike, but I certainly dislike the news.

Get well soon, Rivers.
That's what, I think at least, the "Useful" rating is for. Doesn't mean I like, dislike, agree, disagree. Just that it was information I didn't have before and now I have it.

Note to Mods: maybe edit the thread title. I thought it was about Philip Rivers. No big deal to leave it like it is, tho.

He may not be a murderer but I'm sure he could step it up to fit in there. ;)

Seriously though Sheldon is the man. I hope we keep him and somehow dump Wilkerson. Sheldon's only issue is some immaturity that'll disappear soon.
Not sure what happened to him, but I thought Wilkerson was a great fit here, coming out of Temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes