PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like our suffering isn’t over yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Jordan Richards was a natural in that video he'd make a heck of position coach or analyst. :p

After this injury, Vegas has Richards over/under at 0.5 tackles...for the season.

Maybe he was meant to be an offensive player? Maybe we had it all wrong when we wanted him to partake in that tacking thing?
Yeah, could very well be. I’m starting to hate the piling-on. At some point it becomes the team’s fault, not the player’s.

Could be worse. Could be teamed up with Cyrus Jones.

Of course it is.

Do we want to cut Ebner or King because they can't play safety? Of course not. Clearly, Belichick would rather have Richards playing safety than either of them. It seems that Belichick still wants to have one of his special teamers as our #4 safety. Put another way, Belichick does want to use a position on a #4 safety and give up a social teams position.

Yeah, could very well be. I’m starting to hate the piling-on. At some point it becomes the team’s fault, not the player’s.

Of course it is.

Do we want to cut Ebner or King because they can't play safety? Of course not. Clearly, Belichick would rather have Richards playing safety than either of them. It seems that Belichick still wants to have one of his special teamers as our #4 safety. Put another way, Belichick does want to use a position on a #4 safety and give up a social teams position.
Yes, it’s interesting. We as fans often get upset about players and/or personnel moves and disagree with the brass, but I can’t recall this must derision for an individual player.

Somehow I have rachmanus for the dude even though he’s getting rich playing a game.

We need better depth on defense then. Hopefully, this year is different.

Pleasant seems on his way to replace Richards. He plays like him on 4 ST units and can't be any worse as safety #4. Fingers crossed.

Unless they rebuild him into a better player I don't care if he comes out
Not nice. He's just another guy trying to make a living in the NFL. Rag on him all you want if you don't like his play, but not about his health.

And, be careful. Karma? She be a bee-itch.

IR-Dowling never had any shot of starting .

Nope. He was consistently playing the #2 CB position right up until he got injured. Despite the hip/thigh injury that never quite healed correctly, he kept trying, and his talent had him get signed by 4 teams after the Pats let him go. That talent was tantalizing to teams, hoping he'd get the mobility back in the hip. Never did. But, he does have two Super Bowl rings.

The people on this board who label him with "IR" as a way to tease him haven't got a clue and are just broadcasting their own insecurity and immaturity.

Of course it is.

By that logic (and I'm not saying you're wrong) Brady better hope Etling doesn't turn into an All Pro holder.

Nope. He was consistently playing the #2 CB position right up until he got injured. Despite the hip/thigh injury that never quite healed correctly, he kept trying, and his talent had him get signed by 4 teams after the Pats let him go. That talent was tantalizing to teams, hoping he'd get the mobility back in the hip. Never did. But, he does have two Super Bowl rings.

The people on this board who label him with "IR" as a way to tease him haven't got a clue and are just broadcasting their own insecurity and immaturity.

Dowling played two games in 2011 recorded 2 combined tackles. We had Leigh Bodden\ Sergio Brown\ James Ihedigbo \Kyle Arrington \McCourty\ Patrick Chung. 2012 he played 7 games with 7 combined tackles. What kind of consistency are you talking about? The return of the first pick of the second round was close to none. He was signed by three teams to PS. He played one game and recorded one tackle after NE.

Speaking about insecurity and immaturity, I like how you jumped on personal attack by labeling others. Calling others insecure and immature must make you secure and mature. We called him IR-Dowling because his name Ras-I Dowling, RI-Dowling. GOT IT?

Ras-I Dowling did start that 2 games. I was wrong.

Last edited:

The label had nothing to do with insecurities or immaturity, but was rather a bit of a play off of a name. Nobody was insecure just because a guy on a team they root for happen to be injury prone and a little humor was found in unfortunate circumstances.

Last edited:
BTW, IR-Dowling had ZERO SB rings. He was IRed during 2011 which the Pats lost to the Giants and he was on the PS for the Panthers and the Forehead got his second ring.

I don't blame Glitch for something that was out of his control, which was being a 2nd-round pick.

I blame the man who picked him in the 2nd round.

Unless they rebuild him into a better player I don't care if he comes out

I still like the idea of a manquin in a Richards uniform. I’m rooting for him but he has earned the blue room in n hell for that performance, is that what that was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes