PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like BPA in draft

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Good haul in free agency fills most of the wholes, looks like BPA to fill depth and add competition.

Would love to see Parsons or Collins.

Collins in particular would be a good fit - we could use a MoF LB with Hightower aging and Bentley seemingly not developing last season - Collins could be a great one.

BPA - should be the strategy regardless year after year. If bb would just stick to this philosophy, we would not have to endure the pain of Easley, slowjuan Williams or Jordan Richards year after year!

BPA - should be the strategy regardless year after year. If bb would just stick to this philosophy, we would not have to endure the pain of Easley, slowjuan Williams or Jordan Richards year after year!

Jordan Richards, sure.

But Easley and Williams were considered pretty darn talented. Joejuan came on late in the draft process and Easley had injury issues, but both were/are ultra-talented. I'm not ready to give up on Joejuan yet - he hasn't seen the field much, but when he has he's flashed and shown the ability to lock-up bigger WRs/TEs.

Would love to see Parsons or Collins.

Collins in particular would be a good fit - we could use a MoF LB with Hightower aging and Bentley seemingly not developing last season - Collins could be a great one.
If we stay at 15 I’m taking Collins all day long. I don’t think he’s that far off from Parsons who should be gone top 10. Then we can look at a guy like Mond or Mills at qb later on if we don’t trade up for one early.

I think the problem lies primarily in how the Patriots value certain positions.

There isn’t an alternate universe that exists in which they should not be trying to move up for a QB at this point. Whether that’s Wilson, Lance, or Jones... that needs to be first pick. And I am also factoring in BPA.

There isn’t an alternate universe that exists in which they should not be trying to move up for a QB at this point. Whether that’s Wilson, Lance, or Jones... that needs to be first pick. And I am also factoring in BPA.
Most drafts Bill does whatever the opposite of the media/fan consensus is that they should do with their top pick. I sometimes wonder if it's deliberate...

Most drafts Bill does whatever the opposite of the media/fan consensus is that they should do with their top pick. I sometimes wonder if it's deliberate...
Must be why the drafts have been so god awful lately, then.

I want the pats to move up for the QB. If you believe that guy can be your franchise QB you don’t think twice about it.
esp. after this first days of the offseason i don't know if you can have a much better situation for a rookie QB. Lance's ability to run as a triple threat with a deep threat and 2 TE imagine that

I think that the FA haul points solely at taking a QB at 15 or higher. The best security blanket for a noodle armed QB (Newton) or a young QB, is a TE. The Pats just signed the 2 BEST FA TEs. Also Cam is signed for only ONE year, so I think they grab their franchise QB.

Unless someone like Davante Smith falls to 15, after the WR signings, I don’t see them selecting a WR in the 1st round (wouldn’t mind somewhere in rounds 2-5). Obviously they aren’t selecting a TE. DT, they just signed 2 run stuffers. Edge rusher, they just signed one of the best pass rushers in FA and resigned Wise, and have Uche, Winovich & Jennings.

They filled so many holes, and free agency isn’t even over. The BIGGEST hole they now have, is a long term plan at QB. I think they should be willing to trade all the way up to 5. They have 11 picks and can use picks from next year to do that as well. One year of Cam while the rookie learns, and then the rookie takes over in 2022.

Could they trade Gilmore if Surtain II is there at 15?

I do not think that is how bb views things.

I would love to see us grab surtain and play him at cb in year one and then in year 2, have him take over the fs position from mccourty.

If it's not QB then yeah BPA...but Only if they're at certain positions: OL, WR, DE LB (I would include DT but #15 is too early for Christian Barmore, the highest-rated DT)...Even if THE top CB falls to #15, I still don't think I would use it on him...

The only universe that does exist is the one where BB doesn’t want to develop a QB this late in his career. Don’t know if he’s there, but that might influence him towards Jimmy G.

If it's someone that could be special like Parsons on defense or Pitts then go for it. Otherwise gotta focus on QB. They have nobody viable on the roster and these upgrades on offense won't mean much without a QB.

The only universe that does exist is the one where BB doesn’t want to develop a QB this late in his career. Don’t know if he’s there, but that might influence him towards Jimmy G.
or one where he is willing to go with Jimmy or Bridgewater for 3 years.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back