PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking ahead to the 2011 draft... WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the need for a deep threat or two to be part of our roster. I expect that belichick has hopes that Price or Tate will be able to fill that role in the future. I do expect us to bring in free agent competition, as is the norm for us.

Post SD game WR seems like more of a need, someone who can take some pressure off of the underneath stuff. My question is this, I think we all can agree A.J. Green is a major talent, however can he run ALL the routes the pats ask receivers to run? It seems to me, and please correct me if I'm mistaken, that the qualities the Patriots favor in their receivers are quick, excellent route runners. Those qualities generally favor smaller receivers (Branch, Welker, Brown, Patten, etc. etc.) so with that said does that rule out Baldwin, Jones, Green and Floyd? The obvious break from this "rule" was Moss, but Moss was literally a once in a generation type talent. Really, I hope you appreciated him while he was here because most of us will NEVER see something like Moss again. Once Moss lost the ability to consistently do what made him so unique he was gone. So again, I don't see us drafting any of the top rated receivers so who else is out there?

It appears all of these top wr's are the 6'3" to 6'5" types who teams like to throw those fly and fade patterns too. Throw it up. Try to out jump/muscle the db for the ball. Our offense requires a lot of adjustments for the wr's. We seem to do better with smaller/shiftier types. Maybe late in round 2. Where we drafted Branch. I see the first 3 picks on; de, olb, ol. Possibly, a rb. But, after Ingram this class isn't getting glowing reports. Have a hunch we trade for a rb like we did in 04 for Dillon. Had two firsts and two seconds that year too. Traded a 2nd for Dillon.

We really don't need any help at te, ilb, ng, qb. We can always improve the secondary. But, we have a bunch of young guys and Bodden coming back. Hopefully, Meriweather improving. That's why I'd go de, olb and ol(probably two of them) early. Nobody for those fantasy football lovers to talk about. But, that's not how you build your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back