PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL: Browns considering Condeleeza Rice as next HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a couple weeks from now, when the Browns hire Pagano, there will be a chorus saying, "Yeah, they should gone with Condi."
“They should have gone with Kanye.”

“They should have gone with Stormy.”

These are two statements that I’ll feel comfortable making should the Browns hire Chuck Pagano.

Condaleeza Rice is a just a diversion to keep the fans thinking one thing, while slipping in another JAG to coach the Browns... do agree with the idea of Rice as Commissioner of the NFL.

Report: Browns considering Condoleezza Rice for head-coaching job

No joke. If true, this organization is in worse shape than I thought.

I doubt that there's any truth to that story.

However. she was interviewed when she was Secretary of State and asked what would be her dream job. I think she caught everyone off guard when she said that her dream was to be commissioner of the NFL. Too bad she didn't get it or the Pats would have had more draft picks and maybe a couple more SB wins.

At some capacity Rice would be good for the Browns and the league.

Until Bush named her Secretary of State I didn't know a thing about her. After doing a little research I came away impressed.

I doubt that there's any truth to that story.

However. she was interviewed when she was Secretary of State and asked what would be her dream job. I think she caught everyone off guard when she said that her dream was to be commissioner of the NFL. Too bad she didn't get it or the Pats would have had more draft picks and maybe a couple more SB wins.

At a bare minimum, Condi would be a decisive upgrade over Goody.

At a bare minimum, Condi would be a decisive upgrade over Goody.

Of course she would be an upgrade. Anyone who looks at her record of achievements objectively would know that to be true. She's an incredible woman.

I'm going to get the rest of my response in now while this thread is still open. It won't be for much longer.

It's pretty difficult to have an actual mature discussion once politics weaves it's way into a thread. The wrong side won the election in 2016 for us to have civil discourse, here or anywhere else.

Of course she would be an upgrade. Anyone who looks at her record of achievements objectively would know that to be true. She's an incredible woman.

I'm going to get the rest of my response in now while this thread is still open. It won't be for much longer.

It's pretty difficult to have an actual mature discussion once politics weaves it's way into a thread. The wrong side won the election in 2016 for us to have civil discourse, here or anywhere else.
Agree. I'd like it to stay on the discussion of Condi's credentials as a exec in 345 Park Ave. As a HC or GM I just don't see her as a fit. Maybe a club president...

Somebody played Adam Schefter. That's probably not easy to do, but it seems like this was never a real discussion.

Agree. I'd like it to stay on the discussion of Condi's credentials as a exec in 345 Park Ave. As a HC or GM I just don't see her as a fit. Maybe a club president...

Even she knows she's not suited for the job of HC. I think I saw that here in this thread. But she clearly would want to be the Commish. The problem is that the owners are happy with the slime ball they have in place now. There's no way that Rice would have lied in court to keep the power over the players that Goody gave the owners in the Brady case.

Browns thinking outside the box??:confused: I like the angle the conventional way haven't worked haven't works since Kosar/Mack.:D

She would do better than the last coach. Could not do worse. I wish her the best of luck.

While I think she could potentially be an asset in some sort of advisory role, I do not believe for one single second she is being considered for head coach.

We, of all people, should be aware of how often the media reports things that are just completely made up.

Somebody played Adam Schefter. That's probably not easy to do, but it seems like this was never a real discussion.
Makes a lot more sense if she joined the front office in some capacity to bring some outside the box thinking or a new approach to business (both on and off the field), but if we’re talking Xs and Os even if she’s a really smart fan, c’mon now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes