PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL: Browns considering Condeleeza Rice as next HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL You have dozens of NFL coaches toiling for life as assistants, hoping one day they'll get a shot at a head coach's job and Condeleeza Rice gets consideration with absolutely zero NFL experience? This is an embarassment for the coaches both working now and retired. Id be pissed if I were one of them.

Chill dude, the Browns already said they weren't actually considering her. And don't act like NFL/college coaching isn't already a nepotism-filled old boys club.

All I know about Condi Rice is that she did a fantastic job handling a pretty hostile media scene during the second half of the Bush Administration. On that basis, at least you'd be sure the media side of the job was handled. If the assistant coaches did the football thing it might even work... that said the fact that it might work doesn't change the fact that it's a really weird idea.

I know the Browns have already nixed this, but WHY/HOW did this come out at all ? The Browns are really really awful at finding the right people. Rice or no Rice, they have no clue what they are doing.

Some will point out the QB and CB as foundation players. I think they just got lucky. Eventually, when you draft as high as Cleveland for 15 years, you are going to “hit” despite your crappy evaluation.

So, a couple weeks from now, when the Browns hire Pagano, there will be a chorus saying, "Yeah, they should gone with Condi."

Tapes have yet to surface of GW Bush saying to her in the situation room, "This is why you'll never be a head coach in the NFL."

LOL You have dozens of NFL coaches toiling for life as assistants, hoping one day they'll get a shot at a head coach's job and Condeleeza Rice gets consideration with absolutely zero NFL experience? This is an embarassment for the coaches both working now and retired. Id be pissed if I were one of them.

Let's get this straight... this is not serious. Rice has suggested that a woman be considered for a assistant coaching job, but that she herself is not qualified. She said she would like to run one play next season from the both, but that's her only coaching ambition. (She's a big Browns fan)

Are you guys yanking my chain? This isn’t real is it?

Agree. Anyone would be better than this.
Agreed. Rice seems to belong to the same moderate Neocon wing as guys like Colin Powell, and they're a big step up from the current crop of reactionaries.

Is this real or some "Onion" article? It's getting harder and harder to tell the difference these days.

i dont think her being considered any different than MrsPFinVa, im sure both are nice people and are good fans, but to Run a team as a head coach, why not as long as its not my team , if its the pats, hell no

Mixing Politics with sports is never a good idea,no matter how much you agree with them or dislike them, and we should look at Condi as a coach and not a person that was on Ws team

"and so...the feminization of the once fearsome gladiatorial sport known as professional MEN'S football will be complete when President Winfrey and Secretary of State ThrowingBull Warren announce the completion of their non-violent sports initiative, whereupon all male participants will be required to wear brightly colored tartan skirts with flags in their sashes combined with "River Dance Only" celebrations in the "finish" zone after an "accomplishment". All former sexist terms such as score and end zone will be eliminated."

Gee whiz...can't wait!!!

"and so...the feminization of the once fearsome gladiatorial sport known as professional MEN'S football will be complete when President Winfrey and Secretary of State ThrowingBull Warren announce the completion of their non-violent sports initiative, whereupon all male participants will be required to wear brightly colored tartan skirts with flags in their sashes combined with "River Dance Only" celebrations in the "finish" zone after an "accomplishment". All former sexist terms such as score and end zone will be eliminated."

Gee whiz...can't wait!!!

That’s a nightmare ticket. They ever come to power, you can kiss the US goodbye

It never ceases to surprise me how stupid some rich people are.
An absurd suggestion, based upon the person who has been proposed as the coach. But, it never ceases to amaze me how insecure many men are by the thought that a woman might be better at their job than they are. Fraidy cats...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back