PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions Sign Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
DA must have thought he got paroled and a second chance getting out of that swamp mess in Miami.

They really don't. Brady is in the last few years of his football life by his own admission. Rebuilding for life after Brady is going to be bumpy no matter how you do it -- while a young receiver would be useful, it's absolutely reasonable to load up for the best possible journey to the finish line, and Dola has every ability to be part of that if he's willing to come here.
Certainly not getting a young WR in the draft isn't the end of the world but having all of your receivers getting old at once is not good roster management. Anytime you bring old in you also need to bring in youth. Thats how this thing can keep on perpetuating and we don't become the 80s Celtics.

Certainly not getting a young WR in the draft isn't the end of the world but having all of your receivers getting old at once is not good roster management. Anytime you bring old in you also need to bring in youth. Thats how this thing can keep on perpetuating and we don't become the 80s Celtics.
I agree, but in this case I feel like you satisfy that by bringing in veteran wideouts and a hotshot young TE.

I agree. I’m still betting on Dorsett.

Bringing dola back would make things a bit better on depth. Never know when Jules and Gordon wander off into Miami

I can't believe that wasn't a great deal for Miami.

All that means is he's interested in signing with pretty much any team that'll pay him.

If he does become a Patriot again he likely will seek assurances against overzealous fans stalking him in his carport/garage -- @Patjew

Dola coming back would be nice but we still need a speedy young WR who is more than a 1 yr rental !

It seems this is more a one-year league than a multi-year league, except at QB.

He was very clutch for us. Would love to see him back here.

Yep. He’s a role player but his role is invaluable. Make the important play when they really need it. I bet he goes the the Jets, but I’d love to have him back.

All that means is he's interested in signing with pretty much any team that'll pay him.

If he does become a Patriot again he likely will seek assurances against overzealous fans stalking him in his carport/garage -- @Patjew

Don’t think @Patjew was stalking him. Have you seen his girlfriend?

Maybe he got tired of 'Golphin' every weekend in January and February

Maybe he got tired of eye to eye contact.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST