PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Le'Veon Bell released

He was on a team?

Hes cooked at this point. The only way id consider it is if he can pass protect (i have no idea). If so Id rather have him on the roster than jj if so whos only had a negative impact in the little bit weve needed from him this year

Not all teams get it right by not paying players and letting them walk, but the Steelers saw that Bell was a product of the O-line. The media thought his feet shuffling style was so cute, but it only works when your bodyguards up front are resetting the LOS. After he left Pitt, his style didn't work.

Remember Bill's game plan against the Steelers in the 2016 playoffs? Something like he told the front 7 to just wait for Bell as he'd just run into them.

The media will soon alert us: "I'm hearing Bill really wants him"

And when Bell slinks off to some other franchise they'll explain: "Bill no longer has the credibility and juice to attract big name FAs"
"Bill has lost his fastball!"

He used to be so good.
Held out for a season, got fat, went to the Jete, kiss of death to anyone's career.

Ridiculous takes on the media is becoming worse than ridiculous media takes.
We are awash in hot take merchants. The reaction is totally valid.

Game Of Thrones No GIF

Not all teams get it right by not paying players and letting them walk, but the Steelers saw that Bell was a product of the O-line. The media thought his feet shuffling style was so cute, but it only works when your bodyguards up front are resetting the LOS. After he left Pitt, his style didn't work.

Remember Bill's game plan against the Steelers in the 2016 playoffs? Something like he told the front 7 to just wait for Bell as he'd just run into them.

Bell was never elite. I’ve said this for years. He was solid at everything but stood out at nothing other than his cute gimmick and huge volume numbers from so many touches. I posted something years back showing how the Steelers averaged 7 ppg more without him because they threw more. Ben and AB were the big 2. There was no big 3.

Even before he went to the Jets, there was a notable dip in his efficiency and injuries were creeping up. He’s been absolutely washed for about three years now. His last run for over 20 yards was 2017.

morning toast GIF by Soft & Gentle

burnt toast... that reminds me, levon bell was released

dude probably cost himself 50 million dollars + with that hold out...

loved it... threw such the wrench into that sh itbag organization

not sure that is the type of "smart" player we need

It's crazy to me that a 29yo that was such a stud, has fallen so far in the last 2-3 years. Football careers (especially those of RBs) are Fleeting, even for the fleet footed. ummmm .. not sure I did that correctly but who cares.

RB's fall fast in this league. From Stars to after thoughts in a year or 2 it seems
Especially ones who sign a huge contract, then let their bodies go.

It was clear Bell was all about getting PAID.

He was looking for a sucker, da Jete fit the bill, the rest is history.

Meanwhile we manage to keep guys like Kevin Faulk, James White and Brandon Bolden going into their 30s with contracts that don't break the bank.

I'm sorry but sign the beast (if he's healthy and cheap)

He can fill in the James White role catching passes and maybe running some sweeps, I'd like to see that

Bell was never a great back, he was just a patient one. He was the perfect fit for that Steelers line, meaning he just waited for them to open up a huge hole.

Anyway, no thanks. Literally every back on the team is better than he is now.

I always hated that stupid 'He is such a unique runner because he's patient' thing.

Dude just waited for holes big enough for my fat ass to be opened up by Pitt's consistently strong OL and their WRs were so good defenses couldn't cheat up but sure, he's a ****ing genius who thought of something no other runner ever thought of - run through the hole. Oh holy ****, call NFL MENSA.

Maybe not Leave-on Belch, but I wouldn't mind signing at least one vet RB to the PS just in case... We really can't afford any more long-term injuries at that position.

Man but that guy was patient and could follow a block... just sayin..

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back