PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's talk Redskins Preseason Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
There is a preseason game coming up this week. Let's start to talk about it a bit.

First off a few predictions. Brady/Gronk/Edelman won't take any snaps this game. They need to be carefully managed and it isn't like they won't be ready for the preseason. I don't expect much out of the offense in that case but it will give us a chance to look at a few key offensive issues.

First is Wynn. We have no idea what is going on with Cannon right now so this will be a very important game for him. Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith are both able pass rushers. I don't expect to see either for long but I hope we get to see Wynn face them a little. The same is true for Brown but he is more established than Wynn so i'm a bit less interested and i expect him to be pulled fast.

The other thing I'll be watching a lot of is Hollister. I don't know how good the Washington is at defending tight ends but I want a nice long look at it and we will probably see a lot of him.

Besides those things there isn't much that I care to see on offense. Dorsett and Patterson could be fun but really you want to see them with Brady. I highly doubt Britt plays in this one too.

Defense should be a much more interesting story.

I want to see how this front 7 defends Guice. He is my pick to be OROY and with a few new pieces in the front 7 i'm curious how they do. Do Rivers ad Wise hold the edge well against a Moses/Guice combo.

That OL has a lot of talent and I want to know if our pass rush can get by it. I expect all of our starts on the DL except maybe Flowers to play a bit. The Pass rush sounds like it will be a step up over last year but it be nice to start seeing that now.

At LB the question is can Van Noy continue his strong camp into game action and can any other LBs step up at all?

The DBs will be the spot on D worth watching the most with so many interesting young talents looking for a spot. I expect a lot of talk about Jackson, Lewis and Crossen. They have a ton of good young WRs to test them with.

As for the starting spot opposite Gilmore I think we will see an extended look at McCourty and Rowe if both are healthy.

Overall they are a good match up for the Pat when it comes to what we'd like to see in this first game.

New O line guys. Check.
Hollister. Check.
Beyond that, I'm most interested in seeing what the 3rd wave guys do - Etling, Barrios, McCarron, Lucien.

I’m really excited to see Rivers, Langi, Sam, and Bentley. I haven’t been following as much as I normally would because everything is burning down around me, but I haven’t heard too much on any of these guys. I’m not expecting anything, and I’m sure we’re gonna see a lot of vanilla D, but would love it if a few of those guys show something. I’m also really interested in watching Dawson, J-Mac, and Pleasant.

These guys are all still on the team, right?:D

The D/O Lines are the most important.

Washington has a vg DL across the board. Payne, Allen, Ioannidis, Kerrigan, Smith & just added Tim Settle. Thats an unbelievable corp to work w.

IF you live in Fairfield County CT, they are not showing the Patriots preseason game. Instead, the channel it is usually on, is the Giants preseason game. 3 channels will Giants preseason game. :mad::mad:

Game one of the exhibition season is largely meaningless, outside of determining this year's Sudfeld, and trying to avoid injuries to future roster players.

I just want to see no injuries and have us stop the run I dont want to see Guice run thru us like Blount did.
Want to see Rivers on the pass rush and want to see Berrios and Mccarron show out and both make the 53

In baseball, some guys are labeled "AAAA" which means they are very good in the minor leagues and cannot quite cut it in the major leagues. With a few exceptions sprinkled in, we will most likely see the NFL equivalent for pre season game 1.

That depth chart was interesting. Even though it means nothing, I found it interesting that Jason M was listed as starting corner.

want to see Berrios and Mccarron show out and both make the 53

While one of them could potentially impress enough to take punt return duties, I simply don't see both of them making the team. That would shock me, and I liked McCarron last year and opined here before the draft that he would be a good udfa target.

That depth chart was interesting. Even though it means nothing, I found it interesting that Jason M was listed as starting corner.
Yea I think it was preseason/Washington specific to see what/who we have.

Game one of the exhibition season is largely meaningless, outside of determining this year's Sudfeld, and trying to avoid injuries to future roster players.

The greatest value that PS game 1 has for me, is it gives me some real (looking) football for the first time in 6 months. It's the first step towards wiping the taste of Super Bowl 52 out of my mouth. Whatever actually happens in the game is a distant second to me... barring no injuries of course.

No Malcolm...same result? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back