PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Let's Talk Free Agency 2024

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly Brett Kollmann, the first “guaranteed” number reported is never the real fully guaranteed amount

(reports are now saying $43.8M fully guaranteed, third among CBs)

Agreed, as Curran mentioned Bill was given a budget to work with to sign players and a staff budget. He reported some patriots coaches were making less than High school football coaches. He went on to say bill in his own right is very frugal and treated his budget as such.

Curran is the voice of Brady's Dad and the Kraft camp. Maybe BB is very frugal, it would fit his type of personality, but who knows for sure. You seem quite convinced. The truth is that we really do not know. It is one side of the story, and it is always wise to wait for both sides of the story before making a final decision.

Curran is the voice of Brady's Dad and the Kraft camp. Maybe BB is very frugal, it would fit his type of personality, but who knows for sure. You seem quite convinced. The truth is that we really do not know. It is one side of the story, and it is always wise to wait for both sides of the story before making a final decision.
I sure RK is happy that Mr Frugal $20Mill is off his books.

He'll be open all day with those 2 burners on the outside

And run the wrong route into his own player. The Titans let him walk, we should have never signed him. $10M a year and people are upset at H Henry at $10M a year?

And run the wrong route into his own player. The Titans let him walk, we should have never signed him. $10M a year and people are upset at H Henry at $10M a year?
I respectfully disagree Miami saw his fit and moved on him quickly.
He will eat space underneath.

We will see how much the Pats spend in 2024 without BB. The Pats have $100M cap space in 2024 and $200M in 2025. How much do you think RK will allow in the budget? Mayo said they were going to "burn cash" and then retracted his statement saying he misrepresented the situation. Do you think we could "burn cash" with $300M available over the next two years? Or do you think that we will continue to be the lowest cash spending team like the average of the last ten years?

I respectfully disagree Miami saw his fit and moved on him quickly.
He will eat space underneath.

Agreed. While bumping into one of his own players. H Henry was injured turning around as J Smith ran into him.

Why didn't the Titans sign him after having him for 4 years on a rookie contract? I can't believe anyone thinks Jonnu Smith is a $10M asset. Why did the Falcons just let him go? The Titans let him go, the Pats let him go, the Falcons let him go, but he will be great with the Dolphins?

It's not a matter of convincing It's not only reported by curran, kyed & Callahan as well as Karen gugregian.. reported on it as well.

Curran is longest and most respected team reporter since 97.. he's pretty done the middle he has no problem talking about ownership as well.

All I know is Bill had his way and for the better part of 2 decades his way worked. We can talk about budgets, staffers, coaches.. none of this matters without the QB.. we get the QB and look competitive than the spending and all that talk slows down. I swear I hardly ever heard much about spending and cap space at nausem when we were winning like I do now.

My brother.. you mean 25 million a year for the guy who paid his coaches with stipper 1s from foxy lady..

That's $10M for 2 years.

It's not a matter of convincing It's not only reported by curran, kyed & Callahan as well as Karen gugregian.. reported on it as well.

Curran is longest and most respected team reporter since 97.. he's pretty done the middle he has no problem talking about ownership as well.

All I know is Bill had his way and for the better part of 2 decades his way worked. We can talk about budgets, staffers, coaches.. none of this matters without the QB.. we get the QB and look competitive than the spending and all that talk slows down. I swear I hardly ever heard much about spending and cap space at nausem when we were winning like I do now.

So you wrote a lot but completely dodged the simple question?

That's $10M for 2 years.

Not $10M per year? But $5M per year for two years for a 2 year total of $10M? WOW. Not sure he is worth that, but my mistake. I thought it was $10M per year.

If we lose Bourne in FA (or even if we re-sign him)...

KJ Osborn is an intriguing FA WR that I'd be interested in. Similar role, but 2 years younger and faster than Bourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents