PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Let's Talk Free Agency 2024

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fant seems like a good option for where we're at. We lack long term pieces. At age 26, Fant might be a guy you sign and he "breaks out". It's possible that if you signed him to a multi year deal that it would be looked at as an overpayment now but maybe over the next 3-4 years he either lives up to or exceeds it. That's the profile of player I think they should target this offseason.

Fant seems like a good option for where we're at. We lack long term pieces. At age 26, Fant might be a guy you sign and he "breaks out". It's possible that if you signed him to a multi year deal that it would be looked at as an overpayment now but maybe over the next 3-4 years he either lives up to or exceeds it. That's the profile of player I think they should target this offseason.
We said we want more explosion on offense and we hear about interest in Jags.
My free agent list
Gabriel Davis
Deandre Swift
Noah Fant
Tyron Smith
explosion at d end,
Linebacker
D tackle.
That’s the start of my free agency grocery list.

My free agent list
Gabriel Davis
Deandre Swift
Noah Fant
Tyron Smith
explosion at d end,
Linebacker
D tackle.
Hopefully there will be somebody left

The FA market is getting smaller by the minute

My free agent list
Gabriel Davis
Deandre Swift
Noah Fant
Tyron Smith
explosion at d end,
Linebacker
D tackle.
I am not very high on Davis. If he was any good the Bills would have kept him. They desperately need a WR2 and Gabe Davis never grabbed that role.

Madabuike, Jaylon Johnson, Winfield Jr are tagged.

I am not very high on Davis. If he was any good the Bills would have kept him. They desperately need a WR2 and Gabe Davis never grabbed that role.
Misery loves company because we don't have a # one or two Receiver.

I'd be down with signing Noah Fant and Gabe Davis. I'm not trying to pump them up as stars or anything, but they're younger players that have a baseline level of production established. They bring some explosiveness relative to what we have. They fill need areas on the depth chart.

We have a lot of money to spend and a lot of holes to fill. Free agency isn't ripe with elite players and it's tough to always get "value" there. Goal in free agency should be mostly to add respectable talent across the board so we have enough of a support system in place to develop some core pieces through the draft.

A few more tight ends becoming available:
Hayden Hurst
Will Dissly
CJ Uzomah
Hurst’s career should be over. He had severe concussion complications last year.

A few more tight ends becoming available:
Hayden Hurst
Will Dissly
CJ Uzomah
Hurst maybe moves the needle just a little.
Thriller GIF by ALLBLK

Starting to envision the Offensive Off-season plan -
Free Agency:
1) Tyron Smith
2) #2/#3 WR
3) Re-sign Henry
4) RB to split wit Rham
5) Pharoah Brown

Draft:
1) Daniels/Maye
2) WR
3) An OT to play RT then move over when Smith retires

Sunday Mass:
- Pray to God Parker or Smith-Schuster step the **** up

Jerome Baker cut by Dolphins.

He's always looked good against us

We have holes and all there are are average players available on offense (with a few exceptions at TE and RB). I think it's a short-term solution until this year's rookie class and probably next year's come up to speed. The good players are available on the defensive side.
Agreed 100%.. is while I will keeping beating this drum.. the way things are shaping up.. Ridley and brown will become available. We can be able to obtain both.. I'd say Ridley on a 2 yr deal and brown on a 3 as he's younger.. both players can help this offense immensely on the outside.. so if we can't retain HH, Pharoah brown has a bigger role and we draft a TE, on defense I'm all in on whoever we can add.. it will only help. Wolf said he wants to attack more on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes