PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Let's Talk Free Agency 2024

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair assessment Cousin.
Great Sunday breakfast of scrambled eggs with provolone cheese and pieces of bacon, buttered English muffins with wild blueberry jelly, hot dark chocolate cocoa and to top that off for desert (yes breakfast desert) a piece of buttered banana raisin bread.

First of all Yes to signing a Defensive stud. like Wilkins, (born in Mass.) Burns or Allen. We have $100mm to spend and we have save extra $ with baloney sandwiches and chips for luncheons.

Might I call your attention to a few other pieces I might add that will not break the bank?

Van Ginkle from Miami EDGE /LB. We tried to sign him last year and he was pain in our ass for both games. Definitely ascending.

Clutch WR Josh Reynolds form the Lions made many chutch catches. He had 40 and 5 TDs. He was like $2.7mm. He's only 29 versus Ridley who will be 30. I would take Ridley but feel the Jags will resign hum.

FA WR are slim and none. The trade route might be more viable.Still like my very reasonable trade scenario of swapping picks with Denver for Russell Wilson, Garrett Boles OT and Jerry Juedy if they pay Russ' salary (they have to anyway) Boles stilt plays at a high level LT but last year of his contract. "He started in all 17 games, allowing only three sacks and 32 pressures, according to Pro Football Focus. He even had a stretch where he didn’t allow a sack in eight games and ended the year with a pass-block efficiency rating of 97.1.If the Broncos decided to cut or trade Bolles, they would save $16 million while digesting $4 million in dead money.."

Juedy is also in him fifth year. His contract is $12.87 BUT he's only 24 and had almost a thousand yard 2022.

We have 2024 to asses them both.

The Broncos and $24mm over the CAP.

OK You get a starting decent LT, a young underperforming 24 year old WR and a former SB QB who is only 35 who won twice as many games as we did last year with about an equivalent Team. The "HARD PASS" crew wil freak out but that move alone will make us more competitive. Now Draft your #1 WR perhaps Nabors or an OT if you dont't resign Onwenu. If you must take a QB MCarthy at #12?

Resign Henry either resign Zeke (works for me) or Draft a RB and TE. I think the sleeper TE is Holker who runs and moves like Russ Francis (watch the tape). He had a three cone of less than and make circus catches7

Now Draft a Penix or Rattler who improved their Draft stock yesterday in day two.

If you take a QB at pick #3 you are pushing in your chips for the nest three years anyway. I don't like those odds.
DW Toys
I agree with VG reading he’s Philly bound.
I like Reynolds but as a 3 or 4.
I like the idea of Bolles.

As far as a QB at 3 only if I’m sure they are a franchise guy.
I’m warming up to Mayfied or Fields as well.

FA WR are slim and none. The trade route might be more viable.Still like my very reasonable trade scenario of swapping picks with Denver for Russell Wilson, Garrett Boles OT and Jerry Juedy if they pay Russ' salary (they have to anyway) Boles stilt plays at a high level LT but last year of his contract. "He started in all 17 games, allowing only three sacks and 32 pressures, according to Pro Football Focus. He even had a stretch where he didn’t allow a sack in eight games and ended the year with a pass-block efficiency rating of 97.1.If the Broncos decided to cut or trade Bolles, they would save $16 million while digesting $4 million in dead money.."

Juedy is also in him fifth year. His contract is $12.87 BUT he's only 24 and had almost a thousand yard 2022.

We have 2024 to asses them both.

The Broncos and $24mm over the CAP.

OK You get a starting decent LT, a young underperforming 24 year old WR and a former SB QB who is only 35 who won twice as many games as we did last year with about an equivalent Team. The "HARD PASS" crew wil freak out but that move alone will make us more competitive. Now Draft your #1 WR perhaps Nabors or an OT if you dont't resign Onwenu. If you must take a QB MCarthy at #12?
This value is horrifically bad. Based on the Trey Lance trade from 12 up to 3, you’re basically saying Wilson+Bolles+Jeudy are worth two futures firsts.

white
barmore
wilkins
judon

They would arguably be the best DL in the NFL & elevate the defense to top 5. Also, this is why I'm not ruling out the pats being competitive next year. Players like wilkins, ridley, etc. would help a lot towards improving the talent on the team.

A 20th ranked offense & top 5 defense is within reach with some high level FA signings & a good draft.
I’ve echoed this. They won’t be title contenders, but there’s no reason to believe contending for the playoffs is out of the question.

I’ve echoed this. They won’t be title contenders, but there’s no reason to believe contending for the playoffs is out of the question.
It will be difficult for the patriots to have a 20th rated Offense in 2024.

Man I’m so excited for free agency

Russel Wilson is being released.
Free agent QBs
Cousins
Mayfield
Wilson
Brissett
Flacco

Potential trade targets
Justin Fields
Zach Wilson
Jacob Browning

Anyone we are missing.

Zach Wilson is still in the NFL? :oops:

Sign Smith, draft Patrick Paul. This is the way
I prefer a first round draftee in the mid-20's of the first round. As has been said, there is a majot drop-off after the top 7 or 8, all of which may drafted in the first round. I would note that most are RT's. And yes, this would require using our 2nd and 3rd to trade into the 20's.

We already knew this

I prefer a first round draftee in the mid-20's of the first round. As has been said, there is a majot drop-off after the top 7 or 8, all of which may drafted in the first round. I would note that most are RT's. And yes, this would require using our 2nd and 3rd to trade into the 20's.
Not opposed to it, if other needs can be addressed in FA. (WR)

Waste of time to just contend for the playoffs, all it does is put you in a place were it is hard to improve the team. No quick fixes

Waste of time to just contend for the playoffs, all it does is put you in a place were it is hard to improve the team. No quick fixes
Not if you’re competent at drafting. We won’t go far regardless if we don’t drastically improve there.

It will be difficult for the patriots to have a 20th rated Offense in 2024.
AVP, had 5 different QBs last season Cleveland ended up 12th offensively.. had we had a 12th ranked anything offensively last season we are a playoff team.

$1.2M? Plus the $14M bonus?..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes