PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Mock Draft Together by Board Consensus

Stay put.

Is is wrong if I don't want the Patriots taking a totally rich kid who won't necessarily connect with his teammates? I've read Wilson has displayed a sense of entitlement. I just don't want anyone with Jay Cuter's ability and Jay Cutler's demeanor.

Trade up for zaven collins if they don't ask for too much
See, that for me would depend on whether Hightower calls it a career or not. If he plans to return, we have some good flexibility in that are. HT, Judon, Uche, Wino (depending on formation), Bentley, etc. If HT retires, and I’d hope he’d inform the team of this before the draft, then I’d be okay with trading up again for Collins. I think I’ve had him in half of my mocks. If not? Nope. Stay put.

Is is wrong if I don't want the Patriots taking a totally rich kid who won't necessarily connect with his teammates? I've read Wilson has displayed a sense of entitlement. I just don't want anyone with Jay Cuter's ability and Jay Cutler's demeanor.
1616505693097.gif

That was an anonymous report that his teammates came out against.

See, that for me would depend on whether Hightower calls it a career or not. If he plans to return, we have some good flexibility in that are. HT, Judon, Uche, Wino (depending on formation), Bentley, etc. If HT retires, and I’d hope he’d inform the team of this before the draft, then I’d be okay with trading up again for Collins. I think I’ve had him in half of my mocks. If not? Nope. Stay put.
I see your Point and it's true we are stacked there currently with also Uche Jennings Hall like second year players who still need time to develop and others, but i think Collins is legit HT replacement and even if HT keeps playing i hope we extend him but we can use their replacement to learn from HT and KVN. Both aren't getting younger and Collins has day 1 starting potential to me. Really good value in the second given his skills. But i am ok with stay there as well..

Looking at BaconGrundleCandy's tier sheet, S Travon Moehrig is the last of the top tier of players as he often is when I mock draft.

I'm voting to let the 2nd round run and see where we are, particularly at the receiver position. This is the top of the WR page.

Capture.PNG
Philosophically, the question is are we looking to trade up generally as our roster has been fortified with all the signings to target specific areas of need? If so, how much?

Read this article first.

Kid seems grounded, big work ethic, very family oriented. I'd have zero character concerns if this kid played for the Patriots. Unfortunately the most likely RL scenario is he gets drafted by the armpit organization known as the Jets. I feel sorry for him.

Looking at BaconGrundleCandy's tier sheet, S Travon Moehrig is the last of the top tier of players as he often is when I mock draft.

I'm voting to let the 2nd round run and see where we are, particularly at the receiver position. This is the top of the WR page.

View attachment 31520
Philosophically, the question is are we looking to trade up generally as our roster has been fortified with all the signings to target specific areas of need? If so, how much?
Terrance Marshall Jr. is the best WR left by a wide margin. He projects to a potential #1 if everything works out, at worst a big fast #2 WR. It depends on what you'd have to give up to move up though. If you only give up a future 3rd to move up I think it's worth it. However if it costs much more than that, I'd probably just wait to see if we can pick up an Amari Rodgers in the 3rd as a slot WR with speed who can also contribute in special teams.

Last edited:
I let the 2nd round run. Here's the top of the draft board.

Capture.PNG
Our next pick is at #94. Trade up to nab someone or wait 'til '94?

I let the 2nd round run. Here's the top of the draft board.

View attachment 31574
Our next pick is at #94. Trade up to nab someone or wait 'til '94?
Is trading down an option? There’s several tempting choices and picking up more capital, preferably in next year, sounds good to me.

Is trading down an option? There’s several tempting choices and picking up more capital, preferably in next year, sounds good to me.
Yes typically when we get to our pick we may get a few teams inquiring about a trade down.

OK, let the sim run to our next pick #96. We have two trade offers.'=
Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

And this is the top of the board.
Capture3.PNG
Any thoughts? Position groups you'd like to see?

Meinerz is gone.

I would go with WR brown here.

Here's the top of the available WRs. Also Shi Smith.
Capture.PNG

I'm inclined to go with best available WR unless Onwuzurike is so good we can't pass him up. I'm not a draftnik, so I don't know if he's a scheme fit. After the FA blitz and drafting a QB1 we don't have a need and can go BPA in general.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back