Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SammyBlueCat, Jan 20, 2020.
So should I show up in a Ray Lewis, Aaron Hernandez or
get really exotic and go with a Rae Carruth?
More on point to show up as AB in a Pats uni?
Come as you are, Adam. We'll be thrilled to see you -- better late than never!
Why not a meetup at the 2020 NFL Draft in Vegas. Roadtrip!
Can we do a roast?
Why stop now?
What else is on the menu?
An outdoor summer party. With a pool or pond. The pond would be good for us...
What are you thinking? Prime rib? Pork loin?
Why not fulfill that greatest of Pats fans' fantasies... by showing up in a "SEWARD" Patriots jersey?
I was just about to post the same thing. Have it here during the Draft. This place will be rocking !
I’m thinking of insulting people... and possibly their entire families. But prime rib would be excellent as well.
I’ll bring tacos
Well, you’d sort of have to wouldn’t you.
I think this would truly be an excellent idea, something that should be an annual event that could be moved all over the country year to year.
First Ian would have have do most of the work, since he is the guy will all the info and the guy with the most league/media contacts. (he could recruit some of us for the grunt work).
...and since I'm now in brainstorm mode, he could also do some or all ofthe following
1. Get some of his advertisers to pony up the money for the food, drinks, and location.
2. Get Reiss, Carron, Bedard, and Howe to do a "symposium" where they could discuss the upcoming year and take questions from the audience. (also maybe some ex-Pats who are in the area like Zolak, Ted Johnson, Cassell, Troy, etc (And for the older among us, Grogan)
3. We could make it even bigger by inviting the entire fan base and have it be "the Pats fanathon, sponsored by Patsfans.com and Pepsi (or whatever).
4. Sammy could give the opening address, explain how his fight was the spark for this event and there could be a Jimmy Fund Booth
5. When Ian talks to his media contacts, perhaps get them to help. I bet if he told NBCBoston that NECN was thinking about helping him, they'd jump at it just to get the exclusive. It's really cheap content for them. I think NECN televises some of its off season Red Sox stuff already. They might jump at it just to keep NBCBoston off it.
Just some thoughts, wild or otherwise. I'm sure others could add to this list.
No idea how realistic any of this is but it sounds awesome. If we managed to pull off something on that scale it wouldn't be ridiculous to think a player or 2 shows up.
The more I think on it, it would be a perfect fit for the Pats themselves to be a sponsor. They'd love a "fanathon" or they should. Since there is definitely a friendly Red Sox/Pats competition, you could play into all the fanathon things the Sox do, and get the Pats to have a chance to outshine them (sponsored by Patsfans.com of course). They could have it at Gillette with the HOF or Putman financial Suite being possible locations.
Lots of permutations if you want to think big
I swear to God if I go to a PatsFans Meetup and I see a talking cat I'm ****ing out
dyam...I better get on "Awaken 180" fast....when is this supposed to happen?
Sammy's last name is Johnson:
Separate names with a comma.