PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's face it, our Pats are mediocre without Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It's a shame, but it's true. I just knew we had no shot last night, even before the game began. A lot of people are complaining about the defense, but probably at least 50% of the defense's problem, is all of the three and outs the offense has. No defense can handle that, hell, look at the Ravens, most people claim they have one of the best D's in football, and they got torched for 31 points (due to no offense).

I love the Pats, and will root with all of my heart forever, but this season looks to be a wash. I don't blame anyone, it's just a fact of sports, players will get injured, but unfortunately, our heart and soul went down. A lot of the teams weaknesses were hidden by Brady's greatness, and now that we don't have him, even a Hall of Fame Coach can't cover them up. I said it when Brady went down, I'd be surprised if we win 8 games, and sadly, I think I'm gonna be right.

On a positive note, It'll be exciting to see some of our 2008 draft choices gain experience. I love the Mayo pick, he looks like the real deal, and I'm interested in seeing Wheatley and Willhite play some more, and would love to see Crable get some playing time to add some speed to the pass rush. And of course, I really think it's only a matter of time until we see Kevin O'Connell. The 2008 draft could go a long way in resurrecting the Pats to greatness again. A great 2009 draft (O-Line, D-Line & DB the focus I hope), and the recovery of Brady, could lead to the Pats being SB contenders once again, but I think we are most likely goingto see 8-8 this year.

This opinion comes from the brain, not the heart, the heart hopes for 12-4 and a playoff slot, but I really don't think we are competitive enough to reach the playoffs.

every day i feel like coming back to this forum when people who don't understand football but want to talk about it anyway stop coming here because they can't handle rooting for a losing team

12-4 and Belichick is more of a genius than we give him credit for... But 8-8 is a realistic.. This season should put any doubt why Tom Brady is the greatest Qb in the last 10 yrs.. Farve cant hold a candle to him.... Im still hoping for 10-6. But Cassel has to step up for that to happen.. The team does miss Tom Brady ...

12-4 and Belichick is more of a genius than we give him credit for... But 8-8 is a realistic.. This season should put any doubt why Tom Brady is the greatest Qb in the last 10 yrs.. Farve cant hold a candle to him.... Im still hoping for 10-6. But Cassel has to step up for that to happen.. The team does miss Tom Brady ...

Yes this team misses Brady. It was very obvious last night. But as a team, they will move on from this loss and do the best they can for the rest of the season.

So we as fans should support them and keep our heads high.

Yes this team misses Brady. It was very obvious last night. But as a team, they will move on from this loss and do the best they can for the rest of the season.

So we as fans should support them and keep our heads high.

support is there, the season will be what it will be.. Expectations were lowered a few notches for me 6 weeks ago.. Im hoping 10-6 and a divison title..

Who says I can't handle rooting for a losing team ? I rooted for the Pats when they won 1 game and then we drafted Ken Sims and Drew Bledsoe. I've been rooting for the Pats since 1975, I'm just not blind like some of the fans who wear rose-colored glasses. All is not well in Pats-land, but that doesn't mean I don't love the Pats. I'm just stating the obvious, the Pats just aren't good without Brady, and though that hurts, it's the truth. I look forward to every game for the rest of the season.

seriously though, thanks for the insightful commentary, john madden

Who says I can't handle rooting for a losing team ? I rooted for the Pats when they won 1 game and then we drafted Ken Sims and Drew Bledsoe. I've been rooting for the Pats since 1975, I'm just not blind like some of the fans who wear rose-colored glasses. All is not well in Pats-land, but that doesn't mean I don't love the Pats. I'm just stating the obvious, the Pats just aren't good without Brady, and though that hurts, it's the truth. I look forward to every game for the rest of the season.

Well that's good to hear that your looking forward to the rest of the season.

Yes, the team has changed since loosing our HOF QB. Any team would, especially with our success over the last 7 years.

So lets just hope for the best from our team over the next 11 weeks and keep everyone as healthy as possible.

Do you realize that the Pats ran more plays from scrimmage than the Chargers did last night, and held the ball for four more minutes? The defense had a bad game because they did not execute - not because of the offense. Allowing over 400 yards of offense and over 7 yards per play was the fault of the defense, not the offense. The three San Diego touchdown drives each lasted just four plays; that's not long enough to become tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes