PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lawrence Guy signed - DL/DE checked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But according to various pundits, Tom Brady is the only quarterback who struggles with pressure up the middle, or when the defense can generate a great pass rush with three linemen and eight in coverage...as if all QBs don't dip in production. In fact, Brady has the best record of any quarterback when he is sacked 5+ times, and we have seen him overcome some huge beat downs and abnormally high number of hits to win big stakes games.
Oh, you mean like the one the entire world watched just 34 days ago????!?:D

Depends on what you mean by "adjust". He went from full time OLB (1052 snaps) to rotational DE with his hand in the dirt (709 snaps - still more than any Pats DE in 2016). Even though his snap count declined by 30%, his year-to-year production per snap didn't.

Barwin's closest comp on the Pats, role-wise and size-wise would be McClellin. I'd wager that Barwin would be a noticeable upgrade to McClellin at probably half the price.

I have always loved Barwin, so I'm a little biased, but I agree.

He's versatile, which is a plus in BBs system. However, he's not that good overall... if Branch got 6, the fair amout would be somewhere around 3.5 or so.

In any case, he's probably gonna be just a rotation guy and he is a good weapon against the run.

Weakest addition this offseason, which is saying something, cause this was an ok deal

Oh, you mean like the one the entire world watched just 34 days ago????!?:D

That would be a good one to cite, but rest assured the pundits will continue to spew alternative facts.

Lawrence Guy is a Ty Warren type player. Not saying he will "be Ty Warren," but that is the role he'll be playing here in ol' Foxboro. Body type, scheme fit, power, & versatile.

Ty Warren, but maybe shading a bit more toward Mike Wright in terms of role (6040/300 rotational DE/DT rusher) rather than full time DE starter.

He's versatile, which is a plus in BBs system. However, he's not that good overall... if Branch got 6, the fair amout would be somewhere around 3.5 or so.

In any case, he's probably gonna be just a rotation guy and he is a good weapon against the run.

Weakest addition this offseason, which is saying something, cause this was an ok deal

I don't know if it's weak or not, but Guy will be covering a role that wasn't well covered in 2016 and doesn't seem like it would have been covered out of this year's draft.

Not so fast, PWP. The guy who you want to say good bye to with this signing is Odrick. The Pats had a need for 3-4 DE type would can be used inside pass rush downs, but big enough to play a 3-4 DE when that alignment is advantageous to Patricia. We didn't have 2 guys like that on the roster (MBrown is the other) before today.

Don't know anyting about him, except BB liked him better than Odrick, and I liked the Miami Odrick. Seems like a lot of money, but lets see what the ACTUAL contract is. I bet its loaded with incentives.

Didn't say goodbye because he's not on the team. Maybe too wacky for BB.

After years of observation, I've come to understand Belichick makes signings and pays for guys like this based on what he believes they can and will provide. I'll defer to his judgement.

[...]
BTW- I was just over at Miguel's page and found it interesting that Gilmore will only cost $8+MM against the cap this year, and we have $39MM left after all the activity we've had.
I wish there was a way you could trade cap space for draft picks.
[...]
it's not hard. Even Cleveland can do it. but why do that if you can sign established players the way BB is?

So with branch, brown, Valentine and guy, we now are set at defensive tackle.

Th defensive backfield is also set as configured, including butler.

Now we need Hightower, a pass rushing de and a coverage linebacker.

Very achievable to do list for bb.

Nowadays, everything has to do w Jimmy. Jimmy is Michael Jackson circa 1984.

My wife and I saw Michael Jackson at that time at Hartford Civic Center. He was incredible.

Wow, I thought we were taking a break so I took a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes