PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Late games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, as soon as I saw the first replay the first thing I thought was 'that's a tuck.' Sad that neither commentator even considered it - the only options they considered were TD or safety.

On the subject of the Tuck Rule, it never ceases to amaze me the ignorance of the rule and the Snow Game. I was watching the Tampa Bay game earlier today when Gruden challenged a call, and the announcers brought up that game. One of them mentioned that Gruden is still upset about that call and the other scoffed, 'rightfully so' with a tone in his voice as if the subject about whether or not that was the correct call was not even open to debate.

TO is going to complain that the pass should have gone to him instead of Crayton.

Mike Nolan trying to look like a coach by chewing out Tully B-C for an offside infraction, then makes a challenge he's going to lose, while not challenging an earlier Philly catch that was an obvious no catch. Nolan is soooo fired very soon.

i really get am amazed that so many articles and segements are devoted to how BB looks on the sideline whereas nolan spends time trying to get permission from the league to wear suits and sucks as a coach. talk about priorities .

On the subject of the Tuck Rule, it never ceases to amaze me the ignorance of the rule and the Snow Game. I was watching the Tampa Bay game earlier today when Gruden challenged a call, and the announcers brought up that game. One of them mentioned that Gruden is still upset about that call and the other scoffed, 'rightfully so' with a tone in his voice as if the subject about whether or not that was the correct call was not even open to debate.

He's still upset about it because it's an absolutely ******ed rule. It makes no sense by anyone's logic. Yes, it was the right call as the rule was written, and as a Patriots fan I owe that rule more than a debt of gratitude, but the rule is just really stupid. They should've changed it.

He's still upset about it because it's an absolutely ******ed rule. It makes no sense by anyone's logic. Yes, it was the right call as the rule was written, and as a Patriots fan I owe that rule more than a debt of gratitude, but the rule is just really stupid. They should've changed it.

well ,for some reason it hasnt changed in 8 yrs and no one in the pats is on the competition commitee so...

lucky 9ers...blocked kick return for TD

As someone else pointed out here, while the outcomes of the rule often seem to make little sense, the rule itself actually does exactly what you want a rule to do: provide an objective standard. This way, refs don't have to worry about trying to divine intent.

Remember--after the Pats won the first SB, the Competition Committee examined that rule, and did not change it at all.

No they should not. They carefully considered the rule that next session.
The rule wisely prevents refs from subjectively assesing the QBs intent which would open up all such 'decisions' to possible favoritism.
It dictates an outcome free of interpretation.
It applies to any and all QBs in that situation, so it is fair as well.

I could have sworn I just heard the broadcast team in the Dallas/AZ game say that DR-C has been struggling in the Az backfield and I thought that just couldn't be because he was supposed to be THE plum pick of the litter we passed up this past draft according to some posters who know all about assessing college talent that will transition seemlessly...

Ohh.. Rodgers-Cromartie.. aka God Jr.

Out in Denver, the Broncos D doesn't look all that great. Jags lead 24-10.

Last edited:
Ohh.. Rodgers-Cromartie.. aka God Jr.

Out in Denver, the Broncos D doesn't look all that great. Jags lead 24-10.

You know why some of us here call them the Donkeys, don't you? :D

If they over turn that Cardinal TD it just further proves what a joke SB XL was. Since he was more in than "Big Ben" ever was.

Last edited:
If they over turn that Cardinal TD it just further proves what a joke SB XL was. Since he was more in than "Big Ben" ever was.

And there you go. He came down on his right foot and then stepped by the line (inside the endzone). You saw dirt kick up from his right foot not chalk.

Last edited:
Payback's a ***** TD ARZ.

Well doesn't matter anyway.. but is the officiating more dreadful now than ever? Feels like I keep saying that every year.

Well doesn't matter anyway.. but is the officiating more dreadful now than ever? Feels like I keep saying that every year.

Yeah me too. But, how is it that when Ben came down (supposedly) on the line they ruled it a TD. Everyone saying he didn't have to cross the line since the endzone includes all of the white line. Yet someone steps about 1/6th of the way on the white line and 5/6ths in the endzone and they turn over the cal on the field and say he was out of bounds?

And Romo screws up another snap . . . and takes them out of Folk's range. Teh awesome. :p

I could have sworn I just heard the broadcast team in the Dallas/AZ game say that DR-C has been struggling in the Az backfield and I thought that just couldn't be because he was supposed to be THE plum pick of the litter we passed up this past draft according to some posters who know all about assessing college talent that will transition seemlessly...

:rofl:

I've been wondering where he was all game, never heard a word until he sucked a phatty on the TD ;)

Denver's O started out well. 10 play 80 yard TD drive.

After?

Fumble, INT, Fumble, Downs, Punt, FG, Punt

I hope that Denver O shows up along with their D when the Pats play them.

Unfortunately the Jags abandoned the run game on the next possession and only took less than minute on the clock. *shrug* Don't know why Del Rio did that.

Last edited:
Wow Fitzgerald (AZ) just made one hell of an impressive catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST