PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL QB Rankings (looking toward 2023)

Jackson won NFL MVP in 2019. Your take didn't even age one year before it went belly up.

Jackson is also better than Vick at everything.
Read again what I wrote.

He would look good in the regular season, and fold in the playoffs against playoff defenses like a cheap futon. Or exactly what's happened.

Vick played back when defenses could hit QB's, when DB's could press and play physical. Apples/oranges

Every year at this time the LJ truthers come out to tell us how BB screwed up by not drafting him... and every year I say "show me in the playoffs."

And every year in the playoffs you guys slink away and pretend these conversations never took place.... every... single... year.

Last edited:
Jackson is 1-4 in the playoffs, his one victory came in 2020 in the first round against the Titans.

The Titans defensive ranks in 2020:

Passing Yards Allowed: 29th
Passing TD's Allowed: 31st
Total Defensive Points Allowed: 27th

So he had to meet the absolute worst defense in the 2020 postseason, especially against the pass, to finally get past the first round.

The subsequent week against a much better Bill's D, the Raven's offense scored 3 points. Jackson threw a pick and went 7-17 on third down, they held him to 34 yards rushing and sacked him 3 times.

I compared him to Mike Vick, about the most complimentary thing I could have said about him.

Obviously the original poster and other LJ truthers think fantasy football is the same as real football. If they played FF they'd know the fantasy season ends before the real world postseason begins.

But undoubtedly this is his year... to that I again say "show me in the playoffs."

My main concern with LJ is his performance in the playoffs. Brutal.

Every black host on every weekend show on CBS Sports radio is going beserkaloid over Jackson. All of them actually ripped and tore away at Josh Allen and cite the loss to KC in last years AFCCG as PROOF that Jackson is far far far better than Allen. They ALL scoff at the Bills being favored on the road and they all KNOW Lamar is going to kill the Bills and Allen will choke because he's a fraud. Of course these black personalities are 100% RACIST COWARDS who won't actually put their money where their big racist mouths are and they are , for the most part, the same black media personalities that have spewed vicious hatred and bigotry towards Tom Btady the past 20 years.

It's put up or shut time for Baltifraud and their "world's greatest ever!!!" QB.

You and @RobertWeathers couldn't describe that offense if your lives depended on it lol. Let's be honest neither of you know what you're talking about. I truly doubt either of you know any real detail about the Patriots offense nevermind another team neither of you watch regularly.

You both are nice guys but pretty casual when it comes to this stuff. All you have to do is look at @RobertWeathers post naming a bunch of QB's that are supposedly better passers than Lamar. You guys are old school and that's fine but really can't handle proper debate. Like you guys make terrible arguments that are solely based on your opinion which is made up by false narratives and beliefs.
This will be my last word on this lame discussion over a running back playing QB, one who hasn't won squat in the NYFL, just like every other running QB who's either injured or going to be. The next SB won by a running QB will be the first.

Your problem is you think your so much smarter than everyone else, and because you're a draftnick that throws out every player's name at every position, you think you're hitting the mark. Great job genius. The fact that even Bill can't hit on his picks but you think you can is actually pretty comical if you think about it.

Btw, these are the QBs that have gone to the SB in the NFL in the last 20 years Mr Football Expert. I don't know or care what they did in college, but they helped their teams get to the biggest game in all of football. The winners are on the left;

21 Stafford-Burrow
20 Brady-Goff
19 Mahomes-Garropolo
18 Brady-Goff
17 Foles-Brady
16 Brady-Ryan
15 PEDton-Newton
14 Brady-Wilson
13 Wilson-PEDton
12 Flacco-Kapernick
11 Eli-Brady
10 Rodgers-Rapist
09 Brees-PEDton
08 Rapist-Warner
07 Eli-Brady
06 PEDton-Grossman
05 Rapist-Hasslebeck
04 Brady-McNaab
03 Brady-Delhomme
02 Johnson-Gruden

There you go. That's the last 20 SBs and the 40 QBs who played in them. And conservatively, 34 of those QB's, count 'em, 34, are absolute statues. Of the very few QBs that run, 2 won a SB ring but didn't do it with their legs.

I only used 20 years but it actually gets worse if we go further back. I didn't want to embarrass you, you know, if it's possible for you to get embarrassed.

You can have the last word.

Are you a Ravens fan? No offense if you are, but I want nothing but bad things to happen to the Ravens.

Jackson won NFL MVP in 2019. Your take didn't even age one year before it went belly up.

Jackson is also better than Vick at everything.
MVP votes are meaningless.

It's funny, but back in the days that I watched college ball I was sure that Vick would be a star in the NYFL and Matt Ryan would be a bust. I was wrong.

Every black host on every weekend show on CBS Sports radio is going beserkaloid over Jackson. All of them actually ripped and tore away at Josh Allen and cite the loss to KC in last years AFCCG as PROOF that Jackson is far far far better than Allen. They ALL scoff at the Bills being favored on the road and they all KNOW Lamar is going to kill the Bills and Allen will choke because he's a fraud. Of course these black personalities are 100% RACIST COWARDS who won't actually put their money where their big racist mouths are and they are , for the most part, the same black media personalities that have spewed vicious hatred and bigotry towards Tom Btady the past 20 years.

It's put up or shut time for Baltifraud and their "world's greatest ever!!!" QB.
The racism you speak about isn't limited to football either.

Pretty condescending. Not sure where you get the balls to think your opinion is better than mine.

Now because we've debated, you call me out saying I can't recognize plays and offenses to other posters? Who in the actual **** do you think you are? That's chicken **** elitist crap and douchy.
I'm not saying your opinion is wrong bc mine is better. I gave you career stats to show you how wrong you were and you still talk about opinions. That's one reasin why stats are there. Sometimes opinion lacks context. Yours did. You'd rather die on a hill than do 10 minutes of research at pro football reference.
Sorry to say but you are not a football expert. You post on PatsFans because you have a regular job like the rest of us. Unless you have proof you work for an NFL team and break down film 80hrs a week you can kindly **** off. Maybe DKF was right about you.
I definitely don't think I'm an expert but it's almost 2023. "Breaking down film" is practically taught everywhere you look from former players and coaches. From Twitter to YT to different outlets that focus on that stuff. I've posted numerous clips here doing something similar to a lesser extent but understanding blocking schemes, route concepts, different techniques or moves isn't exactly a foreign language in 2022. I'm definitely not an expert but you've shown or detailed nothing to show you have any clue to what the Ravens offense is. Combined with how wrong you above its not a stretch to say you might not know what you're talking about.

Sorry if that upsets you man. It's not that serious dude.

He hadn't been that good but pinning it solely on him isn't quite fair either. How was Matt Stafford in the playoffs before joining a competent team and coach? Marino was hit or miss in the playoffs. They're a different animal and real teams get exploited. If you've watched Jackson play like **** you've also seen his team implode around him. From coaching to teammates.

I get the argument but a little context is needed.

Read again what I wrote.

He would look good in the regular season, and fold in the playoffs against playoff defenses like a cheap futon. Or exactly what's happened.

Vick played back when defenses could hit QB's, when DB's could press and play physical. Apples/oranges

Every year at this time the LJ truthers come out to tell us how BB screwed up by not drafting him... and every year I say "show me in the playoffs."

And every year in the playoffs you guys slink away and pretend these conversations never took place.... every... single... year
************. Relax. Jackson is age 25. This is only his 4th season as a starting quarterback in the NFL. He got knocked out of the season last year and his team went 0-5 without him. He's had 3 shots at the postseason and the first was his rookie season when he didn't start a game until week 10. He'll have to be Superman to get his team through the AFC postseason this year with some of the other teams/quarterbacks he'll have to contend with.

Not every quarterback is Tom Brady... historically clutch... the best ever... turned two franchises into instantaneous winners in his first seasons. Mahomes has endless talent and he's won one Super Bowl, lost another, and didn't play particularly well in either... he turned into Drew Bledsoe in the second half of last season's AFCCG. Josh Allen is 3-3 in the postseason... hasn't been to a Super Bowl yet... he's only age 26. Let's give these young quarterbacks a little more time before we're writing their career bios.

************. Relax. Jackson is age 25. This is only his 4th season as a starting quarterback in the NFL. He got knocked out of the season last year and his team went 0-5 without him. He's had 3 shots at the postseason and the first was his rookie season when he didn't start a game until week 10. He'll have to be Superman to get his team through the AFC postseason this year with some of the other teams/quarterbacks he'll have to contend with.

Not every quarterback is Tom Brady... historically clutch... the best ever... turned two franchises into instantaneous winners in his first seasons. Mahomes has endless talent and he's won one Super Bowl, lost another, and didn't play particularly well in either... he turned into Drew Bledsoe in the second half of last season's AFCCG. Josh Allen is 3-3 in the postseason... hasn't been to a Super Bowl yet... he's only age 26. Let's give these young quarterbacks a little more time before we're writing their career bios.
He'll never come close to Tom's accuracy... not even close. It has nothing to do with clutch. The guy completed 57% of his passes in college... are you joking?

I'm relaxed as can be. It's funny how patient you are for the Ravens, but you're hyper critical and anxious to get Bill fired because he hasn't lived up to your expectations since this rebuild began.... and Mac, he already sucks in your estimation... ranked 30th or something after one season.

Lamar has played on some of the best teams in the AFC since his rookie year, top defenses, top everything... he has been their fatal flaw in the playoffs... him. He has played like dog meat because playoff defenses can hem him in and force him to play a pro game.

Show me in the playoffs... make sure you come back here in January to take your medicine.

He hadn't been that good but pinning it solely on him isn't quite fair either. How was Matt Stafford in the playoffs before joining a competent team and coach? Marino was hit or miss in the playoffs. They're a different animal and real teams get exploited. If you've watched Jackson play like **** you've also seen his team implode around him. From coaching to teammates.

I get the argument but a little context is needed.
His team didn't implode in the playoffs... Jackson imploded.

He's a great runner. Here's what I said about Lamar Jackson in 2018 before he was drafted and people were saying the Pats should take him with one of their two first round draft picks:

"I think he could "appear" really good, he could look like young Michael Vick... and just like Vick he will be fool's gold.
He will win some regular season games but unless he has the perfect situation around him won't sniff the Super Bowl.
Vick has a career 56% completion rate, his career win/loss record is 61-51, he averaged over 2.5 INT's per game... people think he was good because he was good on Tecmo Bowl or Nintendo, in the real world he appeared in 5 playoff games over 13 seasons.
You have to be able to pass accurately to beat NFL caliber playoff defenses... passing is important." - Wozzy, Apr 23, 2018

I've been spot on correct about who Lamar Jackson is.

He's Michael Vick with less baggage.
Lol, of course you would think you're spot on your lame take. The truth is you're dead wrong, which is par for the course with you (i.e, Harry, Asiasi, etc.).

Vick didn't throw 2.5 INT/gm. Lmao. Try 0.6 per game. Mac has 0.95 per game.

Here are the comparisons between Lamar & Vick. Lamar has played 43% of the games played by Vick. He's on track to blow way past Vick in passing & rushing yards, passing & rushing TDs, and have less sacks & INTs. He's got a .750 win rate to Vicks .540 rate. His teams have been the most injury prone in the league the last few years. He's had to carry the entire team on his back and still wins at an amazing rate.

Sure, he hasn't performed well in the playoffs. Guess what, winning is hard in the NFL, especially in the playoffs. Honestly, I hope he continues to suck in the playoffs, but me thinks his time will come.

I'm not a fan of the Ravens just like I'm not a fan of the Yankees, but you have to give credit to great players like LJ and Derek Cheater.

SmartSelect_20221001_222502_Firefox.jpg
SmartSelect_20221001_222547_Firefox.jpg
SmartSelect_20221001_222630_Firefox.jpg

His team didn't implode in the playoffs... Jackson imploded.
One against the Titans I believe his WR/TE corp had like 7-8 drops. Recently they've been as banged up as anyone. He hasnt played well but neither has his team. Again winning in the playoffs is hard. The steelers carried Big Ben. Manning and Marino were hit or miss. Some of the greatest ever. It's obvious some of you just want to hang on to outdated and uneducated opinions.

By stats alone you and @RobertWeathers are getting killed saying Jackson isn't as good a passer as Allen, Herbert, Stafford and on the same tier with Vick.

It's fine to hold opinions but so far that's literally all you have. I'd rather have some substance behind my arguments.

I'm relaxed as can be. It's funny how patient you are for the Ravens, but you're hyper critical and anxious to get Bill fired because he hasn't lived up to your expectations since this rebuild began.... and Mac, he already sucks in your estimation... ranked 30th or something after one season.
Mac hardly "sucks" but I guess you have a much lower bar for a 1st round quarterback as long as he's in a Patriots uniform. Mac started out the season at 16th. He's down to 19th after getting an early jump on leading the league in turnovers. Hurts, Tua and Lawrence who have all had strong starts to the season have moved ahead of Mac. Lawrence in particular looks dramatically improved... something to do with coaching, maybe?

Lol, of course you would think you're spot on your lame take. The truth is you're dead wrong, which is par for the course with you (i.e, Harry, Asiasi, etc.).

Vick didn't throw 2.5 INT/gm. Lmao. Try 0.6 per game. Mac has 0.95 per game.

Here are the comparisons between Lamar & Vick. Lamar has played 43% of the games played by Vick. He's on track to blow way past Vick in passing & rushing yards, passing & rushing TDs, and have less sacks & INTs. He's got a .750 win rate to Vicks .540 rate. His teams have been the most injury prone in the league the last few years. He's had to carry the entire team on his back and still wins at an amazing rate.

Sure, he hasn't performed well in the playoffs. Guess what, winning is hard in the NFL, especially in the playoffs. Honestly, I hope he continues to suck in the playoffs, but me thinks his time will come.

I'm not a fan of the Ravens just like I'm not a fan of the Yankees, but you have to give credit to great players like LJ and Derek Cheater.

View attachment 45868
View attachment 45869
View attachment 45870
I already addressed that above... it's far easier to pass now than it was back when Vick played. Defenses could hit the QB, they could get physical with receivers. It's a different game now.

I'm wrong about Lamar? I said he would look great in the regular season and suck in the playoffs.... where exactly have I been wrong?

I was dead right about LJ, until he proves otherwise.

One against the Titans I believe his WR/TE corp had like 7-8 drops. Recently they've been as banged up as anyone. He hasnt played well but neither has his team. Again winning in the playoffs is hard. The steelers carried Big Ben. Manning and Marino were hit or miss. Some of the greatest ever. It's obvious some of you just want to hang on to outdated and uneducated opinions.

By stats alone you and @RobertWeathers are getting killed saying Jackson isn't as good a passer as Allen, Herbert, Stafford and on the same tier with Vick.

It's fine to hold opinions but so far that's literally all you have. I'd rather have some substance behind my arguments.
Substance... what are LJ's career playoff stats?

Trash.

Read what I wrote about LJ in 2018, I couldn't have been more correct. Facts suck for you, they're not your friend.

If he were good at passing they would let him pass. Annually he ranks near dead last in attempts. They get guys open through scheme and protect Lamar from himself. You posted a lot of stats, you just don't understand them.

Mac hardly "sucks" but I guess you have a much lower bar for a 1st round quarterback as long as he's in a Patriots uniform. Mac started out the season at 16th. He's down to 19th after getting an early jump on leading the league in turnovers. Hurts, Tua and Lawrence who have all had strong starts to the season have moved ahead of Mac. Lawrence in particular looks dramatically improved... something to do with coaching, maybe?
Lawrence has better coaching than last year, the team and talent around him is also better. Oh yeah, and I suspect he worked on his craft and tried to become a better pro.

Lamar Jackson has gotten worse each year since his MVP season. Now in the midst of contract negotiations he has raised his level of play. He'll still get bounced early in the playoffs. None of you will be here crowing about how good he is then though. You'll disappear like LJ truthers always do... we're never having this conversation in December.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back