PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lakers/Celtics in trade talks with Pels for Anthony Davis

Davis' agent is doing his best to make sure that the Lakers get the player.

Lakers have more ammo. I'd be shocked if he ends up in Boston.

Unless you can lock him up long term before trading for him ( can they do that in the NBA?) it would be suicide to give up all those assets for a one year rental....

his agent already said that boston would have him for one year.......screw him

Pretty annoying how a majority of NBA star players are spoiled little b*tches.

???

No team in the NBA, barring an elite-for-elite trade situation, has more trade ammo than the Celtics.

I'd be disgusted if he ends up in Boston. They'd have to strip the team to get him and then he'll walk in a year. And for 'transformative' player, he sure hasn't transformed much. Much as I hate LeBron, he had dragged the corpse of the Cavs to 50 wins in 2 years.

Are we getting LeBron?

???

No team in the NBA, barring an elite-for-elite trade situation, has more trade ammo than the Celtics.
yeah but they are willing to make it available.

???

Lakers have LeBron as a teammate and the #4 overall pick they're willing to part with. I'm not so sure the Celtics are going to be willing to give up what they have for a player who, from the sounds of it, will be a one year rental. That's if his agent is to be believed.

???

Not only that, but what do the Lakers have? Lonzo Ball? Kuzma? Meh.

And that 4th pick? It’s a steep drop off from the top 3 this year.

It looks like their offer will be Ingram, Ball and the 4th pick

Yeah... and I'm not sure I see the Celtics offering more than that given the uncertainty about whether Davis would want to be in Boston long-term.

Lakers have LeBron as a teammate and the #4 overall pick they're willing to part with. I'm not so sure the Celtics are going to be willing to give up what they have for a player who, from the sounds of it, will be a one year rental. That's if his agent is to be believed.

LeBron as a teammate in L.A. is certainly not a positive in the eyes of the Pelicans, so how would that be trade ammo?

Not a terrible haul when you know AD is gone after next year anyway.

The Lakers can offer

Ingram (with that blood clot question moving forward)
Ball
Kuzma

The Celtics can offer
Smart
Tatum
Brown
About a half million picks

So Boston can offer the 2 best players, the best defender, and more picks. I'm not for the Celtics making the deal without having Irving committed, and without some hint that Davis might be willing to change his mind if the year goes well, but they do have the best possible trade package, if they're willing to go all in.

Why is him being gone after one year wherever he lands an assumption?

At least with regards to Boston, it's the agent's mouth.

Still, the Celtics reportedly still plan to pursue a Davis trade even if Irving leaves in free agency. Considering that Boston also has multiple attractive, young assets, Davis could certainly be attainable. However, Paul isn't exactly convinced that Davis would re-sign with the Celtics.

"They can trade for him, but it'll be for one year," Paul added. "I mean: If the Celtics traded for Anthony Davis, we would go there and we would abide by our contractual [obligations] and we would go into free agency in 2020. I've stated that to them. But in the event that he decides to walk away and you give away assets? Don't blame Rich Paul."

Anthony Davis' agent, Rich Paul, discusses Celtics and Knicks, explains why Lakers are a great destination for his client

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back