PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Van Noy is a Great Player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great comment by Peter King, in naming KVN one of his two “defensive player of the week” awardees:
Kyle Van Noy, linebacker, New England. The Patriots have made some killer trades in the Belichick Era, but this morning, not many look better than the ripoff job they did with Detroit before the 2016 trade deadline. They traded a sixth-round pick to Detroit for Van Noy and a seventh-round pick. In other words, they dropped down 24 slots on day three in the 2017 draft for the guy who wrecked the Chiefs in the first half of the AFC title game Sunday. Van Noy sacked Patrick Mahomes for losses of 14 and 10 yards before intermission, forcing a fumble on the second, while leading the Pats on the day with 10 tackles.

Along with lots of other interesting insights in the column. Like the OT pass to Gronk not being in the plays prepared for the game!

FMIA: Amazing, crazy games lead to Rams-Patriots Super Bowl; Tom Brady: ‘We’ll Remember This Forever’

KVN has been fantastic this offseason. We need to make sure we stop the run vs the Rams and generate pass rush.

Florio really got the Dline playing well. Patricia never got this much pressure on qbs and we are playing the running qbs well,

The Patriots front seven plays as well together as any I've seen and it's full of unselfish players taking turns doing the dirty work to open things up for everyone, especially the most talented. It's a joy to watch.

I'm waiting for the guy who claimed that Van Noy was nothing better than a #4 LB in a 4-3 defense to chime in.. Doubt it will happen, though..

KVN isn't what I'd call "great". He'll never be a pro bowl player. But his potential has been maximized in the Patriots system. He has been very good this season.

I'm waiting for the guy who claimed that Van Noy was nothing better than a #4 LB in a 4-3 defense to chime in.. Doubt it will happen, though..

I said it and am happy to be proven wrong. He really upped his play this season. He had been fantastic.

He's just one of those guys, the tweener DL/LB who plays at a higher level than he should when the stakes are higher. I don't know how you can't love this guy and he might be my first jersey purchase in a long time.

I made a KVN thread before the season started, so I can go search them out

EDIT: this was an opinion held by several around here, not just one:

A serviceable back-up at best. If he’s the starter next to Hightower come Week 1, the LB position will once again be a weakness and we should all pray for Hightower’s health. Hopefully one of the draftees is a diamond in the rough. The defense could use it.

He should be a 4th LB, not a 2nd LB
KVN is, in the words of Thurston Howell III, all say and no do.

Last edited:
Yea but knowing you you probably declared him the next **** Butkus as soon as the trade was finalized

KVN has been fantastic this offseason. We need to make sure we stop the run vs the Rams and generate pass rush.

Florio really got the Dline playing well. Patricia never got this much pressure on qbs and we are playing the running qbs well,
Who is Florio? I never was a fan of Patricia as it looked like his style had the players second guessing themselves - like they were wearing ice skates when tackling in the open field. Hightower's comment in the off season that Flores' style is more simplified seems to be true as this defense looks completely different from a year ago. They've played more "downhill" the last two weeks. I think we'll see a similar game plan against Goff as they did with Rivers.

I made a KVN thread before the season started, so I can go search them out

EDIT: this was an opinion held by several around here, not just one:

You found the one I was referring to.

KVN isn't what I'd call "great". He'll never be a pro bowl player. But his potential has been maximized in the Patriots system. He has been very good this season.
Collinsworth discussed BB using September as preseason. He mentioned the Detroit game when they were beaten badly. BB has defensive players playing other positions; Safety, LB, DE, learning different defenses. Thus, the player might play 4 different defenses to throw at a team while a Seattle plays only one defense. He then mentioned how Van Noy benefited from this system. BB is able to do this as Brady can keep them in competition. Interesting stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down