PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Van Noy Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelocatedPatFan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Article: Kyle Van Noy gives hilarious take on 2016 trade from Lions to Patriots

I'm going to repeat what my friend said so I don't get in trouble," Van Noy said. "He's like, ‘You went from the toilet bowl to the Super Bowl.'"

Van Noy later added: "When I got there, it was like, they had a plan for me it seemed like. That plan got bigger with how I played. With that being said, I didn't know that to begin with because I'd been in Detroit, where I was kind of told ‘We don't know where to put you.' And I'm like, ‘Well, why did you draft me?' You know what I mean? I had my own coach telling me ‘I don't know where to put you.' That's kinda crazy.
Just in case you were thinking all organizations/coaches are within a small percentage of ability/function.

I think that applies to players, with few exceptions. But, the difference between winning organizations/coaches can be summed up above.

Sorry, if this is a duplicate.

Clutch player, great effort, and excellent taste in women...

pqxhgkufxt2z.jpg

He’s done a lot of interviews since the Superbowl. He’s been pretty honest and straight up which is good to see.

Article: Kyle Van Noy gives hilarious take on 2016 trade from Lions to Patriots

Just in case you were thinking all organizations/coaches are within a small percentage of ability/function.

I think that applies to players, with few exceptions. But, the difference between winning organizations/coaches can be summed up above.

Sorry, if this is a duplicate.
I think a lot of it is really just the attitude though. Belichick told Edelman when he was drafted that he didn’t know where to put him either. But he also told Edelman that he’ll figure it out because he’s a hell of a football player. I’m assuming Caldwell didn’t say that to Van Noy.

If you are interested in hopping onto the way back machine to see the forum's reaction to the trade. here you go:

Lions trade LB Kyle Van Noy (& 7th) to Patriots for 6th round draft pick

Most said the cost was cheap so why not, In BB I trust, He was good in college so maybe a change of system will help.

Others, though had some doozy hawt takes:

-just another BB-botched acquisition
-van noy stinks, just like shea and mingo.
-Possible Bequette replacement.
-Crable 2.0
-quoting a Detroit forum: I find it very hard to believe that there isn't a better option in FA, on someone's PS or even on our team than this scrub. He can't tackle, can't shed blocks, can't diagnose plays, can't rush the passer and can't cover. All he is is one massive liability…

:eek:

If you are interested in hopping onto the way back machine to see the forum's reaction to the trade. here you go:

Most said the cost was cheap so why not, In BB I trust, He was good in college so maybe a change of system will help.

-Crable 2.0
-quoting a Detroit forum: I find it very hard to believe that there isn't a better option in FA, on someone's PS or even on our team than this scrub. He can't tackle, can't shed blocks, can't diagnose plays, can't rush the passer and can't cover. All he is is one massive liability…

-Crable 2.0

Interesting. I think you will see similar takes when the Pats make 1 or 2 'unheralded' trades this offseason.

Those barstool sports guys on pardon the take get it. They were telling Van Noy how Kellerman won. And then they explained it to Van Noy like I have many times on here. They even explained to Van Noy on how to handle the clickbaiters. The interview starts at the 30 minute mark if anyones interested.

Love me some KVN. Especially love me some « Hightower is on the field » KVN. He is what he is, and too many on here criticized him for not being prime Urlacher... KVN is a smart player who makes plays in key spots. 2016&2018 > 2017 because w/o Hightower I think he had too many responsibilities.

Love me some KVN. Especially love me some « Hightower is on the field » KVN. He is what he is, and too many on here criticized him for not being prime Urlacher... KVN is a smart player who makes plays in key spots. 2016&2018 > 2017 because w/o Hightower I think he had too many responsibilities.
now if Hightower could revert back to his 2014-2016 form that would be a dream

now if Hightower could revert back to his 2014-2016 form that would be a dream
The important part : he reverted just enough during the playoffs. Just like Gronk.

I dunno how NE does in 2019, but during the playoff run, it was all about the oldies but goodies : HT, Brady, Gronk, Edelman. Still can’t believe they all pulled through after an up and down season. Tough players.

Last edited:

-Crable 2.0

From my perspective, this reinforces to me just how knowledgeable some of our draft forum residents are here. Mayoclinic in particular (who unfortunately is no longer on the board) was high on him back in college. Our forum mainstays really have both an eye for talent and for players that Belichick would like and how he would use it. Kudos to those guys!

Actually, looks like I mentioned it in the original thread, too:
My recollection is that the draft forum was high on him for 2013 but he decided not to declare. Then he didn't overwhelm his senior season, and then his combine measurable didn't stand out. He wound up not being on most people's boards by the end - basically fearing that he would turn out exactly as he has to date.

Have fun with the 2014 mock draft thread if you're interested... :) The 2014 Mock draft Thread.

I’ve liked this guys game from the time he got here. He kind of reminds me of Nnko in the sense that he was a relatively unknown player and just kept making plays, expanding his role and the next thing you know he’s a force in the super bowl.

I love him but as BB says, when you win say nothing, and when you lose say less. Or was it Paul Brown that said and BB repeated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes