PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kurt Warner

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys forget that he called the spygate investigation to be reopened after the walsh speculation and said a lot of crap about the 2001 sb practice ****
...he is a pats hater along with faulk. if we sign him i would sign and then put him on IR and ask him to sit in the corner of the bench. i hate him as much as faulk

you guys forget that he called the spygate investigation to be reopened after the walsh speculation and said a lot of crap about the 2001 sb practice ****
...he is a pats hater along with faulk. if we sign him i would sign and then put him on IR and ask him to sit in the corner of the bench. i hate him as much as faulk

didn't say he should be on the team, just said he is a great QB as proved last week and today, don't relate every argument you have back to the pats

I'd love for Warner to come to NE. I def have to say I think Warner has a step over Cassel especially being able to hit the long balls to Moss. Will it happen nope.. If it did I know Moss would feel a bit better on the inside.
This is Cassels year to prove himself and I have a feeling BB gonna stick with him no matter what:confused:

Matt Cassel is the quarterback for the New England Patriots.

I'm not a big Warner fan. If he were as good as you want to say he is, he wouldnt be struggling to get on the field for the last 5 years.
There is something about Warner, whether its decision making, or holding the ball too long (huge prob when he was with the Giants) or just being a bad teammate, but he has fallen a long, long way. I don't like bringing 'people problems' to the team unless there is a clear need for the level of talent, and I don't see a big wealth of talent either.

care to retort

It's a shame that Kurt Warner won the starting job in Arizona. In my opinion, he would be a perfect fit here for this year and beyond. He has been a leader of some of the greatest offensive teams of all time. Yes, he is older, but he is absolutely, the best person besides Brady to lead this offense.

I wonder (1) if he could become available and (2) what it would take to procure his services.

Obviously, he's starting in Arizona, but does that team expect to go with him the entire season? If they were to lose some games in the upcoming weeks, could he become available.

Where were you on Dec. 21st? Were you watching TV?

"If they were to lose some games in the upcoming weeks, could he become available."

If they loose SOME games? Uh, It's January and it's the Playoffs - They can only loose ONE game.

They went 8-8 in a horrible confrence and you want this guy. I mean, you can't make this stuff up, it's pure comedy.

I'd love for Warner to come to NE. I def have to say I think Warner has a step over Cassel especially being able to hit the long balls to Moss. Will it happen nope.. If it did I know Moss would feel a bit better on the inside.
This is Cassels year to prove himself and I have a feeling BB gonna stick with him no matter what:confused:

This board has officially jumped the shark.

i think warner was more deserving of the mvp than manning was

Attachments

• Tommy.jpg
    Tommy.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 330
The problem is he is fumble and turn-over prone. He lost the job in New York because of his fumbleitis (he averages about a fumble per game). He plays better in Arizona because there he has at least 8 games per season without the elements. He played well for years in St. Louis in a dome for the same reason.

He is a good team leader, and his passing stats are always good to great. I would not take him over Cassel, but I do think he is a good veteran presence. This topic is completely hypothetical as Warner will either (1) retire (he has been discussing that during the season) or (2) re-sign with Arizona (he is better than Leinart).

As for Garcia, he is 52-53 career and 2-4 in the playoffs. He does not seem to have a fan club in former teammates and seems to have a short shelf life with any team. Since the Niners, he has pretty much jumped from one team to another every year, and if he were a formula for winning that should not happen. I would not want to see him with the Pats.

Last edited:
Yup, that's why he's playing musical chairs with a failed first rounder he was hired to develop - until he gets hurt and they swap places... He's been worthless since we undressed him in New Orleans. He's an oft injured, scatter armed, has been with an overblown ego, an excuse maker and a lousy teamate.

This is where I say: TOLD YA SO, you obv. know very little about football :banned:

warner needs the great wall of china to protect him and our o line doesnt work that way. he will be out in 1 quarter of playing for the pats.

are all of you insane???

have you been watching football this season?

Kurt Warner just played himself into the Hall of Fame today. He has nearly 30,000 career passing yards. Hes just led a team to a Super Bowl for the 3rd time, 2 franchises that had not been there, he took from the bottom to the top. Hes also from all reports a class act and hes tough as nails.

Id take him over hasnt won a big game in his life Romo anyday of the week.

are all of you insane???

have you been watching football this season?

Kurt Warner just played himself into the Hall of Fame today. He has nearly 30,000 career passing yards. Hes just led a team to a Super Bowl for the 3rd time, 2 franchises that had not been there, he took from the bottom to the top. Hes also from all reports a class act and hes tough as nails.

Id take him over hasnt won a big game in his life Romo anyday of the week.

I don't question whether he has a shot at the Hall of Fame. The "Great Wall of China" reference is likely to the fact he holds the ball in a certain way that allows opposing defenses to slap the ball out of his hand. Those fumbles are almost guaranteed turnovers.

In 110 career games, he has 91 fumbles, close to one per game. In Brady's 113 career games, he has 65 fumbles. The "Greatest Show on Turf" had a great line, but he still put the ball on the turf. Warner will also be 38 and has mentioned retirement repeatedly this season.

I don't question whether Warner is a positive lockerroom presence, but Favre had a similar year last year in Green Bay with lesser receivers than the Cards have and I don't think he was the best move for the Jets this year. Warner doesn't have the wear Favre has, but he hasn't exactly been the Rock of Gibraltar in avoiding injury. In his career, he has played 3 16-game seasons.

Kurt Warner stamped his ticket to Canton on that game-winning drive. That was masterful.

It's good Kurt Warner thanked Jesus.

Because if Jesus' two ligaments didn't tear during the Chiefs game, the Patriots would be in the Super Bowl again and the entire NFL universe would go back to normal.

It's good Kurt Warner thanked Jesus.

Because if Jesus' two ligaments didn't tear during the Chiefs game, the Patriots would be in the Super Bowl again and the entire NFL universe would go back to normal.
eh jesus wouldn't have lost a sb

jesus is joe montana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back