PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kudos to ST Coordinator Cam Achord for an elite coaching season

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Likely the only time we'll see a thread here for a special teams coordinator, but Cam Achord has done an outstanding job. Best coordinator on the team this season in terms of on field product.

1. Gunner just hit the NFL record for punt return average. Elite coaching not just in returning but also coverage and blocking.

2. Bailey led the league in average net punt and made the Pro Bowl. Involves not just excellent punting but great coverage down the field.

3. Old Nick Folk was automatic for field goals after September. The improvement was incredible, including 42+ yard FGs.

4. Slater made another Pro Bowl and overall excellent special teams coverage by the whole unit all year long.

I don't think I've seen as dominant a special teams unit on any Belichick team. This is a major credit to Cam Achord. Well done coach. Best coordinator on staff this season.

Last edited:
Are we talking about the ST coach who didn’t have a gunner covered last week leading to a gimme 4th down conversion for the Bills?

I like Bethel a lot. Ravens stupid for making him available & BB sharp to scoop him up.

Belichick always thinking of special teams. Even when we draft a guy it's always "and X can also play some ST" :)

Belichick always thinking of special teams. Even when we draft a guy it's always "and X can also play some ST" :)

In this year's college final four games, the super star WR's and DB's were often seen covering kicks. The rest of the League has caught on to BB's thinking here, and college players are looking for the attention.

Likely the only time we'll see a thread here for a special teams coordinator, but Cam Achord has done an outstanding job. Best coordinator on the team this season in terms of on field product.

1. Gunner just hit the NFL record for punt return average. Elite coaching not just in returning but also coverage and blocking.

2. Bailey led the league in average net punt and made the Pro Bowl. Involves not just excellent punting but great coverage down the field.

3. Old Nick Folk was automatic for field goals after September. The improvement was incredible, including 42+ yard FGs.

4. Slater made another Pro Bowl and overall excellent special teams coverage by the whole unit all year long.

I don't think I've seen as dominant a special teams unit on any Belichick team. This is a major credit to Cam Achord. Well done coach. Best coordinator on staff this season.

Shouldn’t kudos go to GM Bill the GM who seemingly prioritizes special teams over QBs, WRs, and TEs?
And runner up kudos to the Kicking Whisperer who clearly straightened Folk out.

LeBron missed a shot once, he sucks.
Also happened the prior week vs MIA only to be negated by a penalty.

Overall Cam has done a nice job. Hes certainly part of the solution and not the problem.

If winovich blocks on special teams as well as he sets the edge in the running game, then for that special teams play, we were probably better off with winovich on the sidelines!

Never heard of the guy- I would give the credit to Bill (just as I would lay most of the blame on him for the state of the roster and team's performance in 2020). The good and bad with this team starts and stops with him. Particularly on defense and special teams.

I like Bethel a lot. Ravens stupid for making him available & BB sharp to scoop him up.

Ravens got caught in a cap crunch and had to release him.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back