PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kudos to Mike Palardy

If you don't score then you don't need to kick off.

Chess vs checkers

Palardy was clean with his holds, but aside from the one downed at the 5, I wasn't too impressed with any of the others.

The guy walked in off the street. Last week he was watching the NFL on his couch. What were your expectations? He was OK. He is not going to WOW us. You were not impressed? C'mon man!

If you don't score then you don't need to kick off.

Chess vs checkers

Back on message again. You veered off a bit for a day or two - good to see that you regained your footing and are back in the correct lane.

I had a gripe about continuing to trot out an injured Jake Bailey to boot 10 yard punts. Should have been shelved a while back. There are guys like Palardy who can give you performance in the vicinity of league average until your guy is healthy.

Easy to forget about the punter , he played his part.

Pats & Jete didn't give us any opportunity to forget about their punters this past game.

I don't know what they were doing with that Bailey contract.
I think they got royally screwed by some performance or pro bowl or something bonus. Can't recall the details.

I don't know what they were doing with that Bailey contract.

Im really suprised we didn’t at least draft a punter to complete with him and possibly save us a bunch of money. I wanted one of those late picks to be a flyer on one. That seems like what Belichick has traditionally done with punters, change every four years or so. This stonehouse kid tennessee picked up looks pretty freaking good and he was a udfa.

Just saw this on WEEI.. Im sure there are some circumstantial reasons that could push him lower such as our inability to sustain long drives (so punting on a short field) but looks like Bailey is close to bottom of league statistically. Not great value for someone we are paying a good chunk of money for.

Jake Bailey
Net Punting Avg. 35.3 (31st)
Gross Punting Avg. 42.1 (31st)
Kickoff Touchbacks 28 (t-16th)

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results