PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kudos to Mike Palardy

40yrpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In the man's first game with us, in a cold and pretty fierce wind, he punted 7 times with a 45.2 avg, no shanks, long of 52, two inside the 20 and 1 more just missed. He looked real solid and reliable.

Better than an injured, uneven Bailey. I hope Bailey regains his form from pre-2021, but this season he's been suspect at times.

Better than an injured, uneven Bailey. I hope Bailey regains his form from pre-2021, but this season he's been suspect at times.

If Palardy continues like this, I doubt Bailey plays again this year.

Bailey's had something wrong for two years. When healthy, he's a top punter.

Get better and come back next year.

In the man's first game with us, in a cold and pretty fierce wind, he punted 7 times with a 45.2 avg, no shanks, long of 52, two inside the 20 and 1 more just missed. He looked real solid and reliable.
Good post......he did very well. Easy to forget about the punter , he played his part.

If Palardy continues like this, I doubt Bailey plays again this year.

Bailey's had something wrong for two years. When healthy, he's a top punter.

Get better and come back next year.
If his health continues to be an issue come spring, Bailey might be a post June 1 cut.

With the way our d and st is playing, this kind of performance is incredibly crucial going forth. If he plays like this all 4 games, itd be hard to go back to bailey… maybe just ir him for the season and re evaluate next year.

He punted well. But Folk does not kick off deep enough. Maybe folk will be better kicking off on a less windy day but if not I'm not sure that trade off is worth it and we still might want Bailey back if he can return from ir. Tough call I could go either way.

He punted well. But Folk does not kick off deep enough. Maybe folk will be better kicking off on a less windy day but if not I'm not sure that trade off is worth it and we still might want Bailey back if he can return from ir. Tough call I could go either way.
Palardy does have kickoff experience. They might use him this Thurs.

If his health continues to be an issue come spring, Bailey might be a post June 1 cut.

According to this, it will cost the Patriots a million dollars to cut Bailey next year.

That may give him some job security.

According to this, it will cost the Patriots a million dollars to cut Bailey next year.

The other PoV is they'll have a sh_tton of cap space next year so why not cut him now?

exactly none

If somebody like Palardy is a third of the price, I'd guess it would be a wash financially. $4.5MM sounds like a lot for punter unless he's super good and your team likes to punt all the time. (which seems to be the case with the Mac10 offense)

exactly none

If somebody like Palardy is a third of the price, I'd guess it would be a wash financially. $4.5MM sounds like a lot for punter unless he's super good and your team likes to punt all the time. (which seems to be the case with the Mac10 offense)

If Palardy is making 1.5 million, the team would be paying 6 million in a punter next season.

Bailey will have to be horrific next camp for that to happen.

If Palardy is making 1.5 million, the team would be paying 6 million in a punter next season.

Bailey will have to be horrific next camp for that to happen.
Thanks! I misunderstood the $$. Someone posted that only $1MM would be lost cutting Bailey.

Palardy was clean with his holds, but aside from the one downed at the 5, I wasn't too impressed with any of the others.

Someone posted that only $1MM would be lost cutting Bailey.

That is actually correct as well.

They are already on the hook for 3.4M with Bailey, but if they cut him it will cost 4.4 off the cap. Thus, the 1M loss.

But it's still 3.4M if they keep Bailey, VS about 6M if they cut him.

I don't know what they were doing with that Bailey contract.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back