PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely no way you can say that. It has been suspected that he has slurred speech on occasion from drinking and that's as far as it goes. He also speaks slowly/unclearly on occasion when he has not been drinking. I've met the man twice and got no sense of him having an alcohol problem. Perhaps he does struggle with booze, or maybe he's on medication, but none of that has been confirmed anecdotally or otherwise.

You're right. I don't know for sure, but going on live TV drunk (if that's what it was-and it sure did look like it) sounds like a problem drinker to me.

Kellerman thinks the league should take draft picks away. If Kraft is guilty. I think that would be ludicrous. What Kraft did doesn't affect the onfield performance

Last edited:
Kellerman thinks the league should take draft picks away. If Kraft is guilty. I think that would be ludicrous. What Kraft did doesn't affect the on field performance.

They can’t and Rg has no authority to do so. Kellerman and whoever else suggests it are idiots for even thinking its possible to do. This falls under the personal conduct policy, not a rule infraction. But nice try Kellerman, lets change, bend and break the rules on how the Patriots are treated. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Not only does the league have zero legal grounds to take picks but the owners really REALLY don’t want to set precedent that their own behavior unrelated to football can be used against them like that.

This has no bearing on football operations even if it comes out Kraft was literally smuggling slaves across the border.

Kellerman thinks the league should take draft picks away. If Kraft is guilty. I think that would be ludicrous. What Kraft did doesn't affect the on field performance.

But....I think the league could dock picks without the Pats being able to do anything about it. Rule 45 or whatever. Do I think it'll happen? No.
Once again -
1) Article 46 applies between the teams and the players. There is a separate document governing the league arrangement which has already been quoted. The worst penalty would be for the other owners to expel Kraft and make him sell the team.

2) If you’re paying attention to Kellerman at this point, you’re part of the problem as to why he’s still around.

I can see 23 owners wanting Kraft to sell.

Giving the reins to Jonathan is too easy for Bob to still be involved. I bet every AFCE owners would sign and Isray for sure. Jerry Jones is a backstabber and the Ravens have no love for NE. There is 25% right there.

It takes 8 owners to stop something. It takes 24 to take action. Good luck with that. My guess is Bob Kraft is a downright prude in that group. The last precedent they want to set is to have to sell your team if you get caught soliciting sex. Plus, they know if they try it more information about concussion coverups will probably find its way onto the pages of The NY Times.

The hysteria about this is ridiculous. I attribute it to a bunch of ingrates who don’t appreciate what this man had done and continues to do for our favorite football team. A whole bunch of tough guys who will never forgive him for not playing a losing hand to the very end in Deflategate.

Kraft chose a different hill to fight on and ultimately won the battle. Go read the details of Goodell’s last contract extension. How his salary was reduced from $44 million a year to $2 million with a committee that Bob Kraft sits on determining what additional compensation he receives or doesn’t every year. Kraft couldn’t get 24 owners to fire Goodell. But he got 24 owners to marginalize him, make him a lame duck, and set him up to be the fall guy when the next collective bargaining battle comes around. That’s not bad work if you ask me. Kraft fights to win not to get his face bloodied fighting lost causes like the tough guys on this board.

At worse, he did something arrogantly reckless and stupid. The law will punish him accordingly as will the NFL and it all will be forgotten in 6 months by all except the most pathetic of haters.

They can’t and Rg has no authority to do so. Kellerman and whoever else suggests it are idiots for even thinking its possible to do. This falls under the personal conduct policy, not a rule infraction. But nice try Kellerman, lets change, bend and break the rules on how the Patriots are treated. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Agreed. The reason other fans want picks taken is because it's the only way to "hurt" the Pats. Their thinking is that Kraft is a hands off owner to begin with. Meaning him being banned for most of 2019 won't hurt them enough.

Once again -
1) Article 46 applies between the teams and the players. There is a separate document governing the league arrangement which has already been quoted. The worst penalty would be for the other owners to expel Kraft and make him sell the team.

2) If you’re paying attention to Kellerman at this point, you’re part of the problem as to why he’s still around.

Could the league force Robert to sell the team to an outsider? Meaning, could they ensure Jonathan doesn't become the sole owner? Might be a dumb question.

Could the league force Robert to sell the team to an outsider? Meaning, could they ensure Jonathan doesn't become the sole owner? Might be a dumb question.
I would expect they could. The league needs to approve new ownership. They could say they don’t approve of Jonathan and vote it down. If Jonathan sued, could he force his way in? Maybe, but I’m not a lawyer so I can’t speak to how and why he could win such a case.

Of course they could. The owners have to ratify purchases. And even if that wasn't the case the same 24 owners could make Jonathan sell, if they wanted to.

He got off because the level of girls he was dealing with and the fact that he passed a FBI lie detector test. Also, some of the accusations were so crazy that they seemed unbelievable - like sharing a sex slave with Prince Andrew. But in reality, they most likely were true. After the Strauss-Kahn bust, there were reports indicating an almost nutty sex culture amongst the ultra rich that are almost 100% true.

Of course it is. The “Lolita Express” was and is just the tip of the iceburg. These people live unlike the rest of us and that includes doing and participating in events that would make the average person find revolting and criminal.

Kellerman thinks the league should take draft picks away. If Kraft is guilty. I think that would be ludicrous. What Kraft did doesn't affect the onfield performance
I think the usual group of LOOK AT ME!!! mediot haters are trying to call attention to themselves by asking for draft picks to be taken away.

This would, of course, be a complete disaster of a precedent.

In a long line of famous sex tapes including Paris Hiltion, Pam Anderson etc... get ready for 77yr old R Kraft with a 58 yr old prostitute...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

In a long line of famous sex tapes including Paris Hiltion, Pam Anderson etc... get ready for 77yr old R Kraft with a 58 yr old lady...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No, no, no haven't you been following the narrative? That's a 58 year old little girl, recently torn from the bosom of her mother and spirited in to service the needs of the crazed King Bob while Brady waited nearby with warm towels and Belichick kept the engine running in the getaway Bentley

Of course they could. The owners have to ratify purchases. And even if that wasn't the case the same 24 owners could make Jonathan sell, if they wanted to.
I'm not so sure. Yes I know the NFL Ownership Agreement contains a clause stating what you just said, but it is worth noting that clause has never been tested in a court of law. As such, just because that clause exists doesn't mean a court would enforce it if the Kraft Group chose to fight it tooth and nail.

When the NBA was trying to oust Donald Sterling, I remember reading a couple legal opinions that it would have been very hard to do if he didn't give in like he did (and also without the help of Sterling's wife who wanted the sale to proceed).

Last edited:

Still less stupid than taking away draft picks due to the laws of physics :eek:

Of course it is. The “Lolita Express” was and is just the tip of the iceburg. These people live unlike the rest of us and that includes doing and participating in events that would make the average person find revolting and criminal.

I suspect that if you're super rich and a sociopath you get bored quickly with anything you can easily purchase legally. . . so you create an island where anything goes .

The hysteria about this is ridiculous. I attribute it to a bunch of ingrates who don’t appreciate what this man had done and continues to do for our favorite football team. A whole bunch of tough guys who will never forgive him for not playing a losing hand to the very end in Deflategate.

Thank you.

The people who decided to disown Kraft forever because he chose not to fight a case he had 0 chance of winning are people who also genuinely believe texts about "The Deflator" had to do with a guy losing weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST