PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft on Game Day

@archstanton543 are you Mac Jones or some relation?? You seem to have a conflict of interest.
The Sandlot Youre Killing Me Smalls GIF

With Purdy our Team would be better and competent @ QB...Real I have said this before and others have too "Mac is totally ineffective in throwing outside the numbers CB's sit on his ducks." It's no mystery on how to defend check down Mac. That said Mac is so bad I am beginning to that nobody wants him even at his current cap.
My man.. no argument from me on Mac. I'm just not as convinced on Purdy like some are. I'd like to see him do it with mediocrity.. is all I'm saying. We know the Mac shipps sailed. I'm sure @sb1 Would agree with us.. now I'll give zap credit he's trying to make tuna fish out of sardines with this roster. Mac wasn't playing with confidence anymore. I'd bet you if he went to San Fran he'd look like Purdy or better.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Once again, the article counts Brady as dead money, accounting for over half (13.5M) of the dead money (25M) it references. It is right in the text of the article.

Literally a circular argument: we couldn’t re-sign Brady because we had a huge dead cap hit that we’d accrued as a result of not re-signing Brady.
13.5M is what was owed on Brady's previous money, that would have been added to any new contract they signed him to... cap doesn't disappear until it's accounted for.

You remember that 2020 roster right? It was terrible, it went from one of the oldest more experienced rosters in the NFL to one of the youngest and least experienced. Brady at 43 years old didn't want to tank for 2020 while the team cleared dead cap off it's books, especially when his wife was harassing him to either retire or play for a team in Florida.

Going separate ways was smart for both sides, something I said at the end of 2019 when I looked at the roster and financial situation of the team.

My man.. no argument from me on Mac. I'm just not as convinced on Purdy like some are. I'd like to see him do it with mediocrity.. is all I'm saying. We know the Mac shipps sailed. I'm sure @sb1 Would agree with us.. now I'll give zap credit he's trying to make tuna fish out of sardines with this roster. Mac wasn't playing with confidence anymore. I'd bet you if he went to San Fran he'd look like Purdy or better.
Stranger things have happened.

Purdy does not have a good arm. He can get away with that with the team he has but I don't know if he can here. I'm sure at least he won't let mistakes rattle him like Jones.

"One TD in the 2001 postseason" is still a thing? Lol. 1 game in a blizzard, less than a half of the AFC Championship game when he was knocked out by a dirty AF hit and 1 game was the Super Bowl against one of the best defenses in the league playing with the same injury.

Brady had it from day 1 as a starter... it was and should have been obvious to anyone paying attention. He was always elite. The end.
28th in passing yards per game in 2001, 18 TD's/12 INT's = elite :thumbsup:

He needed some time to develop into elite, he was simply more efficient than Drew Bledsoe.

You were probably ten at the time, so you also believed in the tooth fairy.

Purdy does not have a good arm. He can get away with that with the team he has but I don't know if he can here. I'm sure at least he won't let mistakes rattle him like Jones.
Agreed 100%... everything is PERFECT around him. Playmakers on offense and defense.. give Mac or Zapp kittle, Samuel, ayuik, McCaffrey.. he'd light it up. His coach isn't the GM, and the GM isn't the coach in San Fran..

He needed some time to develop into elite, he was simply more efficient than Drew Bledsoe.

TB12 was the (Brock Purdy) in his QB infancy.. everything around him was near perfect, especially on defense. Coaching was top notch. He became a proficient passer as his career went on. Brady was Mr. Efficiency early on.. they ran the ball a hell of lot too.

Agreed 100%... everything is PERFECT around him. Playmakers on offense and defense.. give Mac or Zapp kittle, Samuel, ayuik, McCaffrey.. he'd light it up. His coach isn't the GM, and the GM isn't the coach in San Fran..
That Brandon Aiyuk is really good wish he was FA I would Trade for him. I think he's better than Tee Higgins.

He was already elite. If you paid attention instead of looking at boxscores you'd know this.

Also lol at talking about stats for 14 games in 2001, a totally different era of the sport than today. Project it to 16 games and he has just as many TD as Steve McNair who certainly was elite...

That Brandon Aiyuk is really good wish he was FA I would Trade for him. I think he's better than Tee Higgins.
Yeah Aiyuk is great. I think that he runs different routes than Higgins.. Higgins is a better athlete and down field threat. But aiyuk is a better route running WR.. that's what it's all about route running.

Yeah Aiyuk is great. I think that he runs different routes than Higgins.. Higgins is a better athlete and down field threat. But aiyuk is a better route running WR.. that's what it's all about route running.
I was watching Aiyuk he runs all the routes pretty crafty player. And I really like Higgins too.

Yeah like Zapp and 3 TDS I wasn't sure when we'd see another TD this season.
What if Zappe pulls a rabbit out of his rear end and do a number on KC- Denver and Buffalo?? The latter two are playing for their playoffs lives. Would that change our approach to the Draft we go WR or Offensive Tackle early instead of QB??

He was already elite. If you paid attention instead of looking at boxscores you'd know this.

Also lol at talking about stats for 14 games in 2001, a totally different era of the sport than today. Project it to 16 games and he has just as many TD as Steve McNair who certainly was elite...
In 2001 he threw almost as many interceptions as TD's, he also fumbled the ball 12 times in 14 starts, he also took a lot of unnecessary sacks... your recollections of him entering the NFL like gangbusters isn't accurate. He won and was a big part of that, but win/loss is a team stat.

In year three (2002) they opened up the playbook and let him throw the hell out of the ball, he led the league in TD's but he also had one the highest interception rates of his career. By 2003 he was closer to elite and he kept improving.

Fan fiction...

Yeah like Zapp and 3 TDS I wasn't sure when we'd see another TD this season.
The reason why I say that is WR's Nabers and Coleman should go sometime after Harrison jr.

The reason why I say that is WR's Nabers and Coleman should go sometime after Harrison jr.
Agreed. I've said this in discussions. If Zapp does that then I think it does alter thier approach.. because Zapp would then be a QB on his rookie deal that they wouldn't have to pay. I think they take Harrison Jr. And then identify another QB say in round 2? Just my guess
I like that pick. We just want a QB.. no matter who it is to play well. If Zapp plays well from her on out then it's a great problem to have.

13.5M is what was owed on Brady's previous money, that would have been added to any new contract they signed him to... cap doesn't disappear until it's accounted for.
Again you lie. You know this isn’t true. This is why teams extend players to push the cap hit in a future season. By not extending Brady before free agency, the Patriots took the hit. Bill has done this with other players, as have other teams.
You remember that 2020 roster right? It was terrible, it went from one of the oldest more experienced rosters in the NFL to one of the youngest and least experienced. Brady at 43 years old didn't want to tank for 2020 while the team cleared dead cap off it's books, especially when his wife was harassing him to either retire or play for a team in Florida.
Exaggeration/lie. They were 9:1 to win Super Bowl, among league leaders, right before the offseason. They won 7 games with Cam Newton. Sort of like how the Bucs won 7 games with Jameis Winston. Even after FA Patriots and Bucs had same win totals at 9-9.5. There were prop bets about who would win more games with near even odds.
Going separate ways was smart for both sides, something I said at the end of 2019 when I looked at the roster and financial situation of the team.
Smart for the Patriots? Glad you weren’t at Jonestown.

Again you lie. You know this isn’t true. This is why teams extend players to push the cap hit in a future season. By not extending Brady before free agency, the Patriots took the hit. Bill has done this with other players, as have other teams.
So if I owe the bank 13.5 thousand and refinance to borrow more money I no longer owe that original balance? You must be a financial wizard.
Exaggeration/lie. They were 9:1 to win Super Bowl, among league leaders, right before the offseason. They won 7 games with Cam Newton. Sort of like how the Bucs won 7 games with Jameis Winston. Even after FA Patriots and Bucs had same win totals at 9-9.5. There were prop bets about who would win more games with near even odds.
The 2020 roster sucked. This after signing a bunch of free agents they couldn’t afford unless they pushed more cap debt down the road.

Your answer for everything… borrow more.

The Patriots aren’t the US government, they can’t keep printing money. There’s a salary cap, it’s the “cap” in the term salary cap which is confounding you.
Smart for the Patriots? Glad you weren’t at Jonestown.
Brady had a few good seasons left, taking time to rebuild the Patriots would have wasted that, plus his wife wasn’t going to support that.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back