PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kliff Kingsbury wants to pursue NFL job

Ok, and Miami’s new HC signed a contract to become temples HC 3 weeks ago. A buyout was reached and temple let him go. Kingsbury isn’t even trying to interview laterally, he’s wanting to interviewfor NFL HC/OC jobs.
But USC should care about USC shouldn’t they?
I mean why would any company hire a guy then let him interview elsewhere if they can prevent it.
I think everyone realizes interviewing him as HC is just a ruse to try and bring him to the nfl as OC or QB coach.

But USC should care about USC shouldn’t they?
I mean why would any company hire a guy then let him interview elsewhere if they can prevent it.
I think everyone realizes interviewing him as HC is just a ruse to try and bring him to the nfl as OC or QB coach.

Even if that’s the case its still an upgrade over his current position. He shouldn’t be prohibited from attempting to get a better gig. Let the team that hires him and USC reach a monetary agreement and let that be the end of it. Surely USC interviewed other candidates before settling on kinsbury.

Even if that’s the case its still an upgrade over his current position. He shouldn’t be prohibited from attempting to get a better gig. Let the team that hires him and USC reach a monetary agreement and let that be the end of it. Surely USC interviewed other candidates before settling on kinsbury.
Why would that be an upgrade? It’s the same job I don’t think nfl is considered a promotion from ncaa for coaches.
I don’t know why usc should want to let him our of the contract. How is that a good thing for them? He’s the guy they hired and agreed to a contract with. Why should he be allowed to break it?

Why would that be an upgrade? It’s the same job I don’t think nfl is considered a promotion from ncaa for coaches.
I don’t know why usc should want to let him our of the contract. How is that a good thing for them? He’s the guy they hired and agreed to a contract with. Why should he be allowed to break it?

He’s going to make more money in the NFL. How is that not an upgrade?

Maybe about that part, but I've seem references to new rules on Twitter, too, in regard to other college coaches.

So NFL teams can be penalized for tampering with the college level leagues?

So NFL teams can be penalized for tampering with the college level leagues?
They will be penalized for hiring college coaches without getting permission from their AD.

You don’t know that.

Ok, well there’s a very very very very high likelihood he’s gonna make more
Money in the nfl than at USC. The best coordinators in college make 1-2 mil. That’s about what the average nfl coordinator makes plus proving your worth as an NFL coordinator opens you up for a better shot of making the big $$$ as an NFL HC.

Plus SC would be creating an issue with their staff if they paid Kingsbury top coordinator money since their HC makes a whopping 2 1/2 mil himself.

Ok, well there’s a very very very very high likelihood he’s gonna make more
Money in the nfl than at USC. The best coordinators in college make 1-2 mil. That’s about what the average nfl coordinator makes plus proving your worth as an NFL coordinator opens you up for a better shot of making the big $$$ as an NFL HC.

Plus SC would be creating an issue with their staff if they paid Kingsbury top coordinator money since their HC makes a whopping 2 1/2 mil himself.
I don’t understand what you are saying.
He doesn’t have a job offer.
Comparing top college OC pay to average NFL OC pay doesn’t show he would be getting a large pay increase.
He doesn’t even have a job offer.

He is saying “hey thanks for hiring me but I didn’t really mean itvwhen I agree to work for you because someone else wants to interview me for a different job. You cool with giving me permission to interview while you are paying me for the job I agreed to and really haven’t even started doing yet?”

I’ll ask again why is that in uscs best interest?

I don’t understand what you are saying.
He doesn’t have a job offer.
Comparing top college OC pay to average NFL OC pay doesn’t show he would be getting a large pay increase.
He doesn’t even have a job offer.

He is saying “hey thanks for hiring me but I didn’t really mean itvwhen I agree to work for you because someone else wants to interview me for a different job. You cool with giving me permission to interview while you are paying me for the job I agreed to and really haven’t even started doing yet?”

I’ll ask again why is that in uscs best interest?

I’ll play along. Let’s say you or I get hired for a job, accept it (we’re unemployed and right now this is the best offer we have.)

Weeks go by and we get wind of other opportunities and would like to interview for those jobs. Would you be cool with your new job denying you the chance at those opportunities?

I’ll play along. Let’s say you or I get hired for a job, accept it (we’re unemployed and right now this is the best offer we have.)

Weeks go by and we get wind of other opportunities and would like to interview for those jobs. Would you be cool with your new job denying you the chance at those opportunities?
If I signed a contract of course I would expect them to deny a request to interview for a different job.
I also would never make such a request and would honor the contract I signed.

I don’t get why USC isn’t allowing a coordinator the chance to interview for NFL jobs.
Daniels. Super talented & KK is one of the best offensive minds in the last 10-20 years.

Would be pumped if he came here if Josh left. That would be best case scenario for us.

Big Kliff energy!

Fair enough, that’s your choice to make.
Not really because I signed a contract and gave my word.
My employer would not be wrong to expect me to honor that word.

It’s like saying a week after getting married I can screw around in my wife, make a false anonymous complaint to her employer to get her fired and change the locks in the house.
That’s my choice to make too but I’d be a scumbag.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back