PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kicker thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I don’t want to start another thread, but poor Gost. 3 tries, 3 misses on FGs for the Titans tonight. He looks miserable out there.

Well, to be fair, he hit the game winner with a few seconds left. Also, one kick was blocked, and all the snaps/ball handling on the first 3 looked questionable. Keep in mind he's been with the team for less than a week. Hanging in to kick the game winner should go a long way to getting him going.

Well, to be fair, he hit the game winner with a few seconds left. Also, one kick was blocked, and all the snaps/ball handling on the first 3 looked questionable. Keep in mind he's been with the team for less than a week. Hanging in to kick the game winner should go a long way to getting him going.
He might turn it around, but kickers don’t always get many chances to redeem...

Puts NE’s fans on notice : we had something really good for so long. It’s rarer than some think, to have a top notch kicker.

Gostkowski was out last year with a hip injury combined with the need to obtain some cap space they thought he was expendable... many of these decisions were made when the Pats were up close to the cap... it is only after the settlements about Gordon & Hernandez and the opting out of Hightower, Chung and Cannon did the Pats have any cap money.

Rohrwasser(sp) still might be the answer, but we really do not know much.. may know more Sunday nite..

If this is the beginning of the end for Gost, happy he made that game winner at least. That was tough to watch up till that one.

Missing four kicks sounds more sounds like the end of the end. But we'll see.

4f0yyd.gif

Seeing the Bengals Bills and Rams kickers miss easy FGs and Folk earlier - anyone miss Gost yet? Lots of us were hating on him and here we are.

Folk ideally should not see November with this team. Who is out there? Hauschka?

I miss Gost from 5 years ago. Gost right now is just bad.

Vrabel gonna be taking a good long look at our ps after last night. Might force Bill to pick a kicker.

Or as Arians would put it "they both suck ass and need to kick those balls better because even I can make those kicks".

The holder is their pro bowl punter.... And the long snapper is an alternate pro bowler ...

If the Patriots' plan was to move Folk back to PS, they should probably think twice. I think he'd be on the next plane to Nashville.

Gostkowski was out last year with a hip injury combined with the need to obtain some cap space they thought he was expendable... many of these decisions were made when the Pats were up close to the cap... it is only after the settlements about Gordon & Hernandez and the opting out of Hightower, Chung and Cannon did the Pats have any cap money.

Cap might have had something to do with it, but the owners and coach both released those In Memoriam type placards when a long-term, beloved player leaves the team to never return. BB knew Gost with either done for good or done with the Pats for good. (my speculation)

I wrote my post as he missed his 3rd FG, which was the most make-able one (then he had the miss on the XP). Mike Vrabel looked like wanted to kill him before that last kick, so that's the only thing that saved him IMO.

If this is the beginning of the end for Gost, happy he made that game winner at least. That was tough to watch up till that one.
Why are you happy he made that kick? If you are hoping for a Pats PO berth, then you should've been hoping for a Titties' loss last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes