PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Key Players [Mac Jones/others] Isn't/Aren't Ready to Play

Just go through the game film and check every pass. I bet a shocking majority will be passed that are off the mark. Behind a receiver or too high or too low. Stuff that isn’t tracked on stat sheets but completely slow the pace of a game.

Mac is the type of guy who may have been pretty solid if he had Brady mentoring him for 2-3 seasons. A pocket passer has to make smart decisions, read the defense properly, call the right audibles. Mac isn’t him. Not yet.
Mac's never going to be him.

Nobody is.

Hence the reason why, Brady's the GOAT. :cool:

If Mac is the#1 issue name me a QB who can win with this offensive roster. When parker/Bourne are your #1 receivers

An OL that can't block and a non-existent running game. This isn't to cut Mac any slack but it's not like if we somehow put someone else in there all of a sudden the OL would block, Rhamondre would run for more than 3.5 per carry and parker/Bourne would suddenly be getting open at will like all pros.

We are losing because bill neglected offensive talent on offense. Everyone saw this coming all year. Now people are surprised and blaming Mac for all their woes.
Agree . Put mahomes here and watch people say the same thing about mahomes as they do for Mac.

Brady would have also been the same. 2019 season was telling in a way.

Long story short. No QB can survive this manhandling of QB in the form of our offensive line and slow mo receivers.
Mac is not terrific but he is the least of your problems on offense. If you want perspective go and watch the jets game against cowboys . You would be thanking our stars that we have Mac. Their line is in fact better than ours.

You want to pin point fingers start at
Bill followed by Anderson, strange Onwenu, juju, t brown, Parker , Boutte , rhamondre, Elliott before you come to Mac.

When your running backs average 3.5 you blame the line but when your QB gets an average of 2 seconds to complete and gets 7 sacks over 2 games you blame the QB. What hypocrisy..

Brady is not coming back and QB is a lottery and we got lucky with Mac.

You want to try it again . We might getore lucky and land either Zach Wilson or Mayfield or Carson Wentz. Pick your poison . Surround Mac with playmakers and we can possibly be like titans .

I blame the red hoodie. Nothing good ever comes from the red hoodie.

Could very well could be. BB did wear the dreaded red hoodie which is a portent of doom.

IIRC, the red hoodie was Linda Holliday's bright idea for Super Bowl 42. Since they've split you'd think the curse is lifted, but apparently not.

There are five guys in this league who can deliver when it is but cutting time. Mac’s trying to get it done. Those other 5 are getting it done, win or lose.

They are definitely better than last year despite the record. Our fans might not notice but other teams players and coaches know it. So far they have kept up the fight and made the games competitive and interesting. If they are going to beat the Patriots they have to play hard because They are not an easy out. I was expecting a slow start and a record of 1-3 to 2-5 out the gate and it looks like it may be worse?

At least the offense has a direction and the defense is showing promise. Gonzales looks lock down and all 3 Jones will be back eventually. Oline needs to be solved if this team is going to do anything this season. Without it, this offense will never be able to play catch up with some of the teams on the schedule. 25 and 24 points allowed against elite offenses should at least keep you in todays game which again, puts all the focus on offense, same as last year.

Year 4 for Mac and he looks no better than Daniel Jones. I’d hate to see them pony up his type of contract for the type of production he’s put out. He’s got 15 more games to make things right and hopefully the coaches put him in a position to succeed. Fix the oline asap and let’s see what he can do. Promising that when he has had time to throw he has been able to throw some pretty good looking deep balls. He just needs another second or two before he starts to connect imo.

Sure. That probably is something else they never thought of.

You can't always trust what you see on TV, maybe he had gas.
I can only go by the sequence shown on TV since I'm not in on the meetings. 4x the Patriots had short yardage on 3rd and 4th and all 4x they made it up the middle, whether a run by Rham or Ezekiel, or a QB sneak.

Then we had an audible to a stretch play.

Then there was a look of disgust by Bill over the switch.

This isn't a struggle for me to put those 3 things together and form a conclusion.

It’s called it, NE’s qb doesn’t have it. It can’t be developed, it’s already in them.
Ok so QBs can’t be developed or get better. They are either great or not the moment they come out of their moms twat ?

I can only go by the sequence shown on TV since I'm not in on the meetings. 4x the Patriots had short yardage on 3rd and 4th and all 4x they made it up the middle, whether a run by Rham or Ezekiel, or a QB sneak.

Then we had an audible to a stretch play.

Then there was a look of disgust by Bill over the switch.

This isn't a struggle for me to put those 3 things together and form a conclusion.

You absolutely do not know it was an audible from a dive or sneak to what you saw. Maybe the original play call was a run wide to the opposite side, a pass or an RPO. Maybe it was a fake audible and they ran what was called. Maybe the coach's "look of disgust" was simply because it didn't work, or a blocker missed his assignment, or someone lined up wrong. What you've done is present uninformed conjecture from what you saw on a TV broadcast. The one thing you're right about is not being at the meetings.

Maybe you didn't know this, but one of Mac's acknowledged strengths is pre-snap reads at the LOS and making necessary changes. The run audibles he called in Buffalo his rookie year were credited by coaches as one of the the keys to victory.

Ok so QBs can’t be developed or get better. They are either great or not the moment they come out of their moms twat ?
Yup that’s about right, you are starting to get it. They are what they are. Can they improve of course. But the top guys are born into where they are going to end up.

Yup that’s about right, you are starting to get it. They are what they are. Can they improve of course. But the top guys are born into where they are going to end up.
Well thankfully you explained it to me. Before tonight, I actually thought that people accomplished things though devotion, practice, hard work, and experience etc.

I guess it’s just about being part of the correct gene pool

Wow. I am learning so much today

You absolutely do not know it was an audible from a dive or sneak to what you saw. Maybe the original play call was a run wide to the opposite side, a pass or an RPO. Maybe it was a fake audible and they ran what was called. Maybe the coach's "look of disgust" was simply because it didn't work, or a blocker missed his assignment, or someone lined up wrong. What you've done is present uninformed conjecture from what you saw on a TV broadcast. The one thing you're right about is not being at the meetings.

Maybe you didn't know this, but one of Mac's acknowledged strengths is pre-snap reads at the LOS and making necessary changes. The run audibles he called in Buffalo his rookie year were credited by coaches as one of the the keys to victory.
If the Patriots coaching staff went away from what worked 4x in a row, that would not account for the look of disgust. Belichick would look sheepish and embarrassed. I do consider what you wrote above absolutely absurd. They are going to get cutesy on 4th and 1 when they know they can get push up the middle? Why?

If the Patriots coaching staff went away from what worked 4x in a row, that would not account for the look of disgust. Belichick would look sheepish and embarrassed. I do consider what you wrote above absolutely absurd. They are going to get cutesy on 4th and 1 when they know they can get push up the middle? Why?
You are ridiculously deep into your mind reading fantasy. Not even Club Corky is going to endorse your individual logic.

You are ridiculously deep into your mind reading fantasy. Not even Club Corky is going to endorse your individual logic.
What mind reading are you talking about? You guys thinking flea flicker on 4th and 1? Im thinking straight ahead plunge. That's not mind reading. That's common predicting of football plays. It's what happens every single play. They're going to run it. They're going to pass. You guys act like this is something no fan or announcer has ever done before. It's the most common thing in football.

All I asked is WHY wouldn't they do what worked several times during the game.

You have no answer.

If you think what I wrote is "absurd," you've entered fantasyland without a return ticket. Best of luck.

What mind reading are you talking about? You guys thinking flea flicker on 4th and 1? Im thinking straight ahead plunge. That's not mind reading. That's common predicting of football plays. It's what happens every single play. They're going to run it. They're going to pass. You guys act like this is something no fan or announcer has ever done before. It's the most common thing in football.

All I asked is WHY wouldn't they do what worked several times during the game.

You have no answer.
The mind reading part is where you say Belichick agrees with you.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back