PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Faulk as a player, and I hope he is on the team in 2007. (Especially since we apparently already paid him a $500K roster bonus)

But I am mindful that he has the ninth biggest cap hit on the team, and that we would save $2.25M on by cutting him ($2.75M if the bonus hasn't been paid).

But I am mindful that he has the ninth biggest cap hit on the team, and that we would save $2.25M on by cutting him ($2.75M if the bonus hasn't been paid).
There's not much to be gained by cutting him. We have no big outside FA to sign and internal FA we may sign wouldn't have a huge impact on the cap typically in the first year. We don't sign guys early very often, it's not something I expect to happen soon. Faulk will be here in 2007. It's another story for 2008 depending on his cap hit as we have some cap issues then.

B+ : fair point, insufficient sense of humor. ;) aww come on, ya call that a pissing match? on a football bboard that's positively a love fest!

Yeah, that was a bit strong. Insufficient sense of humor is correct. Maybe what I said wasn't funny -- I accept that; gotta break some eggs to make an omlette, or whatever that expression is.

But it had nothing to do with any kind of pathological hatred on my part of either the psychology field or language.

In fact, I love language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore