PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, Born_a_Pat--your avatar is giving me serious cognitive dissonance. :)

What I remember:

-Talked to Cory Dillion, he still plans on retiring but you never know what can happen

-Real exited about Moss...can't wait for him to come so they can start drawing stuff up

-The "moss bad reports" didn't bother him at all, he thinks it's all about football and it won't matter

-We don't really know what the situation was like for Moss, so he won't judge...and we'll see what he's really like when he comes to the pats and they have the right attitude

-He will get called out just like any other pat if he screws up or the attitude isn't right

-Winning seems to be on the plus side of attitude problems, it doesn't solve things but it helps

-See's his role as the same as ever...be ready for when my number is called and do my job

-One play can change a whole year, you never know what's going to happen you just have to be ready for any situation

-chairity softball game coming up with tons of pats playing in it: Watson, Welker, Wilfork, ect...

Interview still going but i gotta scoot!

What I remember:

-Talked to Cory Dillion, he still plans on retiring but you never know what can happen

-Real exited about Moss...can't wait for him to come so they can start drawing stuff up

-The "moss bad reports" didn't bother him at all, he thinks it's all about football and it won't matter

-We don't really know what the situation was like for Moss, so he won't judge...and we'll see what he's really like when he comes to the pats and they have the right attitude

-He will get called out just like any other pat if he screws up or the attitude isn't right

-Winning seems to be on the plus side of attitude problems, it doesn't solve things but it helps

-See's his role as the same as ever...be ready for when my number is called and do my job

-One play can change a whole year, you never know what's going to happen you just have to be ready for any situation

-chairity softball game coming up with tons of pats playing in it: Watson, Welker, Wilfork, ect...

Interview still going but i gotta scoot!

If I heard it correctly......Chad Jackson might play in the softball game...NO?

That would be great news IMO

BTW, Born_a_Pat--your avatar is giving me serious cognitive dissonance. :)

LOL

Cognitive dissonance is a psychological term which describes the uncomfortable tension that comes from holding two conflicting thoughts at the same time, or from engaging in behavior that conflicts with one's beliefs. More precisely, it is the perception of incompatibility between two cognitions, where "cognition" is defined as any element of knowledge, including attitude, emotion, belief, or behavior. The theory of cognitive dissonance states that contradicting cognitions serve as a driving force that compels the mind to acquire or invent new thoughts or beliefs, or to modify existing beliefs, so as to reduce the amount of dissonance (conflict) between cognitions. Experiments have attempted to quantify this hypothetical drive. Some of these examined how beliefs often change to match behavior when beliefs and behavior are in conflict.

LOL

Cognitive dissonance is a psychological term which describes the uncomfortable tension that comes from holding two conflicting thoughts at the same time, or from engaging in behavior that conflicts with one's beliefs. More precisely, it is the perception of incompatibility between two cognitions, where "cognition" is defined as any element of knowledge, including attitude, emotion, belief, or behavior. The theory of cognitive dissonance states that contradicting cognitions serve as a driving force that compels the mind to acquire or invent new thoughts or beliefs, or to modify existing beliefs, so as to reduce the amount of dissonance (conflict) between cognitions. Experiments have attempted to quantify this hypothetical drive. Some of these examined how beliefs often change to match behavior when beliefs and behavior are in conflict.

Cognitive dissonance: Very fancy term for the perception of feeling "conflicted." Developed in the early 20th century in anticipation of the time when more complicated language would be required to justify charging upwards of $300/hour.

Cognitive dissonance: Very fancy term for the perception of feeling "conflicted." Developed in the early 20th century in anticipation of the time when more complicated language would be required to justify charging upwards of $300/hour.

Actually, no. Feeling "conflicted" is a conscious state of confusion or mixed motivations. Cognitive dissonance theory suggests that the mind--without conscious rumination--changes interpretations, beliefs or attributions to attempt to reconcile dissonant cognitions and therefore avoid a conflicted state. The mental state resulting from cognitive dissonance processing is consistent and unconflicted, but with changed or erroneous beliefs. Class exercise: apply cognitive dissonance theory to experience of feeling a warm glow when looking at a green monster you've professed to loathe.

Actually, no. Feeling "conflicted" is a conscious state of confusion or mixed motivations. Cognitive dissonance theory suggests that the mind--without conscious rumination--changes interpretations, beliefs or attributions to attempt to reconcile dissonant cognitions and therefore avoid a conflicted state. The mental state resulting from cognitive dissonance processing is consistent and unconflicted, but with changed or erroneous beliefs. Class exercise: apply cognitive dissonance theory to experience of feeling a warm glow when looking at a green monster you've professed to loathe.

Ok, I amend my definition:

Cognitive dissonance: Very fancy term for a hypothetical theory about being unconsciously "conflicted." Developed in the early 20th century in anticipation of the time when more complicated language would be required to justify charging upwards of $300/hour.

Ok, I amend my definition:

Cognitive dissonance: Very fancy term for a hypothetical theory about being unconsciously "conflicted." Developed in the early 20th century in anticipation of the time when more complicated language would be required to justify charging upwards of $300/hour.

Solid work, AZ. B+ : Creative thinking, clear presentation. (Double-check sources; the theory was developed in the 1950s-60s to explain social phenomena; cf "When Prophesy Fails.")

Who knew my long-lost experimental psychology degree would prove so handy in discussing Kevin Faulk? :p

the depths of the offseason strike again...

Chad Jackson is definitely on the softball game list

LOL

so...Would this be a good example...

damn, my brand new car just went over that cliff...
My mother in law was in it.

?

You know the Pats fans here have to be among the most intelligent and sophisticated people on the planet who also love football. Now there's a cognitive dissonance scenario. How does one explain the beer-swilling monster-belly, knuckle-dragging football fan stereotype with the folks on this board...you can't get there from here!

8^)

You know the Pats fans here have to be among the most intelligent and sophisticated people on the planet who also love football. Now there's a cognitive dissonance scenario. How does one explain the beer-swilling monster-belly, knuckle-dragging football fan stereotype with the folks on this board...you can't get there from here!

8^)

The folks here are all wimps.

You should hang with OUR crowd in the balcony at the Boston Pops concerts!

Who knew my long-lost experimental psychology degree would prove so handy in discussing Kevin Faulk?
I feel cognitive dissonance every time Faulk catches the ball. Yea! He caught it for a first down! Oh, no! he's going to fumble again!

cognitive stupidity a pissing match about a definition of a psychological term that someone learned from their psyc 101 class and another person's hidden agenda against psychology and language.

Me Fix........

Chad Jackson is a softball.
I kind of had an affinity for wally, the new avitar makes me think what Brady's disdain towards Moss would be like if he started lagging his routs, and then left to the lockeroom with 2 minuets left to go in a game...JMO

PD.

cognitive stupidity a pissing match about a definition of a psychological term that someone learned from their psyc 101 class and another person's hidden agenda against psychology and language.

B+ : fair point, insufficient sense of humor. ;) aww come on, ya call that a pissing match? on a football bboard that's positively a love fest!

But on to the real meat of this thread: Chad Jackson playing softball, the ultimate offseason speculation nugget. It's been a while since a Patriots player spawned so much speculation, intrigue and frustration in such a short time. Suppose he is healthy, has a good offseason and camp. He's still signed long-term at short money...do you give him opportunities over some of the other guys in the logjam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes