PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk , a TRUE PATRIOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gotta chime in here. For years Faulk was so CLUTCH. Pats would bring him in on third down, everybody knew the ball was going to him on a screen or swing pass and he still would get the first down. Dude was amazing in his prime. He got robbed that night in Indy. Refs sure blew that spot.

Faulk is one of those guys that I never really appreciated, but now through the rear view mirror do so more than ever...

Remember the brouhaha when he got busted with a joint at a rap concert, who wuold've thunk that he would have done that???:)

Last edited:
"GOAT as a pure 3rd down back"

"This, and it's not even close. The dude always picked up the first it seemed like. Such a pesky annoying player. (As an opposing team's fan). "

"Easily the best 3rd down back ever imo. It was always extremely stressful watching him slip out of the backfield and pick up huge first down after huge first down twice a year."

"He was fine player. Money on 3rd down. I never had a problem with him, even though I'm sure alot of non-Patriots fans don't like him at all for how hard it was to stop him.

Hope he enjoys retirement."

"As a Bills fan, he was very, very annoying."

These quotes come from jets,bills and steelers fans.

This is a sad day for me. Kevin Faulk was a TRUE New England Patriot as Abdul said. I really held out hope that last year's tentative performance was merely due to the knee not being quite ready from the ACL tear, and perhaps he did also.

Whether the knee is better or not has been overtaken by events - - namely, Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, Bolden and (next year) Demps. The Pats are loaded at RB and Kevin evidently didn't want to play for any other team at this point in his career and family life.

Thank you, Mr. Faulk (to us Patriots fans, you will always be the REAL Mr. Faulk!).

Very well said, like T Brown and a few other ex Pat's I hope Faulk can find a place in the NE football world either as a local media guy or with the organization.

I look forward to him being in the Pats HOF someday.

He was a guy while not a all pro was a player who won the hearts of fans the way players ike Mosi Tatupu, T Brown and other "lunch pail" guy who worked hard and did whatever was asked of them.

People remember the clutch 3rd down catches and runs, but a play that sticks out for me was a block in the SB against Philly where he upended a LB who was blitzing. His ability to read the D and pick up the blitz was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back