PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kerry Byrne: Brady's 201-career win milestone is "one of the great achievements in American sports"

Status
Not open for further replies.
All stats lie but one. Wins. Brady numbers are staggering and 30 years from now, when younger people are talking about a great new QB, these numbers will be brought up and almost be unbelievable. Brady, and the Pats, have been this good.

A football season is 16 games, he has 201 wins, that's 201/16= 12.56

I wonder if anyone else, in any sport, is better?

Bball for example would be number of wins of say Jordan career divided by 82?

Same for every other sport

Maybe he isn't just the winningest QB, maybe he is the winning sports player ever any sport?

(Maybe total wins (201) divided by total games played would be better mathematical formula to rank the above)

Maybe he isn't just the winningest QB, maybe he is the winning sports player ever any sport?

(Maybe total wins (201) divided by total games played would be better mathematical formula to rank the above)

From what I can quickly find, Larry Bird has the winningest bball regular season % - .736 (73.6%). Tom Brady is sitting at .775 (77.5%) right now. Jordan is at .659 (65.9%). I quickly looked, and couldnt find combined playoffs/reg season stats though.

*American history.

In the anals of history, 3 things will be remembered, the discovery of fire, the Flint Michigan Mega Bowl and Tom Brady's 201st victory.

The Celtics come pretty darn close

Player / Regular Season / Playoffs / Combined
K.C. Jones / .737 / .651 / .725
Tom Heinsohn / .724 / .663 / .717
Larry Bird / 0.736 / 0.604 / 0.716
Sam Jones / 0.718 / 0.649 / 0.708
Bill Russell / 0.717 / 0.648 / 0.707
Bob Cousy / 0.655 / 0.578 / 0.647

My favorite sports statistic of all time is Bill Russell's career record in elimination games: In facing elimination games 30 times, Bill Russell won 28 times (since 1st year of college), including a 10-0 record when a series reached Game 7.

That is downright crazy.....dude was a killer

Last edited:
But it isn't 201. It might be 220, 230, hell even 250 before it is all over. It is a record that will stand for a long time, may never be broken. And Brady was not just along for the ride. In most of those games he was the best player on the field. And, nearing 40, that remains the case.

As the article points out, since he missed all but one game of the 2008 season, the number of wins should be divided, today, by 14.5. Assuming he starts the remaining four games, the right denominator would actually be 14.75 + 0.0625 (1/16), whatever that comes out to. However we do the math it's pretty damn amazing.

Otto Graham had a ridiculous win percentage, but he played at a time when the difference between elite players and scrubs was much, much wider than it is now.

Brady's accomplishment speaks to both pace and longevity...and he's not done.

Bill Russell

Otto Graham had a ridiculous win percentage, but he played at a time when the difference between elite players and scrubs was much, much wider than it is now.

Brady's accomplishment speaks to both pace and longevity...and he's not done.

For a short time here my sig said what it does now but had "if you don't count Otto Graham" at the end.

They need to reboot the old SNL skit with 4 Boston guys repeating....

"Hurricane Gloria v Brady?".........."BRADY"
"a tsunami, volcano and earthquake v Brady?"....."BRADY"

When Google can't find something, it asks Tom Brady for help.

Tom Brady once ordered a Big Mac at Burger King... and got one.

If Tom Brady mailed a letter without postage, it would still get there.

If Tom Brady dialed a wrong number, the person on the other end of the line wouldn't admit it.

When Tom Brady feels a breeze it’s not the wind, it’s just the air getting out of his way.

Tom Brady CAN teach an old dog new tricks.

Unbreakable unless the season gets extended to 18 games and it still will be tough to break

Bill Russell

Russell will always be on top of the pantheon of Boston sports with Brady. It's just football is a much harder sport. Then again, 11 titles is amazing. I have an autographed jersey of both.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick