PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Coleman traded to SEA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why play him so many snaps if you're trading him the next day anyway? Seems like a weird way to jeopoardize the draft pick you have coming in if he gets hurt, might as well give those snaps to Moore or Travis.

What do you mean?
Coleman didn't play last night. Moore and Travis hardly left the field.

BTW - let me post this also here since its sort of on topic (for those who don't follow NFL cut.. thread):

Keenan Reynolds (ex Navy) waived by Ravens.
Ha was almost a sure Pat thing last draft.
Punt returner:

He fits the Hawks D scheme better. Good trade.

BB : the most hilarious & fun GM in the league. Cardona, Slater, Edelman as a WR... love me some BB.
Added to the list: Ebner and Stephen Neal (who beat Brock Lesnar as a college/NCAA wrestler)

Excellent! Best of luck to Coleman, who I had behind Moore anyway. Now let's pick up another draft pick for Waddle, who IMO should lose out to Croston.

Hmm..

Pats send Coleman to SEA for low rounder.
SEA swaps 7th rounders w Jetes.
Do Pats get Jetes high 7th or SEA low 6th is what i meant with hmm..?

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes Coleman?? I thought his play during TC and Preseason games was very good. I don't like the Guys after Rowe. JJ is toast and can't cover a jar and Kenny Moore is a midget. That said Pete Carroll have a good eye for CB's I think he got a decent one for nothing.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes Coleman?? I thought his play during TC and Preseason games was very good. I don't like the Guys after Rowe. JJ is toast and can't cover a jar and KJ Maye is a midget. That said Pete Carroll have a good eye for CB's I think he got a decent one for nothing.
Thank god midget KJ isn't a corner

...Now let's pick up another draft pick for Waddle, who IMO should lose out to Croston.

Nobody is trading anything - at all - for the Waddle.

And Croston should really spend this season on the PS; maybe then, one year from now, he might actually be able to lift 225 lbs more than RBs & Safeties already do.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes Coleman?? I thought his play during TC and Preseason games was very good. I don't like the Guys after Rowe. JJ is toast and can't cover a jar and KJ Maye is a midget. That said Pete Carroll have a good eye for CB's I think he got a decent one for nothing.

I thought Coleman looked a bit better in coverage this pre-season, and that he played more ST. IDK.

KJ Maye is a WR, not a CB, I think. Maybe you meant to write Kenny Moore? Both are on the small side.

Nobody is trading anything - at all - for the Waddle.

Quite possibly not, we'll see. Given the dearth of OTs in this league, a 26 year old who's started a couple of dozen games seems likely to find a job. (And yesterday, did you consider Justin Coleman to be worthy trade bait?)

And Croston should really spend this season on the PS; maybe then, one year from now, he might actually be able to lift 225 lbs more than RBs & Safeties already do.

IMO bench press reps are a highly overrated stat, and easily overridden by actually watching the player on the field as we've done. I'm kind of surprised that's what you're fixating on...you're usually more focused on foot quickness of linemen (which I agree with), and Croston's shuttle and VJ scores are very promising.

Surprised we got anything out of him. He's not any good. Easily replaceable, if he even had a place on the team.

...(And yesterday, did you consider Justin Coleman to be worthy trade bait?)...
No I didn't, but Coleman doesn't suck as badly at his position as the Waddle does at his; and Seattle (from whose PS he was originally signed) obviously sees something in him that they like, at least well enough to part with one of their 7th-rounders. (I believe that they still have at least one more 7th, unlike us - another reason why I would not have traded anything at all for Marqueeze the Flower.)

And we should all pray to whichever God we worship that the OL remains as healthy this year as it last last year, because we - once again - have the Worst group of backup OLmen in football, including the not-ready-for-prime-time Croston.

And we should all pray to whichever God we worship that the OL remains as healthy this year as it last last year, because we - once again - have the Worst group of backup OLmen in football, including the not-ready-for-prime-time Croston.

Captain, have you actually looked at the OL depth charts around the league? You don't think Karras & Fleming could make any other roster? They would be starters for some teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes