PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just when you thought Brandon Spikes was getting smarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classless post by spikes....

...Santa at the very least deserves a Glenlivet 18.

Couldn't agree more.

I gave my groomsmen each a bottle of Glenlivet 18 and a 'genuine' boxed Cohiba Siglo IV cigar shipped from Switzerland, and I think it went right over most of their heads...much to my dismay and a 150 dollar pricetag for each set of gifts.

In Spikes' case though, Santa deserved better.

Couldn't agree more.

I gave my groomsmen each a bottle of Glenlivet 18 and a 'genuine' boxed Cohiba Siglo IV cigar shipped from Switzerland, and I think it went right over most of their heads...much to my dismay and a 150 dollar pricetag for each set of gifts.

In Spikes' case though, Santa deserved better.

Cohiba's from Switzerland? I thought they came from Cuba...

Cohiba's from Switzerland? I thought they came from Cuba...

Well obviously they do. They are made in Cuba and come with the seal of the Cuban government on each wrapper/box etc. They also have a numeric code so you can actually check the authenticity via some government websites. They are then shipped out to various parts of the world, but rarely go directly to anywhere in the United States for obvious reasons.

Switzerland comes into play because they have some of the finest cigar shops in the world there, and do not have to worry about any bans on Cuban products.

If you want some of the best cigars, Switzerland is actually your best bet. You can find genuine Honduras + Cubans there in bulk.

As long as he is on our team and hitting opposing players, I can live with anything from Spikes.

I would never want to play against a guy who is that dumb and plays with such reckless abandon.

Good for him for sticking to what he said, I guess.

"Santa Claus & His Old Lady" is my favorite Christmas bit.

Cheech & Chong ~ Santa Claus And His Old Lady - YouTube

And CokaDopaHol is cool too, when taken in moderation in a safe environment, of course.
That cheech and chong bit was the first thing i thought of but i could find a picture of both i really liked, so i went with Obama. Its not a political statement, its just a cool pic. that was on the cheech and chong image page.

Last edited:
If this dope played for another team and was doing these type of tweets the board would be burning up from indignation.
I doubt you'll see this guy get another contract here, especially if his game falls off any. He is slow afoot and slow between the ears.

I keep hearing him referred to as an idiot. I've had a face to face conversation with the guy before and, while he seems to lack common sense, I didn't come away with the impression that he was an idiot. He was actually pretty well spoken. But, then again, I had been drinking in my visit to Gainesville and could be mistaken.

The real issue for mine is the poor sense of humor Spikes possesses.

I actually thought it was pretty funny, to be honest. Then again, I'm an idiot.

If this dope played for another team and was doing these type of tweets the board would be burning up from indignation.
I doubt you'll see this guy get another contract here, especially if his game falls off any. He is slow afoot and slow between the ears.

When was the last time a tweet from a player was brought up here? Sherman's tweet about Brady? Do you think that no player in the NFL has made an idiotic tweet in the past three months?

It was a joke no more no less, I would feel the same if Peyton made the joke.

I love it. I'm glad especially that he won't apologize. Seriously, who cares. As he so eloquently said: "Is u don't like it just unfollow already damn." Indeed, Brandon, indeed.

As he so eloquently said: "Is u don't like it just unfollow already damn."

Ah, yes. One cannot underappreciate a University of Florida undergraduate education.

Have you been taking some advice from Spikes and snorting the white stuff? :rolleyes:

I'm not necessarily saying that I personally have a problem with it, because I truly don't; but an organization who has proven in the past to take their public perception pretty seriously may indeed think a little longer when it comes to offering that big money contract to him next season.

He has stepped up nicely this season to play in almost every game, with a sack and an INT to go along with 4 fumbles caused and 7 passes defended.

Before that though, he certainly wasn't setting the world on fire as he had never had a sack, an INT, or a fumble caused or recovered. He also came into this season with attitude, consistency, and durability issues (only having played in about 60% of the games in his first 2 yrs).

I think next year will certainly go a LONG way in determining the proper value for him in terms of what they will offer for a long term deal. Will it be closer to this year's production or the first 2 years? I also think there's a possibility that they will consider his overall attitude and actions into the whole equation. I certainly don't think it will be a deal breaker, but I think they'll want the kind of production that this year brought above anything else.

While they don't count in the statistics his two other sacks declared to be roughing the passer, need to be added to his stats in my opinion...

I keep hearing him referred to as an idiot. I've had a face to face conversation with the guy before and, while he seems to lack common sense, I didn't come away with the impression that he was an idiot. He was actually pretty well spoken. But, then again, I had been drinking in my visit to Gainesville and could be mistaken.

I like how you decided to follow up your terrible posting earlier in the thread with this not at all subtle brag. A+

Sah-wing battah... sah-wing

gimme sum chin music then

I have found his tweets to be often inappropriate and offensive, with frequent vulgarities and misogynistic messages. But I just can't wait for him to get a free rush on Peyton....

Luckily Goodell can't suspend someone for making a joke, though I don't doubt that he'd try.

CORRECTION: He won't suspend anyone in the league OTHER THAN a Patriot player. For the Pats he would make a certain player "The example" I think for Spikes this was done in very bad taste and ignorantly. Twitter is a wide open fish bowl where everyone can see anything and everything. There unfortuneatly are kids whose parents let them have twitter accounts and they read all this stuff. I think these celebrities just have to think that EVERYTHING that they are typing on that thing (Twitter) is going to be read right away by a kid.....Should they post it then? These celebrities/sports stars are unfortuneatly under the microscope and every Joe Douchebag media guy is just looking for something to put on the front page. Unfortuneatly Spikes gave them a juicy headline....I am sure BB and Kraft are reaming him as we speak.....

Stupid joke that he should have kept to himself.

This guy seems to be oblivious of the fact that as a professional athlete there's a decorum that is expected of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes