PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just watched 4th Quarter of SB 49 again

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
for the millionth time, and a series of Seahawk fan reaction Youtubes as well (Beast Mode! Beast Mode ! Fuuuuuck!!!!!!!! Why did they throw it?!?!?! why did they throw it???!?!?!?)

And 2 things, His GOATness shined through massively in the 4th quarter of course.

But I have to admit that I felt some sadness over Butler. How is Malcolm Butler not an all time Patriot hero no matter what? He is AFAIK.

Butler saved part of the GOATs legacy. (And jeez did Hightower take a risk by grabbing at Butler right after the pick. I know he was just trying to "secure" things but in that split second moment it seems he could have eff'd up Butler's control of the ball.)

That’s funny. I just got through watching the entire second half of SB51.

Butler and Vinatieri are probably the two guys I'm most sad about not finishing their career as a Patriot for life.

I really hope we don't add a certain name to that list. Yes, obviously I'm talking about Grissom.

I’ve never seen a bloated bandwagon quite like the 2013-14 Seattle Seahawks Dynotsty. The millions of Instafans crying over the interception and Russell “Im elite...what happened on that play coach? I have no idea why he intercepted it because you told me to throw it there” Wilson jogging off the field while soon proclaiming god was testing him. Although 51 will stand the test of time for its comeback, 49 will always be my favorite.

Butler and Vinatieri are probably the two guys I'm most sad about not finishing their career as a Patriot for life.

I really hope we don't add a certain name to that list. Yes, obviously I'm talking about Grissom.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Richards is gone.

For me, I'd add Willie to that list.

49 was an amazing game regardless of the Patriots win. Back and forth action throughout the whole game. Respect to both the teams that game for gifting us with one of the best football games of all time.

for the millionth time, and a series of Seahawk fan reaction Youtubes as well (Beast Mode! Beast Mode ! Fuuuuuck!!!!!!!! Why did they throw it?!?!?! why did they throw it???!?!?!?)

And 2 things, His GOATness shined through massively in the 4th quarter of course.

But I have to admit that I felt some sadness over Butler. How is Malcolm Butler not an all time Patriot hero no matter what? He is AFAIK.

Butler saved part of the GOATs legacy. (And jeez did Hightower take a risk by grabbing at Butler right after the pick. I know he was just trying to "secure" things but in that split second moment it seems he could have eff'd up Butler's control of the ball.)

Actually, if Browner doesn't absolutely stone that receiver who was supposed to pick, there is no play for Butler. I would say another CB could have made that play, but I'm not sure another CB than Browner could have made the set up.

49 was an amazing game regardless of the Patriots win. Back and forth action throughout the whole game. Respect to both the teams that game for gifting us with one of the best football games of all time.
I think over time, 51 will make people forget how good 49 was. I think it was Sal Pal (I know) who said 49 was this generation’s Ice Bowl.

Butler will/should always be hero in these parts.

I think over time, 51 will make people forget how good 49 was. I think it was Sal Pal (I know) who said 49 was this generation’s Ice Bowl.
As a football fan I'd watch 49 over 51, as a Patriots fan give me 51. 51 was a sloppy game what made it an all time great was that comeback

Love both games but it’s true that 49 was better played. The thing with 51 is you spent so much time on the edge of your seat. I about had a stroke between the tie up and coin toss for over time

During both games I whined to the point I threatened to turn off the game and go to bed, and both times my wife essentially called me a pessimistic idiot and quitter. She was obviously right.

I actually felt like in SB49 down 24-14 and punting in the fourth quarter they were more doomed than at any point during the Falcons game. It just felt like the Seahawks had the Patriots right where they wanted them. With the Falcons, it was more about anger of being the better team and laying an egg, but I had hope until it was 28-3, after two more major defensive breakdowns. At that point it was just a matter of doing the math and believing it was over.

It’s amazing to think that after everything Brady did in his career, in 2014 his two most legendary performances (maybe the two most gutsy QB performances in SB history for any player) were still yet to come. It’s like the word legend isn’t enough with TB12. But I’m sure any top-15 QB would have done the same thing.

Love both games but it’s true that 49 was better played. The thing with 51 is you spent so much time on the edge of your seat. I about had a stroke between the tie up and coin toss for over time
And you did not die when Kearse made that catch?

I was fortunate enough to attend SB 49 surrounded by Seattle fans, most of who were respectable but there was a pair of vertically challenged weebel like boyfriend/girlfriend who were talking crap sitting in front of us.. All I said when Pats were down 10 points was, " it's not over as long as Brady is out there". As soon as Butler made the int, I looked around and they were gone, never to be seen.........
Definitely best sporting event I ever attended....

Great game.. probably the best sb ever... IMO...

BUT.. don't give up... cuz butlers butt might return here some day , possibly like Chung did..? You never know in this league. On his current track, Titans could cut him next year and he comes back as career special teamer ..

The difference between the emotions of 49 and 51 was night and day. 49 was an emotional roller coaster ride that I'm glad I experienced but hope to never relive again. 51 was rise from the dead type of experience. Both were unbelievable.

I watched the first three with basically my brother and friends. The last two were with my kids, my brother and friends. Will always be grateful. What a freaking gift it was to be able to watch the last two with my kids and nephews. WTF.

The joy of both 49 and 51 made up for the misery that was 05-13. It seems like each of those years there was one little thing, call, play, injury that kept the pats from advancing or winning it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News