PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julio Lugo

$22.5 mill is what is preventing the Sox from moving on from him right now.

I know but you're paying it anyway, why not get production out of the kid while prepping him...heck, even if you have to up/down him like Ellsbury last year or Youk way back when, at least the kid gets reps and Lugo gets to think about why he's crap, and has been crap for longer than this "skid". Perhaps Lugo backs up a few days, they gotta do something, the rest of the lineup needs an infusion, and we know it ain't coming from Crisp (but we need him on D), Drew's pretty much at the acme what more could you ask of him generally, Youk and Lowell are pretty much stayin the course and grinding out some great at bats to keep it alive. Meanwhile you have Manny's struggling, Dusty's on fire, and we all knew Tek would struggle at the plate; it seems to me that it's Lugo that has to step back so we can bring in a new face - he brings the least on both cumulative sides of the ball, and it truly looks like we need something from an outside source 'cause Casey, god love him, is not it in my eyes.

Last edited:
Renteria blamed his awful defense on the infield.

Drew's child had a pretty serious medical issue last season. I'm sure that had a big part in his struggles.
Yes, and he also blamed it on the back injury. He had 14 road errors in 2005 and 16 at Fenway. If the infield was a problem, it wasn't nearly as significant as the back injuries.

And Drew's kid was put into a cast in August. He was struggling way before that. He actually started to perform significantly better after his kid had to be put into the cast, so I don't think it had any part in his struggles.

Funny thing about Lugo is that his name never comes up in roids or HGH talk ... when he was in Florida ... he was juiced ... no question and Theo was too dumb(obsessed) to factor that in.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back