PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julio Lugo

patsfanofNC12

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Comes back in his first game for the season and just out of his rehab assignment and goes 2-3 with a walk, a run, and a rbi. Not to mention the rbi came in the 7th to put them up 8-7. The Sox may have lost that game but if Julio hits like that the whole season we are going to have a much better team!

i hate lugo the lugi. the guy cant even catch a perfectly thrown ball from youk. he absolutely sucks . what theo ever saw in him ill never know. the sooner he is gone the better. i would rather have green in there than lug nut. its one of gods great miracles that the sox won a WS with that bum in the line up.

Last edited:
i hate lugo the lugi. the guy cant even catch a perfectly thrown ball from youk. he absolutely sucks . what theo ever saw in him ill never know. the sooner he is gone the better. i would rather have green in there than lug nut. its one of gods great miracles that the sox won a WS with that bum in the line up.

I couldn't agree more! I can't stand him and didn't he have some errors last night? He sucks and I would rather have Nick Green in his spot. Just my 2 cents.

I couldn't agree more! I can't stand him and didn't he have some errors last night? He sucks and I would rather have Nick Green in his spot. Just my 2 cents.
Add another person to the list that agrees with you...when are the Sox gonna find a GOOD all around SS??

Add another person to the list that agrees with you...when are the Sox gonna find a GOOD all around SS??

When they trade the farm for Hanley Ramirez. J/K :D

The Sox may have lost that game but if Julio hits like that the whole season we are going to have a much better team!

No, because he cost them more in the field than he gave them at bat. I don't know if the knee is still a problem, but his range was terrible last night, and his range is the only tool he has. There were atleast 3 hits that Nick Green turns into outs (and green isnt even that good), besides the error.

No, because he cost them more in the field than he gave them at bat. I don't know if the knee is still a problem, but his range was terrible last night, and his range is the only tool he has. There were atleast 3 hits that Nick Green turns into outs (and green isnt even that good), besides the error.

I don't know that he's always going to do that(drop perfect relay throws for DPs). Wasn't his defense his saving grace last year? Sure wasn't the stick.
Though I'm as annoyed as the rest, I am willing to grant him the mulligan and just hope that he can find those skills again.
Plus, first day back from injury.
I say hand him some slack.
If poor fielding continues however....

Last edited:
First game back and people are already ripping him to shreds...

Last edited:
I don't know that he's always going to do that(drop perfect relay throws for DPs). Wasn't his defense his saving grace last year? Sure wasn't the stick.
Though I'm as annoyed as the rest, I am willing to grant him the mulligan and just hope that he can find those skills again.
Plus, first day back from injury.
I say hand him some slack.
If poor fielding continues however....

His defense is what hurts the team most. You can get by with a SS with no bat, but that position is extremely reliant on good defense.

In his half season last year, Lugo put up a decent avg. and obp but didn't hit for any power.

I just want a SS who plays great defense.

yup they are and justifiably so. he blows. lowrie and green are both better ss.

Lowrie is done for a LONG time.

Green has more errors this year than Lugo had at this point last year.

Lowrie is done for a LONG time.

Green has more errors this year than Lugo had at this point last year.
lugo cant hit and he cant field. the errors at this point of the season are meaningless because of the short season so far and green has more range than lugo. balls that green can get to lugo cant.

lugo cant hit and he cant field. the errors at this point of the season are meaningless because of the short season so far and green has more range than lugo. balls that green can get to lugo cant.

He was hitting around .290 before his injuries knocked him out ofr the year. The drop off in 20 points in his batting average is a direct correlation to his injuries.

Lugo has had consistently better defense than Green through his career and is rated as the better fielder among the two. But why listen to anything like that when you have already made up your mind about him after one game :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He was hitting around .290 before his injuries knocked him out ofr the year. The drop off in 20 points in his batting average is a direct correlation to his injuries.

Lugo has had consistently better defense than Green- his freaking stats prove it.

Get your f-in facts right.
first off you have provided zero stats. lugos spring training batting average is that what your referring to? that's just beyond weak doctor efin98. whats your excuse for lugi last year? if lowrie was healthy lugo would never see the field. this isn't lugos first year with the sox. he has a history of sucking. open your eyes doc. lol lugo has had plenty of time to prove himself and hes failed miserably.

Last edited:
first off you have provided zero stats. Lugos spring training batting average is that what your referring to? that's just beyond weak doctor efin98.

No. His actual batting average from last year. He was hitting .268 when he was lost for the year.

whats your excuse for lugi last year?

I actually double checked his stats compared with Green's this year. Green is hitting better so far but Lugo did better defensively overall. Lugo got hurt sometime in late May or early June and his play flopped- started to make more errors and hit less.

His stats are also skewed so far in the games because of one terrible game that Lugo had in Toronto- Green hasn't played there this year, I'll bet bottom dollar that he does as poorly.

If lowrie was healthy lugo would never see the field.

They are not going sit their $4 million shortstop in favor of him despite what your beliefs are. They didn't last year, they won't this year. Green isn't supposed to be on the team let alone playing, if not for the Lowrie injury he would be in Pawtuckett.

this isn't lugos first year with the sox. he has a history of sucking. open your eyes doc. lol

Read some stats and put down your baseball cards. Read what the writers were saying about him and Green and the injury- he's the better defense, Green the better bat. Two years ago proved they will go with the defense over the bat especially when the alternative is a glorified AAA shortstop.

Last edited:
No. His actual batting average from last year. He was hitting .268 when he was lost for the year.

I actually double checked his stats compared with Green's this year. Green is hitting better so far but Lugo did better defensively overall. Lugo got hurt sometime in late May or early June and his play flopped- started to make more errors and hit less.

His stats are also skewed so far in the games because of one terrible game that Lugo had in Toronto- Green hasn't played there this year, I'll bet bottom dollar that he does as poorly.

They are not going sit their $4 million shortstop in favor of him despite what your beliefs are. They didn't last year, they won't this year. Green isn't supposed to be on the team let alone playing, if not for the Lowrie injury he would be in Pawtuckett.

Read some stats and put down your baseball cards. Read what the writers were saying about him and Green and the injury- he's the better defense, Green the better bat. Two years ago proved they will go with the defense over the bat especially when the alternative is a glorified AAA shortstop.

not one stat in the entire post lol. your the one bringing up stats and now you say they are skewed. :D you should do a comedy routine.

Last edited:
not one stat in the entire post lol. your the one bringing up stats and now you say they are skewed. :D you should do a comedy routine.

.268 batting average is a stat. In fact it was his biggest knock in 2007- the fact that he was hitting so well negates the points about him not hitting.

There is also the "better defensively" claim- Lugo had the same amount of error the same amount of games as Green has this year. His strong defense is a proven fact, Green isn't even a shortstop- he's a second baseman! No team will put him in as an every day shortstop over a guy who is a proven shortstop especially one who has proven to be a better defensive shortstop than him.

The fact that you ignored every one of those points tells me all I need to know- I could put every single stat out there about the attributes of both and you would ignore them due to your preconceived notions about him.

You want hard stat? See for yourself:
Green: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/greenni01.shtml
Lugo: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lugoju01.shtml

Interpret it how you like, I know you have already made up your mind so posting the stats is pointless but there they are.

Last edited:
.268 batting average is a stat. In fact it was his biggest knock in 2007- the fact that he was hitting so well negates the points about him not hitting.

There is also the "better defensively" claim- Lugo had the same amount of error the same amount of games as Green has this year. His strong defense is a proven fact, Green isn't even a shortstop- he's a second baseman! No team will put him in as an every day shortstop over a guy who is a proven shortstop especially one who has proven to be a better defensive shortstop than him.

The fact that you ignored every one of those points tells me all I need to know- I could put every single stat out there about the attributes of both and you would ignore them due to your preconceived notions about him.

Green: Nick Green Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com
Lugo: Julio Lugo Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

Interpret it how you like, I know you have already made up your mind so posting the stats is pointless but there they are.

Good job efin and I agree why judge after his first day back from injury, wait a month at least before comments being made of his sucking. Just because he shows limited range after a knee injury in his first game back doesn't mean he just cost us a WS. Also, he is good enough to be playing in the Majors so he has earned the right for a period to get his legs back under him. You can't just jump back into the majors after an injury and go back to normal, the pitchers are too good, you have to get back in the groove.

Green: Nick Green Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com
Lugo: Julio Lugo Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

lmao lugo is a proven ss? omg :D hes proven to be very bad. lugos strong defense is a proven fact? lol. ok im waisting my time here. back to la la land for you. if not for lowrie riding the pine lugo would be sitting on the bench.

Last edited:
Good job efin and I agree why judge after his first day back from injury, wait a month at least before comments being made of his sucking. Just because he shows limited range after a knee injury in his first game back doesn't mean he just cost us a WS. Also, he is good enough to be playing in the Majors so he has earned the right for a period to get his legs back under him. You can't just jump back into the majors after an injury and go back to normal, the pitchers are too good, you have to get back in the groove.
lugo sucked before the year even started. hes been on the team what? 2 years? ive seen enough to know that out of all the SS the redsox could have had since 04 hes by far the worst of the bunch.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back