PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jules and Thor review Frozen 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew 12:36. I have no doubt that you think Jesus is a myth; someday you'll learn otherwise, and you won't enjoy it.

For an educated individual you've completely missed my point.

Matthew 12:36. I have no doubt that you think Jesus is a myth; someday you'll learn otherwise, and you won't enjoy it.

So not only are you far superior intellectually, but you also have the Power of God on your side?
Wayyylll, Shezayum, Gomer.Ahm mahhty impressed.

Wow, I thought you were a twit before but now you have removed all doubt. No one with half a brain considers any of the three you listed as on the same level as Hemingway. Melville is several levels above Twain or Steinbeck - I have never met you and I'm embarrassed for you that you are so oblivious to your fathomless ignorance as to type a sentence that values those two above Hemingway - but, good as he is, he didn't change all of literature as did Hemingway.

You can find plenty of third-rate hacks who teach Comp 101 at community colleges who will disparage Hemingway for the price of a latte at Starbucks, and it's a sure sign of a tyro who has no understanding whatsoever of literature or art. You'll never find an important critic who puts any of the writers you listed above Hemingway. No writer since Shakespeare has influenced literature as much as he did. I could teach you but it would take months, or in your case more likely years, and you would be too busy mocking to learn anything.

Every two-bit producer in Hollywood knows what subtext is, and faults any script that doesn't have it in the dialogue. There was no subtext before Hemingway: every writer, Shakespeare included, told the reader what he was supposed to feel at any given moment. Hemingway so thoroughly changed literature, and by extension art, that it's impossible to fully grasp his influence because it's everywhere.

Wrong.

For an educated individual you've completely missed my point.
Here's a simple test for you, which I have little doubt you'll flunk with flying colors. If Jesus returned five minutes from now, whom do you think would enjoy that less, me or you? Keep in mind, before you answer, that the verse I quoted a few minutes ago is in effect all the time; Jesus, being the creator of the universe and all, has a pretty decent memory, and can keep up with everything you say.

Maybe if you took the time actually to read the book I quoted from, you might gain enough appreciation for it, and most importantly its author, to not mock and distort it. I already gave the Biblical retort to your juvenile accusation that somehow I'm being irreligious by defending myself, said retort being the minor fact that the apostle Paul did so dozens of times all throughout his letters. But you want to believe that in your world you can verbally abuse and mock people all you want, and then take it a step further and try to hide behind a mangling of the book that condemns you for said mockery.

So not only are you far superior intellectually, but you also have the Power of God on your side?
Wayyylll, Shezayum, Gomer.Ahm mahhty impressed.
I would not want to be you when Christ returns. Not for all the money in the world.

I would not want to be you when Christ returns. Not for all the money in the world.

Methinks you are in for a rude awakening at the end of days.
Kinda reminds me of Osama bin laden bragging about the 1,000 virgins awaiting him in paradise.
Not that I'm equating your small-time false pride with that murdering scumbag, but you got a little Pharisee in you bro.
Might wanna pray on that,Jethro.
Your take on Hemingway is very subjective and despite your claims, not a majority opinion among serious literary critics over the past 75+ years.

Luke 14:8-11

8 (Jesus said: ) “When you are invited by someone to a wedding feast, do not sit down in a place of honor, lest someone more distinguished than you be invited by him, 9and he who invited you both will come and say to you, ‘Give your place to this person,’ and then you will begin with shame to take the lowest place. 10But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, move up higher.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you. 11For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Zuma 11:27:19

"I need a beer"

Here's a simple test for you, which I have little doubt you'll flunk with flying colors. If Jesus returned five minutes from now, whom do you think would enjoy that less, me or you? Keep in mind, before you answer, that the verse I quoted a few minutes ago is in effect all the time; Jesus, being the creator of the universe and all, has a pretty decent memory, and can keep up with everything you say.

Maybe if you took the time actually to read the book I quoted from, you might gain enough appreciation for it, and most importantly its author, to not mock and distort it. I already gave the Biblical retort to your juvenile accusation that somehow I'm being irreligious by defending myself, said retort being the minor fact that the apostle Paul did so dozens of times all throughout his letters. But you want to believe that in your world you can verbally abuse and mock people all you want, and then take it a step further and try to hide behind a mangling of the book that condemns you for said mockery.
Paul’s purpose and intent was not defending himself from insult or worse, but spreading the Gospel of ************ and trying to reach those who did not believe. His greatest criticism was reserved for false teachers. You kind of seem like Paul before the road to Damascus

The problem is that although you pretend to be holier than thou your enormous ego gets in the way.

What???

A Jesus test?

You think Jesus wants you to flaunt your "prestigious degrees" on a football forum??

Hahaha

The problem is that although you pretend to be holier than thou your enormous ego gets in the way.

What???

A Jesus test?

You think Jesus wants you to flaunt your "prestigious degrees" on a football forum??

Hahaha
You go where the Good Book takes you.

You go where the Good Book takes you.

Thinking out loud here but how could I flunk a theoretical test based on a theological perspective? Haha.

You guys are being trolled by a gimmick and it owns, though a little too much effort

You guys are being trolled by a gimmick and it owns, though a little too much effort

I'm not so sure. This superiority outburst started in the KVN elite eats thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back