PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jules and Thor review Frozen 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can assure you that I have no need to look in the mirror, nor am I insecure in the slightest. I suppose you just smile and thank them when people insult you. Somehow I doubt it. But you're certainly great at sanctimony and fatuousness.

You do realize that every now and then Harvard grads and Mensa folk get outdone? Just as a pertinent example, none of the greatest writers in the history of this country are Harvard grads. More than a couple of them did go to the Iowa Writer's Workshop, but I'm sure you knew that. If you tried telling anyone who knows anything about writing that a master's degree in creative writing from Harvard is as valuable as one from the Writing Seminars they would laugh in your face. It's kind of the same principle as film school: Columbia has one, and even though overall they're a higher-ranked university than the University of Southern California, USC is regarded by everyone who knows anything at all about film as being the top film school in the country, which is why I did my screenwriting degree there. But I'm sure you have degrees from two different programs that respectively are the #2 and #1 programs in the country for their fields. Or maybe you just like playing a pompous ja@k@ss.

You'll be waiting a long time indeed if you wait for me to take advice from you, on football or anything else.

Pompous jack@ss? Yes, that pretty much describes you.
Oth, I'm sure you are a true American literary genius. Whatta you got, 4 or 5 Pulitzers?

I can't wait to see who proves they are the smartest!
giphy.gif

I went to Hopkins Kindergarten. Ok, it was a kindergarten on Hopkins road. But the class was only 15 people and there were 3 teac..err professors so it's a 5:1 ratio and I was star of the week once.

See if you can follow here, genius: I mentioned said degree initially only in response to another poster, whom I had not addressed in any way, personally insulting me and implying I had no accomplishments in life, or something of the sort (that post has been weeks ago now - I realize some of you have no life and probably have every post here memorized, but I actually work for a living). Then the poster to whom I responded a couple days ago with further details on my degree, implied that said degree was only an online degree from Hopkins.

I was merely correcting a fool in his foolishness.

And if you think writers don't brag, you really know absolutely nothing about writers. Writers are a notoriously arrogant lot, and generally the better the writer the more arrogant he is. If you read Shakespeare's Sonnet 18, he basically says that as long as humans are on this earth they'll be reading his words - and he's right. Hemingway had an ego bigger than the continental U.S., and he could back it up.
The Big Fish got the old man in the end though.

I just had a pepperoni pizza for the 2nd night in a row. Damn, does that make me
a bad person?
No, as long as you stayed away from the soda.

Also I make mistakes all the time but I'm not the one bragging about the various scholarships I got to creative writing programs in the 90's on a football message board.
What is in the water in Tennessee? A good writer doesn’t just drop a finished piece. It’s re-write after re-write. I laugh and make fun of posters mistakes here just as much as my own. Most of the time it’s carelessness whether you’re the quintessential Hopkins man or the National Sportswriter who gets caught for plagiarism or kicking the tomato can down the alley one too many times.

Yesssssss
You just can’t help yourself.

A few weeks ago you emphatically stated that Patriots O linemen have no business going out to dinner with their wives mid week during season

And now Edelman shouldn’t go to the movies.

You are one of a kind

I do wonder why you didn’t try to validate today’s lame take by declaring again that you possess five degrees including one from Johns Hopkins

PS: Do online degrees really count?

Way to take a dump on my Devry certificate.

Thanks bud.

You would think with all your training you could handle 32oz
I once funneled 3 beers from 3 stories below.

Then a full beer can fell on my head and I was knocked out.

12oz curls are my specialty.

We met up with some people at a tailgate and were going to do a round of shots. One guy we offered them to said "No thanks, I'm already 24 oz deep". i.e he had already had two beers (but said it in a way that it sounded like a lot).

We thought that was hilarious and being "24 oz deep" became an inside joke.

We met up with some people at a tailgate and were going to do a round of shots. One guy we offered them to said "No thanks, I'm already 24 oz deep". i.e he had already had two beers (but said it in a way that it sounded like a lot).

We thought that was hilarious and being "24 oz deep" became an inside joke.
24oz deep....That is funny.

This is gonna make me look worse than it does you.

"wherever" is spelled wrong. "YouTube" should have a capital T. The structure of this sentence may technically be correct, but you are torturing the language to get there.
Spelling is not grammar or usage; it is technically an error on my part, but it's not grammar or usage.

You're replying to my first post in this thread, so "still" is used incorrectly here.
"Still" is used in my sentence not to imply your tenure as an idiot began at the inception of this thread, or your entrance into it, but rather at your birth.

This should say "That post was made weeks ago" -- a post can't "be" in the fashion you're implying.
You're making up your own grammar rules, completely apart from the actual rules of the English language:
Present perfect continuous ( I have been working ) - English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary

comma splice!
No, you're just an idiot. A comma splice joins two independent clauses, idiot. For a clause to be independent it has to have its own discrete subject. "Poster" is the sole subject of this sentence, and "implied" is the sole verb, and you're an idiot.

People will argue about this, but there should probably be a comma after both 'generally' and 'writer', especially to make it more readable given the rest of the sentence
Here again, you're simply making up your own rules, also known as talking out of your a@s. The sentence is 100% grammatically perfect.

Subject-verb disagreement; this should say "none is a Harvard grad"
Here again, you're an idiot who clearly doesn't read much:
Is "None" Singular or Plural? | Writer's Digest

You say "Writer's Workshop" in one post and "Writers' Workshop" in another, so one of them is wrong.
Wow, you got me - I made a typo while typing on a message board.

"Respectively" is used incorrectly since you don't order the "two different programs" you mention (also "different" is redundant).
No, you're just an idiot. I mentioned both programs in the same sentence all of two sentences earlier in the same paragraph - and I did so in the same order that I referred to them with in said sentence.

In sum, you're a twit.

Pompous jack@ss? Yes, that pretty much describes you.
Oth, I'm sure you are a true American literary genius. Whatta you got, 4 or 5 Pulitzers?
You have no idea the depth of your foolishness. I have no Pulitzers, but I have had fiction published in two of the top literary journals in the world according to the New Yorker, and which you couldn't get published in if your life depended on it.

I have had a play performed professionally for three weeks in Los Angeles; here again, I'm sure you have had several performed.

I have had two books of fiction published by small presses, and have been called a literary genius, believe it or not, by a National Book Award finalist.

I have sold a feature screenplay for probably what you make in six months or more of wages.

Unfortunately, I'm still as obscure as Emily ****inson was in her lifetime, which no doubt brings you, being the fatuous fool that you are, great joy. But I'm a hell of a lot less obscure than you are, fool.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I'm still as obscure as Emily ****inson was in her lifetime, which no doubt brings you, being the fatuous fool that you are, great joy. But I'm a hell of a lot less obscure than you are, fool.

You know how last names derived from jobs, like Smith, Baker, Fisher.

This is gonna make me look worse than it does you.

"wherever" is spelled wrong. "YouTube" should have a capital T. The structure of this sentence may technically be correct, but you are torturing the language to get there.
Spelling is not grammar or usage; it is technically an error on my part, but it's not grammar or usage.

You're replying to my first post in this thread, so "still" is used incorrectly here.
"Still" is used in my sentence not to imply your tenure as an idiot began at the inception of this thread, or your entrance into it, but rather at your birth.

This should say "That post was made weeks ago" -- a post can't "be" in the fashion you're implying.
You're making up your own grammar rules, completely apart from the actual rules of the English language:
Present perfect continuous ( I have been working ) - English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary

comma splice!
No, you're just an idiot. A comma splice joins two independent clauses, idiot. For a clause to be independent it has to have its own discrete subject. "Poster" is the sole subject of this sentence, and "implied" is the sole verb, and you're an idiot.

People will argue about this, but there should probably be a comma after both 'generally' and 'writer', especially to make it more readable given the rest of the sentence
Here again, you're simply making up your own rules, also known as talking out of your a@s. The sentence is 100% grammatically perfect.

Subject-verb disagreement; this should say "none is a Harvard grad"
Here again, you're an idiot who clearly doesn't read much:
Is "None" Singular or Plural? | Writer's Digest

You say "Writer's Workshop" in one post and "Writers' Workshop" in another, so one of them is wrong.
Wow, you got me - I made a typo while typing on a message board.

"Respectively" is used incorrectly since you don't order the "two different programs" you mention (also "different" is redundant).
No, you're just an idiot. I mentioned both programs in the same sentence all of two sentences earlier in the same paragraph - and I did so in the same order that I referred to them with in said sentence.

In sum, you're a twit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back