PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jules and Thor review Frozen 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got arrogant down. BTW I work too, and have 2 degrees from Hopkins
I have five degrees total, including a Ph.D, if you want to get in a counting match. But I'm sure you have more.

And I don't believe you have two degrees from Johns Hopkins any more than I believe you're an ambassador from Pluto. But you certainly have a degree in ignorance.

See if you can follow here, genius: I mentioned said degree initially only in response to another poster, whom I had not addressed in any way, personally insulting me and implying I had no accomplishments in life, or something of the sort (that post has been weeks ago now - I realize some of you have no life and probably have every post here memorized, but I actually work for a living). Then the poster to whom I responded a couple days ago with further details on my degree, implied that said degree was only an online degree from Hopkins.

I was merely correcting a fool in his foolishness.

And if you think writers don't brag, you really know absolutely nothing about writers. Writers are a notoriously arrogant lot, and generally the better the writer the more arrogant he is. If you read Shakespeare's Sonnet 18, he basically says that as long as humans are on this earth they'll be reading his words - and he's right. Hemingway had an ego bigger than the continental U.S., and he could back it up.

Your John Hopkins degree didn't help you to understand much about football.
BTW, bragging about academic or career achievements on a message board is a sign of an extremely insecure person.
There are Harvard grads here. And a Mensa member or two. Have never seen any of those people ever bring that up even when their intelligence is questioned.
Might wanna take a look in the mirror.

I got a first degree burn touching my forearm to the top of the oven the other day. The things I do for pizza.

BTW, bragging about academic or career achievements on a message board is a sign of an extremely insecure person.
There are Harvard grads here. And a Mensa member or two. Have never seen any of those people ever bring that up even when their intelligence is questioned.
I won a beer chugging contest once...

I have five degrees total, including a Ph.D, if you want to get in a counting match. But I'm sure you have more.

And I don't believe you have two degrees from Johns Hopkins any more than I believe you're an ambassador from Pluto. But you certainly have a degree in ignorance.
You weren’t born in Tennessee were you?

I got a first degree burn touching my forearm to the top of the oven the other day. The things I do for pizza.

I just had a pepperoni pizza for the 2nd night in a row. Damn, does that make me
a bad person?

Ready to challenge TB?
He'd be tough but I'd hold my own.

I haven't chugged a beer in 20 years. I'd need some ramp up time...

He'd be tough but I'd hold my own.

I haven't chugged a beer in 20 years. I'd need some ramp up time...

No disrespect rw, but if there's $ on the line, I'm goin with Brady. The dude has consistently beaten his entire ol, all of em 300lbs+at beerchugging. Including very recently.

No disrespect rw, but if there's $ on the line, I'm goin with Brady. The dude has consistently beaten his entire ol, all of em 300lbs+at beerchugging. Including very recently.
I'm 190lbs and pushing 50.

I'd bet on Tom as well

Maybe you should look into the avocado ice cream diet. Might give you a shot against him
I'll stick to carrot sticks and scotch

Chase and Edelman seem like they would get along.

Jules needs rest, his shoulder seems to be badly hurting him every time he caught a ball.

I can assure you that I have no need to look in the mirror, nor am I insecure in the slightest. I suppose you just smile and thank them when people insult you. Somehow I doubt it. But you're certainly great at sanctimony and fatuousness.

You do realize that every now and then Harvard grads and Mensa folk get outdone? Just as a pertinent example, none of the greatest writers in the history of this country are Harvard grads. More than a couple of them did go to the Iowa Writer's Workshop, but I'm sure you knew that. If you tried telling anyone who knows anything about writing that a master's degree in creative writing from Harvard is as valuable as one from the Writing Seminars they would laugh in your face.

You'll be waiting a long time indeed if you wait for me to take advice from you, on football or anything else.

Last edited:
I can assure you that I have no need to look in the mirror, nor am I insecure in the slightest. I suppose you just smile and thank them when people insult you. Somehow I doubt it. But you're certainly great at sanctimony and fatuousness.

You do realize that every now and then Harvard grads and Mensa folk get outdone? Just as a pertinent example, none of the greatest writers in the history of this country are Harvard grads. More than a couple of them did go to the Iowa Writer's Workshop, but I'm sure you knew that. If you tried telling anyone who knows anything about writing that a master's degree in creative writing from Harvard is as valuable as one from the Writing Seminars they would laugh in your face. It's kind of the same principle as film school: Columbia has one, and even though overall they're a higher-ranked university than the University of Southern California, USC is regarded by everyone who knows anything at all about film as being the top film school in the country, which is why I did my screenwriting degree there. But I'm sure you have degrees from two different programs that respectively are the #2 and #1 programs in the country for their fields. Or maybe you just like playing a pompous ja@k@ss.

You'll be waiting a long time indeed if you wait for me to take advice from you, on football or anything else.

For someone who is such an accomplished writer you’d think you wouldn’t make as many grammar and word usage mistakes as you have in this thread. Hopkins starting to seem a little overrated to me.

For someone who is such an accomplished writer you’d think you wouldn’t make as many grammar and word usage mistakes as you have in this thread. Hopkins starting to seem a little overrated to me.
You're welcome to reveal the full extent of your idiocy by listing my supposed grammar and usage errors, of which there were none. By the way, your second sentence is a fragment, genius.

You're welcome to reveal the full extent of your idiocy by listing my supposed grammar and usage errors, of which there were none.

This is gonna make me look worse than it does you.

What I said was that perhaps Van Noy shouldn't be spending the amount of time it takes to put together a food critic show for Youtube or whereever - which said amount of time is considerable if it's done even half-ass right, the like of which I know by virtue of being a filmmaker - during the season unless he's playing absolutely perfectly, which clearly he did not a couple weeks ago.

"wherever" is spelled wrong. "YouTube" should have a capital T. The structure of this sentence may technically be correct, but you are torturing the language to get there.

And you're still displaying your ignorance.

You're replying to my first post in this thread, so "still" is used incorrectly here.

(that post has been weeks ago now - I realize some of you have no life and probably have every post here memorized, but I actually work for a living).

This should say "That post was made weeks ago" -- a post can't "be" in the fashion you're implying.

Then the poster to whom I responded a couple days ago with further details on my degree, implied that said degree was only an online degree from Hopkins.

comma splice!

Writers are a notoriously arrogant lot, and generally the better the writer the more arrogant he is.

People will argue about this, but there should probably be a comma after both 'generally' and 'writer', especially to make it more readable given the rest of the sentence

Just as a pertinent example, none of the greatest writers in the history of this country are Harvard grads.

Subject-verb disagreement; this should say "none is a Harvard grad"

More than a couple of them did go to the Iowa Writer's Workshop, but I'm sure you knew that.

You say "Writer's Workshop" in one post and "Writers' Workshop" in another, so one of them is wrong.

But I'm sure you have degrees from two different programs that respectively are the #2 and #1 programs in the country for their fields.

"Respectively" is used incorrectly since you don't order the "two different programs" you mention (also "different" is redundant).

You're welcome to reveal the full extent of your idiocy by listing my supposed grammar and usage errors, of which there were none. By the way, your second sentence is a fragment, genius.

My second sentence just dropped a linking verb but technically it's not a fragment. Also I make mistakes all the time but I'm not the one bragging about the various scholarships I got to creative writing programs in the 90's on a football message board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back