PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JOSH IS STAYING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares? If this means 2-3 more years for bb/brady and then maybe drafting s kyle lauletta to replace brady with mcdaniels as coach and maybe steve belichick as def coordinator, then great!

If the "word" to McDaniels is you will be next HC in 2019, I would think McDaniels will have a say in drafting a QB (No Tim Tebow II, please)...

Man, I hope dearest Abigail is handling this well.

1DFF1B54-C4D0-4554-B952-B3711A8182BB.jpeg

My Love,

Is the war going badly? It has been quite a while since we have had corresponded since you left for the latest campaign. I recently received a frantic telegraph from President Irsay. He was inchoerent as usual, however it seemed as if there is an immense sadness. I could not understand what he was describing but it felt like he is near the end. I pray this isn’t going to affect you as I know you are are recovering from your latest battle wound.

One thing I find odd. The recently disgraced Gen. Pagano has today been seen in a better mood. I do not quite know what to make of that but I feel it is not good...

Please repond soon..I am worried about your well being and I am sure than ever that President Irsay is finally near the end...

Always yours,

Abigaile.

Zeke Mowatt
Aaron Hernandez
The coach who electrocuted himself.
Chuck Fairbanks quitting/being fired/being reinstated
Bledsoe in intensive care
Wells
Berman

Quite a few
Calling your 1st round draft pick to welcome him to the Patriots and reaching him in the recovery room after he just had reconstructive Knee Surgery

Why would you think that? There’s no reason to believe that Patricia would’ve had anything more than a 50/50 shot at beating out McD for a head coaching position, here.

I’ve heard plenty of talk about McD being the heir apparent over the years. Not really much about Matt Patricia being the HC in waiting. Not sure how you can be so sure that would’ve been the case.

Actually it's the other way around. Patricial throughout the season was always mentioned as a possible heir to Belichick, while McDaniels was always talked about as the one to take a head coaching gig again somewhere else. Patricia leaving for the Lions all but guarantees Belichick isn't going anywhere. Patricia was going to be a head coach somewhere, be it here or somewhere else. Knowing from Belichick himself who reassured him he has no intentions of leaving, and upon receiving an offer from multiple clubs, he knew his time in NE was up. Not that I can blame him. McDaniels on the other hand, was always touted by the media an offensive genius, but a very mediocre HC (Denver, Rams). McDaniels was never brought up in discussions in the media (not that I heard at least) as Belihick's heir... Patricia was always touted as this 'genius rocket scientist with a pencil behind his ear' who one day will take over Belichick.

Spying the Colts board. This is what one idiot said.LMAO.

"I cannot wait until the Patriots start declining fast. I am watching every ****ing Patriots game to see the mighty dynasty fall apart into a thousand useless pieces and become a disgrace to the league. I hope their players riot and Josh is cast away like Romeo.Unbelievable."

Not sure why everyone is freaking out saying Bill is leaving (or, incredibly, being fired)... it is likely much more simply that Kraft gave him a nice raise to stay in NE and Josh decided it’s better for his family. Beyond that, Josh is still quite young and he can easily afford to wait a few years for Bill to retire, especially if he’s being paid well.

Additionally, if Caserio intends to stay long-term, it makes sense for Josh to see how it’s sensible to remain here and work with him after Bill retires. Again, assuming he’s being paid well to do so.

Or a promise to Josh that he becomes HC when BB retires

I agree. But potentially a lawsuit that the Colts were damaged, and the team has hired assistants that are for and from Josh. I could see the league being bastards.
nope..josh never signed a contract...idiot colts signing assistant coaches before josh officially signed was amateur hour.

If the "word" to McDaniels is you will be next HC in 2019, I would think McDaniels will have a say in drafting a QB (No Tim Tebow II, please)...
Josh strikes me as a pretty good judge of talent. Overall if you take out Tebow his draft record in DEN is respectable.

But the Tebow pick......ugh.

Josh will still be a hot commodity next year because Brady and Belichick will both still be there so he can write his own ticket again if he wants to leave.

McDaniels play calling in the first quarter and half is a top 3 reason we lost that Superbowl.

I was so happy to see him go

This upsets me

Yes, and our D had nothing to do with the loss

Really?

Because Philly scored on over 80% of their possessions.

Ok? What did ne score on? Ryan allen didn’t even punt. Brady sucked in the red zone in the first half. Don’t really care about field goals or bogus gift tds on goodell cheating either.

Did you ever see a high scoring shootout before, young whippersnapper? It is like a personal offense to millennial fans that brady’s own D gets scored on, because they are so hellbent on pretending brady is the entire team.

Brady also had 3 dropped ints in the first half. Meanwhile, foles did not and throwing seeds on a dime in tight coverage everywhere from qtr 1-4.

BB the Coach may resign soon.
But what about BB the GM?

No way! Jesus people, STOP AND THINK for a moment: If BB was to retire, even if it's in a year, you think Patricia would have left for Detroit? Cause Kraft promote Patricia over McDaniels to HC any day!
You keep saying this but how do you know? McDaniels has a much better track record as a coordinator with offences that are best in the league. Last night was a good example

People are laughing at this but here is nothing funny about it. These other coaches didn't do anything to deserve this. They may have left other jobs or opportunities on the table to go with Josh and he leaves them hanging out to dry.

It is definitely an ******* move by Josh but it also exposes an issue with NFL hiring rules. The Colts should have been able to sign Josh back after they reached a verbal agreement and not have to wait until the Pats season was over. Because of that they had to get started on the lower rank coordinators first which created this cluster**** of a situation.

No one has signed a deal there. Sorry to spoil your party.
There are 3 assistants the Colts hired to work under Josh. They will be staying with the Colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back