PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JOSH IS STAYING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sources: McDaniels spurns Colts to stay in NE

In the past 48 hours, Patriots owner Robert Kraft began talking with McDaniels and ultimately wound up sweetening his contract, helping to entice him to remain in New England rather than leave for Indianapolis, which announced it would be holding a news conference Wednesday to introduce its new head coach. However, McDaniels did not have a signed contract with the Colts, according to a source.

But this wasn't a decision about money. The truth is, McDaniels has been vacillating on this decision throughout the interview process, ever since meeting with the Colts on wild-card weekend. It is the reason a second meeting with Colts officials and team owner Jim Irsay was held. McDaniels was trying to get comfortable with the idea of taking his family out of New England and moving to Indianapolis.

McDaniels' decision to stay could spark speculation that perhaps Patriots head coach Bill Belichick's tenure is about to end, but those close to McDaniels say that isn't the case, a source told ESPN's Mike Reiss. The bigger factor to McDaniels was that the Patriots, who hadn't addressed his future until the past week or so, made an ultra-aggressive late push to try to entice him to stay. Had that happened a month or so ago, even if there was clarity that Belichick was definitely going to be the coach in 2018 (which he decisively is), McDaniels might not have pursued other head-coaching jobs as aggressively as he did.

No way! Jesus people, STOP AND THINK for a moment: If BB was to retire, even if it's in a year, you think Patricia would have left for Detroit? Cause Kraft promote Patricia over McDaniels to HC any day!

Yeah, after this last Super Bowl, he's definitely promoting the DC who gave up a record amount of yards while leading an average/below-average defense the past few seasons vs. the offensive genius who has us in the top 5 consistently.

Unless "imminent" here means a year down the road, this has already been confirmed to be not true by Reiss, Schefter, etc.

Dang. You quoted before I deleted after I saw Curran. My bad.

Kraft is a cheap SOB if all it took was more money to keep JMcD.
How much more a year can it cost to keep great Coordinators (heir apparent)? One or 2 Million bucks? They probably make half a billion in revenue/annum.

Great news. It doesn't mean Belichick is gone but it does indicate that Josh is in line to succeed.

Oh i am so happy. This has made my day. We could be seeing BB go into a tom coughlin role next year or when he feels like it or Caserio could be going into a GM role if BB doesn't want anything to do with Football anymore.

new development, already reported by Curan

Oh, excuse me.... Reported by Curan as a new development.... that clarifies everything. Jesus fcking christ.

I said earlier I would be shocked by nothing this offseason. This is the first not shocked thing.
BTW we are stepping all over the Eagles SB story - even in defeat it is a Patriots world.
Exactly.

Yeah, after this last Super Bowl, he's definitely promoting the DC who gave up a record amount of yards while leading an average/below-average defense the past few seasons vs. the offensive genius who has us in the top 5 consistently.

Patricia is a DC, not a GM. If you don't like the fcking personnel on the field (ESPECIALLY BUTTER ON THE SIDELINES), take it up with Belichick. Belichick alone is responsible for that 5hit show in the SB. Unfortonately for Patricia, he is forced to work with whatever garbage Belichick drafted/signed/traded for on defense.

Not following your argument

The offense had a good game. The defense did not. Josh is the OC. Matt is the DC. You said Kraft would promote Patricia over McDaniels any day. I said except after that Super Bowl. The premise being, you would promote someone who performed well in the SB rather than someone who performed poorly in the SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back