PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordons super bowl ring for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure who is more mentally ill, the guy with clear substance abuse issues or the judgmental people excited to trash him for it.
Yup... obviously people who don't understand real addiction.

Eating at McDonald's every day might lead to more than a few diseases, no?
Yes it can but you shouldn’t get sympathy for damaging your body because you make poor choices.

Yes it can but you shouldn’t get sympathy for damaging your body because you make poor choices.

Agreed. Only pointing out that lung cancer is hardly the only disease that can be caused by ourselves.

On second thought, not sure I agree with the sympathy part. Having sympathy for someone is ok if we still want to maintain some sort of humanity. If I see a 400 lb person died of a heart attack, it's pretty cold not to have sympathy. Sure, we know his choices are what brought about an early death, but there is really no need to hang a gluttony sign around his neck.

I view drug and alcohol addiction more like all the other addictions (food, gambling, etc.)...more of a mental illness than a disease. And begun by had choices.

I have sympathy for Josh Gordon because I have no doubt he is not purposefully being a shathead. He is mentally ill, and sorry, weak. That is sad.

You really need to seriously educate yourself on mental illness and addictions.
First of all ... there is no rational or logic to any of it ... because it is a disease.
Someday if you have dementia can we ask you to fall out of that?
Calling what Gordon has done during his life a "disease" is an insult to real diseases.

Why does anyone care?

1. He was suspended long before the SB they won and therefore has no emotional attachment to it.

2. We know he has personal problems.

3. We don’t know his financial situation.

People rushing to cast this as him trying to get money for a beer run are obviously lacking in empathy to an extent that I think they're sick at heart too.

But - there's another possibility that I can understand why some types might not bother considering in their rush to throw out dog whistles. Those types being the sort of person who are probably racist but lack the backbone to actually state their beliefs so they say things like 'purple drank' dog whistles because, ultimately, they're not just racists, they're also giant ****ies who aren't even man enough to admit their racism.

He simply might be very bothered by the ring because he didn't play in the Super Bowl. It is probably a painful reminder of what his substance abuse issues have cost him.

Figured the “addiction is a disease” folks would come swarming in. Wasn’t disappointed. Apparently personal accountability, countless second, third, forth, fifth chances mean nothing. Just blame the “disease” :rolleyes:

If you have Netflix, watch this film:

This auction begins on 8/7 and ends on 8/30 2020.

You might want to add that to post headline so people aren't wasting time looking for a selling price as I was.

Gordon does not own the ring. Some pawnbroker/dealer gave him a thousand? for it.

Last edited:
The real money maker here is the over and under on how many NFL games Gordon is active in 2020 before testing positive for narcotics.

He needs the money for whatever, i get it. Its only his ring.

Main reason why any time I have ever been given a prescription for pain killers from a doctor I throw the paper away and use ibuprofen if I need to.

The Army was handing out opioids like candy for the smallest injuries. I got opioid prescriptions for a broken foot, wisdom teeth removal, rotator cuff tear, and a groin tear, among other things. I could have become a dealer with how much I had lying around at times.

I'm not a big pill guy anyway. Based on my observations of some people, I feel getting into the prescription pill game is a downward spiral of needing more pills to counteract the side effects of the original, and so on. No thanks.

If I'm ever at a point that I HAVE to take some prescription for something, I'll suck up the side effects.

The Army was handing out opioids like candy for the smallest injuries. I got opioid prescriptions for a broken foot, wisdom teeth removal, rotator cuff tear, and a groin tear, among other things. I could have become a dealer with how much I had lying around at times.

I'm not a big pill guy anyway. Based on my observations of some people, I feel getting into the prescription pill game is a downward spiral of needing more pills to counteract the side effects of the original, and so on. No thanks.

If I'm ever at a point that I HAVE to take some prescription for something, I'll suck up the side effects.
I graduated high school in 2005 and I remember junior to senior year some of the "druggie" kids who up until that point mostly just smoked weed started messing around with pills. I don't even remember what the pills were named specially but apparently it was just synthetic heroin. Everyone graduated and went their separate ways, I moved to Florida for school and ended up down there almost 10 years and throughout that time there was probably close to two dozen kids I went to high school (only about 1000 kids in the whole school) with that died mostly of heroin overdoses. It was crazy to me because some of those kids in high school were burnouts but some of them were smart kids, athletes, and just every day "normal" kids. Those pills will get you hooked quickly then it is all down hill from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes