PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon Stepping Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh...and this is not welcome news for Sony Michel/White/Burkhead.

Man we were money on that pass rush.

The offensive line is doing their part, gotta get those backs out in space, use our damn quickness..we have done that so often in the past.

Count me in for more Dorsett.

Think they won't load up that box now...wideouts are all getting singled across the board, Oprah style..."you're getting singled...and you're getting singled...and you're getting singled..."

2E9ED8BC00000578-3326505-image-a-74_1447998086120.jpg

James whites fantasy prospects just went up.

don't forget gambling, video games

I had video games down but figured folks would balk at that. but gambling for sure and that is only going to get worse

Was there a labor strike? Have the final two weeks and playoffs been cancelled? Just want to know if I missed something so I can plan my weekends better.

Do what I'm going to do. Outside of maybe the wild card weekend, watch the playoff games with zero expectations of the Patriots winning. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

What I think it basically comes down to is it shouldn't be controversial to observe that the Patriots are a bad football team right now, and barring a dramatic turnaround that probably would've already happened if it was coming, they're not going to do anything in the playoffs. None of us want that to be the case, but it is what it is. It's an annoyance that simply observing that will get you labeled a bunch of dumb **** by a particular subset of posters here who almost never have anything meaningful to contribute to discussion anyway because they're fundamentally incapable of acknowledging the team's flaws.

Acknowledging that we're watching a team with little talent suffering from 4+ years of bad drafting that's resulted in an old, inconsistent, poorly constructed doesn't make you a bad fan. It makes you an honest observer of reality, yet the people who've observed that have taken so much crap here that a lot seem to be fed up with this place in general.
1. I am not disputing that the team doesn't have issues
2. I am not disputing that the team has drafted poorly over the past 4 years
3. I am not disputing that the team hasn't played up to its potential the past few games and the end result were ugly losses

What i am saying, is that people who remain positive that this team still has a shot against a mediocre playing field should not be written off as "homers" "bandwagon fans" and people who "can't see reality." It's funny how perspective is with fandom, actually. We see flaws in our own team that we think are insurmountable yet discount the issues that other teams have. The world-beating Rams and Chiefs, everybody's Super Bowl picks a mere 3 weeks ago, have looked bad the past 3 weeks. I don't see people writing them off.

We lost to the dolphins on a freak ******** play at the end of the game. We lost to the steelers in a game where, yes - we played very poorly, but were hamstrung by a ton of bogus penalties that clearly affected the game. If we don't let a freak play happen and the steelers game wasn't a complete hose job or if we simply make a catch on one of the key third downs, we'd be standing at 11-3 and 1 seed. Yes, those are woulda/coulda/shoulda, but it's not like we were humiliated and didn't stand a chance against either team.

Again, my reason for optimism is that we have beaten good teams this year (again, best record against winning teams for teams in playoffs currently), we are a few plays here and there from being the #1 seed (clearly team doesn't suck if they are that close), the league is absolutely wide open this year, and we have BB/TB. I am not saying that we are going to win, but i'm not writing them off yet. And I'm sure as hell not going to lambaste fans for remaining positive thinking this team isn't dead and still has a shot.

What I think it basically comes down to is it shouldn't be controversial to observe that the Patriots are a bad football team right now, and barring a dramatic turnaround that probably would've already happened if it was coming, they're not going to do anything in the playoffs. None of us want that to be the case, but it is what it is. It's an annoyance that simply observing that will get you labeled a bunch of dumb **** by a particular subset of posters here who almost never have anything meaningful to contribute to discussion anyway because they're fundamentally incapable of acknowledging the team's flaws.

Acknowledging that we're watching a team with little talent suffering from 4+ years of bad drafting that's resulted in an old, inconsistent, poorly constructed doesn't make you a bad fan. It makes you an honest observer of reality, yet the people who've observed that have taken so much crap here that a lot seem to be fed up with this place in general.

Bingo. I didn't see "Dorito Dink" complaining last year when I was dumping on the idiots. When the team is playing well, I'm high on them. When they're not, I call it like it is. Also, shame on you, @Joker for rating that post positively. You know better than that.

I guess you can say it's never over til it's over while we have Brady and Bill, but it's looking real bad. I think we win one home playoff game and then it's all over. Probably end up scoring like 16 points on the road with a Gostowski trademark missed extra point.

I think there is a fair middle ground to be had.

2018 Patriots:

7th best record
11th in PPG differential
9th in DVOA
5-2 record vs. winning teams

Seems fair to say the Pats are a good, definitely not great & certainly flawed team. Bad? You can see how that doesn’t really make sense objectively.

Most fans would admit this team doesn’t stack up to others from years past.

EDIT: Bad as recently as two weeks is a fair claim. If you meant that, my bad.

i still have confidence in Hogan, Dorsett, and Patterson to fill the void

Relax Kontra...I respect people's viewpoints and the time they take to share them.

1. I am not disputing that the team doesn't have issues
2. I am not disputing that the team has drafted poorly over the past 4 years
3. I am not disputing that the team hasn't played up to its potential the past few games and the end result were ugly losses

What i am saying, is that people who remain positive that this team still has a shot against a mediocre playing field should not be written off as "homers" "bandwagon fans" and people who "can't see reality." It's funny how perspective is with fandom, actually. We see flaws in our own team that we think are insurmountable yet discount the issues that other teams have. The world-beating Rams and Chiefs, everybody's Super Bowl picks a mere 3 weeks ago, have looked bad the past 3 weeks. I don't see people writing them off.

We lost to the dolphins on a freak ******** play at the end of the game. We lost to the steelers in a game where, yes - we played very poorly, but were hamstrung by a ton of bogus penalties that clearly affected the game. If we don't let a freak play happen and the steelers game wasn't a complete hose job or if we simply make a catch on one of the key third downs, we'd be standing at 11-3 and 1 seed. Yes, those are woulda/coulda/shoulda, but it's not like we were humiliated and didn't stand a chance against either team.

Again, my reason for optimism is that we have beaten good teams this year (again, best record against winning teams for teams in playoffs currently), we are a few plays here and there from being the #1 seed (clearly team doesn't suck if they are that close), the league is absolutely wide open this year, and we have BB/TB. I am not saying that we are going to win, but i'm not writing them off yet. And I'm sure as hell not going to lambaste fans for remaining positive thinking this team isn't dead and still has a shot.

If that's the case, then you're not someone I'm talking about.

Do what I'm going to do. Outside of maybe the wild card weekend, watch the playoff games with zero expectations of the Patriots winning. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

I don't begrudge anyone for having that philosophy, but it doesn't work for me. The idea of expecting something good to happen and being disappointed doesn't frighten me. The idea of living my life expecting to lose is worse for me personally.

This is a blow. I can still see enough scenarios where the Patriots can win to feel like we have a chance. I don't need to temper those expectations, and if I'm wrong, so be it. This desire to only be wrong if it results in something good is a mentality I will never understand.

Relax Kontra...I respect people's viewpoints and the time they take to share them.

Fair enough. I gave you a "thank you" for that one but I can undo it and give you a "useful" as well.

Please tell me you are joking.
I don't joke, I have an in with Ian Fapaport. It was all just a misunderstanding, as they mixed up the urine test of Josh Gordon with that of Brian Hoyer. It was an honest mistake as they both look similar and have the number 2 in their jerseys.

If worst comes to worst, they're gonna re-sign Eric Decker and have Gordon sneak into the game wearing Decker's jersey.

Book that trip to Atlanta now and thank me later.

The NFL needs to have entirely different policies for PET's and addiction issues. To treat them as the same thing is ignorant and destructive to both the League and individual players.

I don't begrudge anyone for having that philosophy, but it doesn't work for me. The idea of expecting something good to happen and being disappointed doesn't frighten me. The idea of living my life expecting to lose is worse for me personally.

This is a blow. I can still see enough scenarios where the Patriots can win to feel like we have a chance. I don't need to temper those expectations, and if I'm wrong, so be it. This desire to only be wrong if it results in something good is a mentality I will never understand.

I'm fine with expecting something good to happen and then being wrong when I have reason for it. This team gives me no reason for it. This is 2009 all over again, IMO.

The NFL needs to have entirely different policies for PET's and addiction issues. To treat them as the same thing is ignorant and destructive to both the League and individual players.
I'm not sure why they are monitoring non PEDs. They don't impact the game.

I don't joke, I have an in with Ian Fapaport. It was all just a misunderstanding, as they mixed up the urine test of Josh Gordon with that of Brian Hoyer. It was an honest mistake as they both look similar and have the number 2 in their jerseys.

If worst comes to worst, they're gonna re-sign Eric Decker and have Gordon sneak into the game wearing Decker's jersey.

Book that trip to Atlanta now and thank me later.

Guy has the personality of a door knob.

Darn, one game too many, Pats don't get a pick back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST