PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon is off the injury report

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only player who did not practice yesterday was Trent Brown due to illness.. other than that every other of the 9 Pats players on the list had limited participation...

To the naked eyes it may seen like Gordon may have lost step but he has been battling a hamstring injury plus learning our difficult Offense. That said he's been making some Big plays in recent weeks which show he's not far from that 2013 Gordon we know. He's been good for one Big play a game. I expect to see much more as the season continues.

I would give him a 2nd round tender and then try and sign him to a long term deal during next season if he is staying out of trouble.

I am more concerned about the off-season when the Pats won’t have the control over him like they do during the season.

I don’t think other teams will take a chance on him though.

Gordon is clearly worth the first round tender of $4.4M a year. They can negotiate before or after.

This is especially true given that Hogan, Dorsett and Patterson are free agents.

I would give him a 2nd round tender and then try and sign him to a long term deal during next season if he is staying out of trouble.

I am more concerned about the off-season when the Pats won’t have the control over him like they do during the season.

Great find. Thanks for sharing. I think he likes Flash:
Even so, if Gordon plays a year or two without missing a game and proves that he’s managing his addiction well, there may not be a receiver I’d rather have in the NFL.

The amazing thing about Gordon’s game is how technically sound and aware it is. His movements are as precise and refined as I’ve seen at the position.

Gordon is clearly worth the first round tender of $4.4M a year. They can negotiate before or after.

This is especially true given that Hogan, Dorsett and Patterson are free agents.

I thought about giving him the 1st round tender, but thought it was to much of a risk if he were to flame out with the 4.4M.

However a lower level tender would also be good for him at least money wise as it is essentially a 50% raise.

As I am happy he is doing well, I am still leary of offering him a long term contract just yet.

We've brought in troubled players in the past and helped them get over their issues. Gordon certainly has the appreciation of his teammates. I would want to offer him an extension now and lock him long term. It'll boost his confidence and will certainly help him put past his troubles and stay committed to the game. Just my opinion.

I thought about giving him the 1st round tender, but thought it was to much of a risk if he were to flame out with the 4.4M.

As I am happy he is doing well, I am still leary of offering him a long term contract just yet.
I’d be happy to see them lock him up for the long term right now. Five years, heavy on incentives, team friendly so they can cut him loose and walk away easily if he falls off the wagon. Structure it so there is very little downside and get him now before other teams have a shot at inflating his valuation.

We've brought in troubled players in the past and helped them get over their issues. Gordon certainly has the appreciation of his teammates. I would want to offer him an extension now and lock him long term. It'll boost his confidence and will certainly help him put past his troubles and stay committed to the game. Just my opinion.
I'd lock him long term as well, but with a incentive focused contract incase things go wrong. As good as he's been for us it's only been a few games and mental health/addiction issues is a hard thing to overcome.

If he's worth keeping at all, you give him the 1st round tender because it's still very cheap for a starting WR. You don't lose out on Gordon over a couple million.

I dont understand why fans want to lock Josh up long term. There is no motivation for the Patriots to do so.

There isn't a player in BB's tenure who has as troubled of a history as Josh and after a few games there is no way in hell I'm locking him up long-term.

All BB needs to do is extend the 1st or 2nd rd tender and hes here again in 2019.

Last edited:

If he makes it through this season clean, absolutely id slap the first rd tender on him and not think twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference