PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Jonnu traded to ATL

Alright this was un-expected made my day in FA BB got rid of the ghosts of Agholor and Jonnu Smith let's make it right this FA.

Dead $13 Mill dead cap in a Trade??
yes, the Pats keep the signing bonus (hence ATL has not such of a bad deal financially)

Pats have had 2023 (17M against the cap) and 2024 (18M against the cap), while with the trade and the singing bonus proration with 6,4M in 2023 & 2024 remaining with the Pats the Falcons have a Cap hit of <5M in 2023 while his Cap Hit in 2024 with 12M is not guaranteed at all and they can dump him off wihtout any Dead money for them, hence is not such a bad deal for them, hope to receive more than a 7th rounder for that^^

Alright this was un-expected made my day in FA BB got rid of the ghosts of Agholor and Jonnu Smith let's make it right this FA.
The WR and TE FA class aren't good this year. They could resign Jakobi but it's going to cost them. They're going to have to replace Jonnu through the draft.

Can we designate the trade as post June 1?

Yikes. You know Agholor is a free agent, right? He's completely off the books.
Agholors contract is up, he is a FA and not anymore under Pats Cap

Can we designate the trade as post June 1?
No. Less cap savings for 2023 than what we want to see, but getting him off the books entirely in 2024 is a win.

The WR and TE FA class aren't good this year. They could resign Jakobi but it's going to cost them. They're going to have to replace Jonnu through the draft.
Very easy they are replacing someone who gave them next to nothing.

I guess I don't understand why we bothered renewing him at all.

Dead weight. I've already forgotten his name.

Now we wait to see who the GOAT will acquire.

Definitely a sunk cost type of decision being made here, but it's the right one. I was excited when they signed him, but he just never got it here, AND was injured a lot to boot. What I want to know is what Atlanta is thinking... already having Pitts makes this a bit of a head scratcher.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back