PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Jonnu Smith signs with New England!

Excellent signing!

Smith was always perfect option for what Pats are building now. Loads of experience in run heavy offence from TEN.
Young, athletic, all over the field, YAC, RZ, HB - probably most versatile in that sense.

Perfect for Cam or future QB.

But who's going to throw him the ball?

Dunno if I'd put him at Gronk's level for run blocking but apparently he is a really good run blocker.
He's definitely not a Gronk level blocker, though he is described as a capable blocker. Bill once said he was the best tight end in the league for YAC

Unlike some teams, Pats always seem to make things happen with Rosenhaus clients..... maybe it's mutual respect or both sides cut through the BS and get down to brass tacks...... Though he did screw the PAts with the AB signing but he represented his client pretty well..

Good signing. He’s a good player who can block and catch. Not gonna be a Gronk or Kelce type in the pass game but he can catch and will have to be respected by the D. We can finally throw to a TE again. Good start to the day, now let’s go get Curtis Samuel.

This is great news to start my lunch break, lol!

Excellent signing. Means we won’t have to depend as much on Asiasi or Keene making headway in Year 2 and we don’t need to look to the draft to fill that need. Very good start on the rebuild.

I can't imagine run blockers trying to stop us now. With our OL and Smith, it's going to be difficult.
It does seem like we are going to be a run heavy/run first team. Trade for Brown and now sign Smith.

I guess they think Pitts won't be there at 15.

Excellent signing. Means we won’t have to depend as much on Asiasi or Keene making headway in Year 2 and we don’t need to look to the draft to fill that need. Very good start on the rebuild.
Expect vet TE LaUseless to be cut and the 2nd yr players as developing backups

I liked Henry at market value more because he was already an accomplished player but Jonnu was a close 1B.

He has all the tools to be a chess piece on offense if he can put it all together.

Pretty happy already with how things are going.

Tears of joy

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back