PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joint Practices this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Good News and a good team to practice against (hopefully we get the Saints too).

Joint Practices always win the approval of fans, Blount and Snoop Dogg.

Sean Peyton mentioned during the owners meeting that the Pats and Saints won't meet this preseason. So those joint practices won't happen. Hopefully we find another opponent for week 1 that is in.

Bucs (Licht connection) ? If the Texans are in our preseason program then why not also the Titans (Robinson) ?

Sean Peyton mentioned during the owners meeting that the Pats and Saints won't meet this preseason. So those joint practices won't happen. Hopefully we find another opponent for week 1 that is in.

Bucs (Licht connection) ? If the Texans are in our preseason program then why not also the Titans (Robinson) ?
Do we ever have joint practices with teams we'll see in the regular season? If not, then it couldn't be the Bucs.

Granted, playing against an opponent lets you evaluate them a bit more and probably have better quality film. We've seen plenty of divisional opponents end up on our roster.

Though, this ends up in, from what I see, 2 situations.
1 - a Trade. Which the team has to see the advantage or otherwise they wouldn't go through with it (so it's theoretically a win-win)
2 - Free Agent signing. In which case, the team let go of the player and they can sign anywhere.

Do we ever have joint practices with teams we'll see in the regular season? If not, then it couldn't be the Bucs.

We had joint practices with the Bucs in 2013 and met them in the same season pretty early. The good old Schiano days..

We had joint practices with the Bucs in 2013 and met them in the same season pretty early. The good old Schiano days..
Yeah, I remember it now that you say something. Thanks, man.

Love it. These guys gave NE fits defensively last playoffs, kind of don't see why HOU is giving them reps TBH, but I'm glad they are.

Last edited:
To bad there'll not b any joint practices at Gillette (unless the Jags decide) There always a lot of fun for everyone n there's good competition to view

Umm, why are they having them in West Virginia?
That is where the Texans will be holding a good portion of their TC. There's a resort there called The Greenbriar. I'm hoping to make the drive from Western PA, as I missed out the last time (Saints).

Some of the teams feel that it's better for the players to be removed from their home town setting due to potential distractions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots